New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Guest Rachelle of London

The biggest let down ever :(

Tell me about it! I was praying she was a fan of the honey shrimp too

I can't start a new topic, so I'll post this here. An article I've written counting down Madonna's top 20 moments. In the spirit of celebrating Like a Prayer's anniversary and the upcoming album! Check it out and please share... :)

http://lgbteen.org/2014/03/top-20-madonna-moments/

I really enjoyed this. THANK YOU!!!

Guest Rocco Papa

I really enjoyed this. THANK YOU!!!

Good read :excl: Glad to see there were recent moments included instead of everything from 25 to 30 years ago.

Thanks guys!! :kiss2:

Tell me about it! I was praying she was a fan of the honey shrimp too

:lol: I was honestly dreaming that she would order take out just for the lettuce wraps alone.

I can't start a new topic, so I'll post this here. An article I've written counting down Madonna's top 20 moments. In the spirit of celebrating Like a Prayer's anniversary and the upcoming album! Check it out and please share... :)

RoccoPapa, Great stuff. You can tell a true fan wrote this.

Guest eroticerotic

Yup!

2 more albums and 2 more tours within the next 4 years.

I think she only is obligated to one more tour. :/ Sticky and mdna were under live nation

I think she only is obligated to one more tour. :/ Sticky and mdna were under live nation

And is it under this contract or the former one where fans were saying that live albums counted as half an album? So, if S&S and MDNA's live albums are counted together, that's one whole album down.

I don't know if this is true or not, just repeating what I'd heard other fans say occasionally. If that's true, she only has one album and one tour left under the current obligation.

Yes, but the deal was for 3 studio albums and 4 tours, according to several press reports.

Yes, but the deal was for 3 studio albums and 4 tours, according to several press reports.

This is exactly right - 3 studio albums a 4 tours over a 10-year period. 2008 marked the beginning of the deal, so she owes LN two more studio albums and two more tours. It's looking more and more likely that we'll see the second album in 2014, with a tour in 2015, then she'll probably release the third album in early 2017 (2.5 years after the second album, which has traditionally been the length of time between studio albums for her since ROL), followed by a tour to be completed by late 2017/early 2018 (i.e. at the end of the 10th year of the original deal).

Great interview with Pat Leonard but also sad that they are not working together especially after all the excitement with LAPs anniversary. Sounds like he is open to the idea though so we can still hope.

This is exactly right - 3 studio albums a 4 tours over a 10-year period. 2008 marked the beginning of the deal, so she owes LN two more studio albums and two more tours. It's looking more and more likely that we'll see the second album in 2014, with a tour in 2015, then she'll probably release the third album in early 2017 (2.5 years after the second album, which has traditionally been the length of time between studio albums for her since ROL), followed by a tour to be completed by late 2017/early 2018 (i.e. at the end of the 10th year of the original deal).

This is all true and probably what's going to happen. But contracts were designed to be flexible and re-negotiable. So technically after the first album/tour, there could have been a clause where they could have extended the agreement or changed it. I'm pretty sure this has happened with WB several times. I remember back in the day there being reports of a certain number of albums in a certain number of years and I don't think it actually panned out that way. If Madonna wanted to take a year off to make a movie, for example, all she'd have to do is have her attorneys set up a meeting with LN and tweak the contract.

Guest eroticerotic

oh, i thought it was 3 3 but now I can't find any article that confirms that! articles only mention it's a 10 year deal for 3 albums. her new album in that case HAS to come out this year, for her last album to come out in 2017 and tour in 2018 :)

Great read, thank you for that. Happily shared :)

M just posted a new Instagram pic containing the title "Rebel Heart", with the following caption:

Day turns into night.

I wont give up the fight.

Don't want to get to the end of my days..........

saying I Wasn't amazed!

#revolutionoflove

Those look and sound like song lyrics to me. I'm guessing we'll be getting a new single SOON!!!

004a85a4b2e411e396f50eb5cd468707_8.jpg

Oh god pleeeeeease let that be the album title!!! :dramatic: I wouldn't evem care if that was the cover. I love it. And those lyrics makes me emotional. There is something very touching about what she's doing. I have a feeling, like NEVER before, that this is going to be truly amazing.

Stop guys. You're getting me all excited and we know NOTHING yet. All I know is nothing is coming that soon. We got some time to kill before we get anything...it's just her giving your bit of a song probably...so I guess rebel heart is happening. I like it.