Madonna Introduces "MDNA Skin" Line

Love Spent

PLEASE. Guy Oseary probably talked her into this.

BDQgX9sCMAAHmoO.jpg

M doesn't strike me as a person who would lend her name to something sensitive (image wise) as skin products without having people do some background checks on product quality. So let's agree to disagree.

Guest Rachelle of London

M doesn't strike me as a person who would lend her name to something sensitive (image wise) as skin products without having people do some background checks on product quality. So let's agree to disagree.

Yup.

I have. But I didn't realise she formulates and compounds her own topical applications. :rotfl: This isn't like picking out favourite ingredients and smells to make a perfume. A skincare line has to have some science and rigour to it, it can't just rely on the authority and name of Madonna. :rotfl:

When did I say she was sitting in her bathroom making her own compounds? I said that with her money and fame and position in life, she has access to the best. Which means she can collaborate with the best (who have access to that research)...or slap her name on it. Either way, doesn't matter. This is clearly a woman who takes after her skin religiously and has access to the best.

As a business woman, if she wants to make money from that with her name, knowledge, and connections...why not.

the girl is very rich. love it. hope she gets even richer. it's funny how some people thinks she gives a shit about record sales anymore. lmao. that is only bringing in pennys compared to her other businesses.

and yet, she has to use other chemicals to look younger.

Sorry, but i'm with Body Shop's funder, who said clearly that everything about creams stopping the ageing process are big fat lies. Creams only help you having your skin more hydrated, and they can correct skin problems that can lead to wrinkles. But really, if there were just a single cream that helps with wrinkles, botox and fillings wouldn't be so popular among really rich people

http://www.abc.net.au/am/stories/s201772.htm

I don't think she's trying to sell some 'magic potion to cancel out aging'. It's a skincare line. If you can see past the PR lines, and if it's truly a well made product with solid research behind it...and if you can sell that as a solid product to people who will buy it...why not? That's business. It's not a bad thing. Don't like it...don't buy it ...... if you can even afford it.

And who said this was only about wrinkles? Only you. Wrinkles...aging... There's nothing wrong with wanting to continue to take care of yourself and look your best no matter what age you are - wrinkles and all!

Sometimes the logic with some of you.... :doh:

How many boys on here are gonna buy this and use it? Just curious.if I had the money I would. But I have a feeling that this line is chemically balanced for female skin.

I don't think she's trying to sell some 'magic potion to cancel out aging'. It's a skincare line. If you can see past the PR lines, and if it's truly a well made product with solid research behind it...and if you can sell that as a solid product to people who will buy it...why not? That's business. It's not a bad thing. Don't like it...don't buy it ...... if you can even afford it.

And who said this was only about wrinkles? Only you. Wrinkles...aging... There's nothing wrong with wanting to continue to take care of yourself and look your best no matter what age you are - wrinkles and all! (…)

:clap:

How many boys on here are gonna buy this and use it? Just curious.if I had the money I would. But I have a feeling that this line is chemically balanced for female skin.

i have extremely sensitive skin so there is no way i would ever use her skincare line

Guest Rachelle of London

And who said this was only about wrinkles? Only you. Wrinkles...aging... There's nothing wrong with wanting to continue to take care of yourself and look your best no matter what age you are - wrinkles and all!

:clap:

ME. can't wait for it to be available in the UK

A luxury brand with those prices should have invested in a rock solid website. Huge blunder and blow to the brand's image to have a non-performing website.

It isn't just that -the branding and artwork surrounding the whole affair is awful -like genuinely awful; looks like it's been done on MS-publisher '98. I work in Marketing and deal with Publishing Houses/Creative Agencies and if someone came to me with something like that I would laugh in their face. This cannot have been someone professional doing this; it just can't.

Sorry to point out something potentially upsetting too, but Madonna isn't look at her best right now -this is not a good time to release a skin care line. At least when she opens a gym you can see that her body is in peak physical condition -I can't see the juvederm death mask she has at the moment selling much face cream to be honest.

Sorry to point out something potentially upsetting too, but Madonna isn't look at her best right now -this is not a good time to release a skin care line. At least when she opens a gym you can see that her body is in peak physical condition -I can't see the juvederm death mask she has at the moment selling much face cream to be honest.

well this is kinda true, I'm shocked nobody mentioned it yet :chuckle:

It isn't just that -the branding and artwork surrounding the whole affair is awful -like genuinely awful; looks like it's been done on MS-publisher '98. I work in Marketing and deal with Publishing Houses/Creative Agencies and if someone came to me with something like that I would laugh in their face. This cannot have been someone professional doing this; it just can't.

You should try out a juvederm death mask! Really works girl

When did I say she was sitting in her bathroom making her own compounds? I said that with her money and fame and position in life, she has access to the best. Which means she can collaborate with the best (who have access to that research)...or slap her name on it. Either way, doesn't matter. This is clearly a woman who takes after her skin religiously and has access to the best.

As a business woman, if she wants to make money from that with her name, knowledge, and connections...why not.

Using the best creams doesn't mean you can manufacture ones just as good. I eat at the finest restaurants every other night, so naturally (not being a chief, just a patron) I can replicate their quality and success if I open up a restaurant. And perhaps I drink a lot of coca-cola too and could bring out my own successful cola drink. :electropop:

This has nothing to do with Madonna having good skin either through genetics (a major reason) or a top beauty regime. It's about the knowledge and authority to bring out a skincare line, which comes from actually knowing something about creating skincare products not just using them.

giphy.gif

Sorry to point out something potentially upsetting too, but Madonna isn't look at her best right now - this is not a good time to release a skin care line. At least when she opens a gym you can see that her body is in peak physical condition -I can't see the juvederm death mask she has at the moment selling much face cream to be honest

applause.gif

What I find interesting is how during the twenties a person uses foundation to even out their complexion, uses makeup in general to bring out their features, shaves their legs, even dyes their hair but when you do anything to improve the look of your face and body after you turn 50 your desperate. In fact everything that they did in their twenties that they do after they turn 50 is all of a sudden "desperate." Even if they have been true to themselves for years by doing what makes them happy.