What do we think of Justify My Love?

Bill

flawless, perfect, genius.

It is everything that makes Madonna Madonna

it's sexual, sensual, warm, romantic, provocative, calculated, organic, catchy, disconcerting, confusing, nostalgic, poetic, artistic, the video, the single, the video-single, the cheek, the power.

If you don't believe in Justify My Love then... fuck off

Musically it creates an entire landscape with its sounds and beat. It's so damn sexy and smooth, and yet longing and eery.

The music video is one of the best moments of her career, period. It's like she stumbled into some alternate reality that is comprised entirely of endless hotel hallways filled with exotic and erotic creatures.

a song that just proves how she's a unique type of artist....pulling a number 1 with such a daring song and video...I think a lot had to do with the wonderful video, but let's be honest, the song is fucking great and out of the ordinary so I find no bads in this.

It's one of the greatest packages ever. The song + the video + the single sleeve + the video single release + the remixes + the beast within = :wow::dramatic: I mean like, no one else could pull this off, and do it in such great quality and style.

This!

It's okay. Still waiting for a proper CLUB remix then I'd probably really embrace it. JML is good but not a favorite and that includes the Girlie Show performance. I like it, but rarely rewatch like I do Erotica from that tour. I did like parts of the MDNA backdrop much more, esp the end when she's putting the mask on then closeup. There was something haunting about that.

Do LOVE the single cover though! And of course I rushed out to buy the VCR single video when it came out.

Justify my love was so different and sensual, especially for the time it was released. Others have tried to create the same style since but nothing comes even close. Also, this is how you make a video to compliment a song. Justify my love made people want to make love on a train - cross country. That line seemed so daring and exciting at the time and put a different spin on travelling to the country by train. :dramatic:

The production and overall song sounds so simple yet is intriguing and so effective. It just shows not everything needs to be a riot of sounds... it was a creative subtle song that did Madonna's message at the time justice. It was adult, not sleazy or trying to be overly sexy, it's a song that just eased in and out (no pun) :newspaper: of the listeners ears while the video made it come to life just that little bit more. It worked so well together, it wouldn't have been the same had it been a club style song with that visual. The slow sensual song makes it come together. (no pun) :laugh:

Such a sensual and sexy song to this day. No one else could have pulled this off, stirred up all the controversy, got the video banned and then made even more money by selling it as a video single-genius! And yes the Girlie Show performance is nothing short of amazing - those costumes, the lighting, and that catwalk sequence - perfection :elite:

I am not a fan of "Justify My Love". The video is great, and actually its music is good, too (I have instrumental version). The problem is she doesn't sing it, only whispers, which I don't appreciate.

The song is beautifully haunting and sensual, and then when set with the video it is just becomes a brilliant piece of work. :dramatic:

If you don't like Justify My Love please vacate the site immediately. Madonna Nation doesn't need flop fans who don't appreciation landmark masterpieces in Madonna's career as an artist pushing provocateur.

Signed.

THE BEAST WITHIN

OH-prah.gif

:dead: This made me lol.

I absolutely adore the song and everything that came from it! The video is absolute BEAUTY. Intellectually stimulating, aesthetically stimulating, sexually stimulating, soulfully stimulating, aurally stimulating... S E X

When the song and video came out, there was a huge riot of interest over it of course ... but does anyone remember certain radio stations claiming there was a secret message in the song if you played it backwards? :lol:

The local radio station here kept playing it backwards to try and decipher shit! :dead: That whole timeframe was total insanity and so much fun. She's a genius for the entire thing.

When I first heard it back in 1990 on the radio I was gobsmacked. It was unlike any record id ever heard before and was a huge risk.

As iconic as the video is, I think it trivialised the song in the eyes of the public.

I wish m took risks like she did back in the day.

When the song and video came out, there was a huge riot of interest over it of course ... but does anyone remember certain radio stations claiming there was a secret message in the song if you played it backwards? :lol:

The local radio station here kept playing it backwards to try and decipher shit! :dead: That whole timeframe was total insanity and so much fun. She's a genius for the entire thing.

I remember!! She was supposedly saying "I love satan. Do you? Do you?" :lol: