New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

She had the Superbowl for MDNA, let's not pretend there wasn't anything given for that era in terms of promo. And like doing a few more television interviews and performances would matter after that publicity.

This time around she doesn't have the Superbowl so some live performances, interviews, etc would be essential.

Cher did TONS of promo for her last album and she also makes the bulk of her money from touring.

She claimed in one interview that she's not big on tv performances and flying all over the world for interviews and performances, but the she DOES IT FOR THE FANS, that have stuck by her through the years.

Tell me another one

It would be absolute CAREER SUICIDE if Madonna pulled that "non traditional promo" crap again with this album, the media would MASSACRE her because let's face it no matter how good the album is, if she doesn't promote it IT AINT GONNA SELL!

And the media will finally get their wish in proclaiming Madonna a flop and a has been

Remember the Roger Friedman MDNA second week sales drop debacle? It'll be 10 times worse and it will IMMEDIATELY put this new era in a negative light, which is exactly what happened with MDNA, which is said because I still think MDNA is one of her best albums.

This makes me hope Madonna doesn't do one ounce of promotion. The media doesn't dictate to me how I feel about Madonna or her music. Whether she promotes album 13 or not it will still be the same album. Madonna did what she wanted to do with MDNA.

Apparently not as much as MDNA.

Blind stanning aside, she needs to do promo. End of it.

She had a huge decline the second week precisely because she had a record-breaking pre-order, too. Everyone pre-ordered during the Super Bowl weekend because a.) casual fans became aware of the album during all of the promo leading up to the Super Bowl performance (which promoted the first single and thus the album) and b.) there was an extremely generous discounted price for the deluxe version of the album on iTunes, where the deluxe was being sold for the price that the regular edition would later be sold for.

If you amass all those sales before the record is out, you have a lot farther to fall when the bottom drops out the next week. She had never had the benefit of the "Super Bowl" effect before.

The drama in this thread needs to be dialed back a bit. Telling Madonna what she NEEDS TO DO is silly. She could rent a theater in NYC for her last two "tours" and she'd still make the money for Live Nation that she needs to, with or without releasing an album. We are blessed she wants to record new music and (Godwilling) perform it on tour. Any magazines, photoshoots, or interviews she does would be icing on the cake.

She had the Superbowl for MDNA, let's not pretend there wasn't anything given for that era in terms of promo. And like doing a few more television interviews and performances would matter after that publicity.

This time around she doesn't have the Superbowl so some live performances, interviews, etc would be essential.

Yes, and as we're finding out with what the NFL is trying to sue M.I.A. for, that promo was worth millions of dollars. Probably somewhere in the ballpark of $100 million, if you figure 12 minutes x $8-ish million per minute (which is about the rate they're "billing" M.I.A. for her 2-minute appearance).

That's not including commerical time that mentioned Madonna's name, the press conference beforehand, which got her "free" publicity.

Not saying Madonna didn't work for this and put on a massive, entertaining spectacle. But every artist who does the Super Bowl sees a spike in their catalogue sales, and the ones who release tour tickets immediately afterward experience enormous box office. In Madonna's case, that further added to her album first week/pre-sales, because of the ticket bundling. There really was nowhere to go but down for week 2 sales of MDNA.

No news since a while now, I want to know what's happening :-)

Yeah, me too.

But if the Fred Ball thing is true, I guess we won't be having any album news until they hit the studio together in April.

Jef Martens who wrote 'Scream & Shout' with Will.I. Am

was approached by Interscope 2 write 4 M in LA. But he declined because there would b no guarantee he would finally end up working with Madonna so he decided 2 go ahead with other projects that are 100 % sure. The media are already spinning the shit into 'Jef Martens refuses 2 work with Madonna'...when he never said no such thing :rolleyes:

I don't really like the idea though, of interscope solliciting random songwriters...it's kinda aimless & very MDNA-esque.

was approached by Interscope 2 write 4 M in LA. But he declined because there would b no guarantee he would finally end up working with Madonna so he decided 2 go ahead with other projects that are 100 % sure. The media are already spinning the shit into 'Jef Martens refuses 2 work with Madonna'...when he never said no such thing :rolleyes:

I don't really like the idea though, of interscope solliciting random songwriters...it's kinda aimless & very MDNA-esque.

It is the current model though isn't it? I mean, they have these "songwriting camps" in the USA whenever it's time for the next Rihanna or Katy Perry album.

Now I am not sure how it is with Madonna but I think it's a halfway house between that industrial songwriter thing and her own writing as well. We all know she keeps journals and composes her own melodies onto the guitar as well; but it's undeniable that there are songs on which she only switches a sentence or two ("Girl Gone Wild", "Revolver", "Heartbeat" etc.) and others where she is very much the principal songwriter (e.g. a lot of the Hello Suckers re-worked material, "Beat Goes On" etc. etc.)

I'd be inclined to think that with this new album she'll be more heavily involved after the MDNA fiasco.

Guest Rachelle of London

YAWN!!!!!!!

does anyone have any new album info?

I would love if M instagrammed something juicy right now.

I will say this one more time - please keep discussion in this thread about updates and rumours about Madonna's new MUSIC.

I moved all the rest of the posts into another special thread for all you moaners out there. If you want to moan about her promotional strategy, use this thread: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=46223

i can kinda see why jef declined and choose for the safe route. M is so big.. if interscope even asked him it could mean he may be part of a huge group of writers who were asked. slimmer chance. if he was guaranteed to work with her he would have said yes. (that's how i read it anyway) as if he would say yes to brit and say no to M anyway. :rolleyes: he has projects going on with Mika right now. can't blame him. some of the press here are cunts. specifically the demorgen. De Standaard weren't trying to make it into a "jef refuses to work with M" piece ;)http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20140319_01031994%C2'>

I have a strong feeling that Rebel Heart is going to be the first single. And the quote from the pic she posted awhile ago on IG could be a line from the lyrics? :)

Edited by hardcandy25

If Rebel Heart is indeed the album name, then I get keywords such as political, assertive, daring, and passionate springing immediately to mind. :wow:

American Life v2.0

I have a strong feeling that Rebel Heart is going to be the first single. And the quote from the pic she posted awhile ago on IG could be a line from the lyrics? :)

I can see that...

"Looking for Love in all the wrong places! Fear makes you focus......‪#‎rebelheart‬" -Madonna

Guest Loo Eli

If Rebel Heart is indeed the album name, then I get keywords such as political, assertive, daring, and passionate springing immediately to mind. :wow:

American Life v2.0

Not from any of the collaborators we have gotten so far. I don't see it from anyone but her, either.

Guest Not4Pussies

it's pretty obvious now that she is aware some of us like rebelheart. that will be part of the album some way for sure.

MadonnaLike a VirginTrue BlueLike a PrayerEroticaBedtime StoriesRay of LightMusicAmerican LifeConfessions on a Dance FloorHard CandyMDNARebel Heart :wow:

I love it but! :-) I think Rebel Heart is a song, not the album title, I don't think she's so far in the process to already have an album title