New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

It's going to be amusing when this record comes out and if it's 4 times as good quality wise as MDNA, what the people claiming she's not more passionate this time around are going to say then I'm not sure. But I bet they won't be saying "well, if instagram was around for MDNA then she totally would totally have seemed as passionate!"

I never once said I hated MDNA or don't like it or don't have a love for it. I do but there's also nothing wrong with admitting to its flaws, which it has several.

One of them being that she didn't devote her time solely to it. Even Orbit said the same thing.

This time around she is focusing solely on her music and it hopefully will turn out a better end result. We won't know until the record drops but there's a difference between straight up hating on MDNA versus just wanting her to improve in the areas she can/not repeat similar mistakes this time.

Edited by Arnian

I'm waiting for Frank Ocean to show up to this party. She was a vocal fan back of his in 2012 and has hung out with him since. Plus, he has worked with Beyonce, and we know they are pals. In fact, now that I think about it, Diplo and Mozella (or S1) have worked with Beyonce, too.

It would be a dream come true if Frank Ocean finally shows up as well. There were all those hints that he might be involved.

I'm thinking something like Superpower...perfection.

It cracks me up how people have to make every excuse for MDNA other than you don't like something that Madonna did. You act like "oh she couldn't be bothered." I doubt a woman who plans every minute of her day would be blase about an album she puts out. William Orbit may have not even have liked the process, but that doesn't mean that Madonna didn't do exactly what she wanted to do. Whenever Madonna does something you don't like, it can't just be "you don't like it," or even MORE SO "you don't get it." You would rather blame her in insulting ways. Insulting her intelligence, her passion, her intentions, her sense of self...

If people are going to USE this new album to knock down MDNA than they are already giving this new album bad energy. Every album has it's own thing going on.

It would be a dream come true if Frank Ocean finally shows up as well. There were all those hints that he might be involved.

I'm thinking something like Superpower...perfection.

My favorite song from that album! Original and effortless.

It cracks me up how people have to make to every excuse for MDNA other than you don't like something that Madonna did. You act like "oh she couldn't be bothered." I doubt a woman who plans every minute of her day would be blase about an album she puts out. William Orbit may have not even have liked the process, but that doesn't mean that Madonna didn't do exactly what she wanted to do. Whenever Madonna does something you don't like, it can't just be "you don't like it," or even MORE SO "you don't get it." You would rather blame her in insulting ways. Insulting her intelligence, her passion, her intentions, her sense of self...

If people are going to USE this new album to knock down MDNA than they are already giving this new album bad energy. Every album has it's own thing going on.

Brilliant post. Could not agree more. I have no issues whatsoever with people not liking MDNA as personal opinions and views are all different. However, the garbage about her having no passion for this record etc goes against everything Madonna has ever stood for. She always gives her all in everything that she does.

It cracks me up how people have to make to every excuse for MDNA other than you don't like something that Madonna did. You act like "oh she couldn't be bothered." I doubt a woman who plans every minute of her day would be blase about an album she puts out. William Orbit may have not even have liked the process, but that doesn't mean that Madonna didn't do exactly what she wanted to do. Whenever Madonna does something you don't like, it can't just be "you don't like it," or even MORE SO "you don't get it." You would rather blame her in insulting ways. Insulting her intelligence, her passion, her intentions, her sense of self...

This deserves a big, fat LIKE!!

MDNA's "theme" is M's DNA, references to her past sound.

And why do you all worry so much about a theme? Did Madonna, Like a Virgin, or True Blue have a theme? I didn't think so but they were great albums (TB especially). Even Like a Prayer didn't have a theme in my opinion. It was a collection of songs with different sounds and unrelated messages but the overall output was incredible.

Can't speak for anybody else but I will say that personally I never insulted Madonna's intelligence, her passion, her intentions and her sense of self. (Geez, even typing that out made me cringe). What I have said before is that she seemed more involved with W.E. than MDNA. Every interview she did was more about the movie rather than her music. She only did one promo for MDNA. These are the facts, and that's ok!! I'm not mad at her for making W.E. in fact I loved the film. I'm also super thrilled she did the Halftime Show for Superbowl. But MDNA as an album is just not my favorite and I'm kinda glad she didn't promote it too much. I know she can make music way better and people are gonna get psyched over her new album.

I am simply glad that this new era is completely devoted to music and not other things the way it was with MDNA. No negative energy. Just excitement.

MDNA's "theme" is M's DNA, references to her past sound.

And why do you all worry so much about a theme? Did Madonna, Like a Virgin, or True Blue have a theme? I didn't think so but they were great albums (TB especially). Even Like a Prayer didn't have a theme in my opinion. It was a collection of songs with different sounds and unrelated messages but the overall output was incredible.

Agree. I love variety in albums and different types of songs. Themes are not important to me either.

I think that as long as there is so little information,people will talk about SOMETHING. Will it be Heartbeat, MDNA, Mia's finger... Get used to it because this part of the forum is going to be a bit of a mess until things start going faster.

William Orbit in his little rant couldn't have been clearer that Madonna didn't put in the time, or simply didn't have the time, to make MDNA a great record. Madonna is human. Sometimes she makes mistakes and is less inspired. Sometimes (but of course only rarely) the quality of her work dips, and I think MDNA is an example of that. We also know for a fact that quite a few songs were actually demos originally written and recorded by other people, with minimal changes from Madonna. That might have worked in 1986 when Madonna got first pick of the best songs, but it's not going to make for a great album when the demos are rubbish like GGW and Some Girls. Even if you disregard all the evidence that Madonna wasn't as committed as usual, I think you only have to listen to the album to realise that, especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica.

Of course, if you genuinely love the album and you respect my opinion that I'm not fond of it, fair enough. But I think MDNA-lovers are being called "apologists" because they often resort to false comparisons and twisted logic to defend the album, rather than the music itself. I'm talking about stuff like "If Like a Prayer took X amount of time to make, and MDNA took X+10 amount of time to make, MDNA can't be any worse than Like a Prayer" and that kind of argument. I also think people are looking for patterns where there aren't any, as in "Fans always criticise the latest album then start to love it when the next album comes out." There is no pattern. The fan reaction is specific to each album and the circumstances of its release.

William Orbit in his little rant couldn't have been clearer that Madonna didn't put in the time, or simply didn't have the time, to make MDNA a great record. Madonna is human. Sometimes she makes mistakes and is less inspired. Sometimes (but of course only rarely) the quality of her work dips, and I think MDNA is an example of that. We also know for a fact that quite a few songs were actually demos originally written and recorded by other people, with minimal changes from Madonna. That might have worked in 1986 when Madonna got first pick of the best songs, but it's not going to make for a great album when the demos are rubbish like GGW and Some Girls. Even if you disregard all the evidence that Madonna wasn't as committed as usual, I think you only have to listen to the album to realise that, especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica.

Of course, if you genuinely love the album and you respect my opinion that I'm not fond of it, fair enough. But I think MDNA-lovers are being called "apologists" because they often resort to false comparisons and twisted logic to defend the album, rather than the music itself. I'm talking about stuff like "If Like a Prayer took X amount of time to make, and MDNA took X+10 amount of time to make, MDNA can't be any worse than Like a Prayer" and that kind of argument. I also think people are looking for patterns where there aren't any, as in "Fans always criticise the latest album then start to love it when the next album comes out." There is no pattern. The fan reaction is specific to each album and the circumstances of its release.

I just want new music

Thank you.

I detest being called an "apologist" because I like MDNA. I am sure others here also hate that term. Why on earth do people that don't like MDNA keep on insisting that others only like it because they are apologists etc ? It is insulting when you love an album and the songs on it, to then to be told that it is only because you accept less or whatever. I have loved Madonna since her very first album and also hate it when people who admit to only liking her since Ray of Light, want to tell everyone about who Madonna is and how pop music is beneath her.

I detest being called an "apologist" because I like MDNA. I am sure others here also hate that term. Why on earth do people that don't like MDNA keep on insisting that others only like it because they are apologists etc ? It is insulting when you love an album and the songs on it, to then to be told that it is only because you accept less or whatever. I have loved Madonna since her very first album and also hate it when people who admit to only liking her since Ray of Light, want to tell everyone about who Madonna is and how pop music is beneath her.

:clap:

It cracks me up how people have to make every excuse for MDNA other than you don't like something that Madonna did. You act like "oh she couldn't be bothered." I doubt a woman who plans every minute of her day would be blase about an album she puts out. William Orbit may have not even have liked the process, but that doesn't mean that Madonna didn't do exactly what she wanted to do. Whenever Madonna does something you don't like, it can't just be "you don't like it," or even MORE SO "you don't get it." You would rather blame her in insulting ways. Insulting her intelligence, her passion, her intentions, her sense of self...

you are 100% right.

Madonna is a true ARTIST, with an artistic view and artistic integrity.

You may like what she does or not.

You make think it's good or bad.

But you can't say it's not done under an artistic perspective.

After this, it's just a question of taste.

113966.gif

You guys shouldn't get so defensive, it's interesting to read different opinions, we can't all think alike

I like MDNA, I actually love it, but it was so obvious (in interviews) that Madonna was mostly interested in WE, that's where she's put her time, soul and money in.

I'm extremely happy that this time around music is her number 1 priority

I am 100% sure that she's aware of HC and MDNA underperforming (compared to her previous albums) and this time around she will give her absolute best and she'll literally bring POP music back