New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Maybe she's doing the whole Warrior Queen riding into battle on a horse look?

:dramatic: I can only hope! An armored horse, of course.

FREEDOM FIGHTER

I think we're in store for M's most personal album since American Life.

She seems very inspired, judging by her recent IG posts.

Bring it on!

#RebelHeart

:tigger:

Msig don't you have any news/rumour you want to share with us? :flirt:

I don't know anything that isn't already being discussed :(

Guest Loo Eli

I like everything about it for now, the supposed title, the pic she has just posted and the lyrics ! I love all the vibes i get from this project, it feels really different than the last two eras, don't know why exactly. I know it will be amazing, i'm certain !

But the font changes everything. :) I like her visuals so far except use of Instagram typography that comes across as almost childish bubbliness. Seriously, considering the extent to which it can help create and establish a mood and set the tone for how your work is received seemingly small design features like lettering and color the spacing between letters need to be better evaluated if social media is to be a main promotion vehicle.

Edited by Loo Eli

Do you think her humming will be back? When was the last time she hummed in a song, was it Isaac? I swear nobody does it better than her. It really touches me deep inside every time she does it.

tumblr_inline_mznwbuf5V61s9cy1z.gif

Guest Loo Eli

She uses that font a lot on her Instagram posts. It's just her thing. I'm 99.9% sure this has nothing to do with any sort of artwork.

It may be the normal default and only one the IG app supports. I'm not saying that style will be reflected in the album cover, and to tons of people it doesn't matter anyway.....just to me it conveys a mellow, laid back feel that causes a disconnect with everything else we know about the project.

Edited by Loo Eli

Since she just finished a week in the studio with Avicii just two weeks ago, I can't imagine her being an iTunes exclusive artist the same way Beyonce was with a visual album. If that were the case, then she'd have to have been filming videos like crazy and seeing as the songs aren't even mixed and finalised I just don't see that happening. A new single, for either the new album or a one off kind of thing might be the case. She sure is up to something and it's definately music related and with all the clue's and business going on right now it's bound to come out soon!

If I read the article correctly, the strategy has nothing to do with creating "visual albums," but with itunes exclusives + marketing through itunes (for example, with surprise releases and exclusive content).

So absolutely Madonna could be teaming up with itunes to create appropriate buzz and exclusive content that do not entail 12 videos. Instead, the article mentioned rewarding fans with exclusive content as well as ongoing promo experiences.

I do hope it's Madonna, as I think this kind of build up could really work for her.

Guest Rachelle of London

If I read the article correctly, the strategy has nothing to do with creating "visual albums," but with itunes exclusives + marketing through itunes (for example, with surprise releases and exclusive content).

So absolutely Madonna could be teaming up with itunes to create appropriate buzz and exclusive content that do not entail 12 videos. Instead, the article mentioned rewarding fans with exclusive content as well as ongoing promo experiences.

I do hope it's Madonna, as I think this kind of build up could really work for her.

Yup, whoever the artist is it won't be the same as Beyonces ie a visual album. It will just be exclusive to iTunes beforehand. I think it's genius for Madonna. Look at the amount of presages MDNA had on iTunes.

From Madonnarama

Madonna is teasing lyrics from her upcoming album

Madonna has been using the #rebelheart hashtag a lot recenly on Twitter and Instagram… not without reason!

Madonnarama has learned that Rebel Heart is one of the tracks that was recorded two weeks ago, when she was in the studio with Avicii.

Apparently Madonna holds the song dear to her heart, as it describes her personality as being rebellious and against generally accepted conventions.

“Rebel Heart” is also being considered as the title of her upcoming album!
To be confirmed!

So what would be the difference from the MDNA exclusive preorder? Forgive me, I'm a bit lost! I'm getting so excited! You guys are killing me here!!!

I'm not totally clear either, but off the top of my head:

- MDNA could not be previewed in its entirety before the release date. Many itunes exclusives now allow for complete livestreaming beforehand. It's a way to convince many who are on the fence about purchasing the whole album to just do it.

- MDNA was made available for pre-order two full months before people could actually listen to it. BEYONCE (the album) had no pre-order. It was made available for purchase immediately. Panic, ecstasy ensued. I don't doubt for a moment many people bough the album on impulse, because the core fan base and the media were buzzing about it all at once. Plus, of course, the album was quality.

- MDNA had exclusive itunes content, but it was pretty traditional (a few bonus tracks, a remix). Still, it was more than Madonna had ever done before. By comparison, BEYONCE had 12 videos plus an extra track (I think). This doesn't mean that every new artist doing exclusive promo via itunes would need to make that amount of videos, but perhaps something similar/as exciting.

From Madonnarama

Madonna has been using the #rebelheart hashtag a lot recenly on Twitter and Instagram… not without reason!

Madonnarama has learned that Rebel Heart is one of the tracks that was recorded two weeks ago, when she was in the studio with Avicii.

Apparently Madonna holds the song dear to her heart, as it describes her personality as being rebellious and against generally accepted conventions.

To be confirmed!

:drama:

- MDNA had exclusive itunes content, but it was pretty traditional (a few bonus tracks, a remix). Still, it was more than Madonna had ever done before. By comparison, BEYONCE had 12 videos plus an extra track (I think). This doesn't mean that every new artist doing exclusive promo via itunes would need to make that amount of videos, but perhaps something similar/as exciting.

Well, the Beyoncé album didn't have any iTunes exclusive contents, apart from the entire album being an iTunes exclusive for a week after its release. :)

From Madonnarama

To be confirmed!

nothing new

Guest Rachelle of London

Well, the Beyoncé album didn't have any iTunes exclusive contents, apart from the entire album being an iTunes exclusive for a week after its release. :)

Yeah but one of the tracks isn't available in just the audio formats. So in order to watch it you would need to purchase it via iTunes. I could see M doing a few iTunes only tracks