Suzanne Vega on Madonna (again)

XXL

She really needs to shut up. I know it's her opinion and she's entitled to it blah blah, but every time this desperate has been has got yet another one of her dull-fest albums out, she goes on the promo circuit like the desperate slut she is and then always, always without fail manages to diss Madonna (without even being asked about her directly)

Does this prostitute have a Tweeeter account? I may write her an open letter like Woody Allen's abused daughter did.

Ha WHAT!

https://twitter.com/suzannevega

download3_zps09d25dd5.png

I can't believe this bitch had the NERVE to say Madonna is all about self-promotion, the absolute HYPOCRISY :lmao: :lmao:

Mostly when Madonna barely promoted her last two albums, i fail to see the "self-promotion" here :lmao:

She really needs to shut up. I know it's her opinion and she's entitled to it blah blah, but every time this desperate has been has got yet another one of her dull-fest albums out, she goes on the promo circuit like the desperate slut she is and then always, always without fail manages to diss Madonna (without even being asked about her directly)

Does this prostitute have a Tweeeter account? I may write her an open letter like Woody Allen's abused daughter did.

Ha WHAT!

Go for it. Her jealously and hypocrisy deserve to be called out.

I didnt realise this bird went for the role of Susan in DSS and they said no and gave it to Madonna, thats where all this stems from :lmao:

OMG. Could you seriously imagine this plain bland woman as Susan ?

Come on you guys...I disagree with Suzanne's views about Madonna just as much as you all do, but she's entitled to her opinion...it's silly to call her a fucking bitch or try to drudge up other reasons to hate on her simply because she doesn't like Madonna. After all, It's not like Madonna has never made "reductive" comments about other artists in the press. ;)

God knows, if I felt that everyone who slags off Madonna were assholes I'd have a hell of a lot more enemies than friends in this world! :laugh:

I personally think Suzanne's a very talented songwriter. How many hits she's had or how many records she's sold is irrelevant...to suggest that the value of art should be measured strictly in terms of popularity is a narrow view to say the least. I'm not really interested in her as a personality beyond her music the way that I am with Madonna but I've always enjoyed her albums through the years. Not that I'm saying anyone should necessarily agree with my opinion...I'm just saying let's not become "little monsters" and start crucifying everyone who happens to not be a fan of Madonna fan and doesn't mind saying so. As we all know, there will always be plenty of people around who dislike Madonna - she's a provocative artist and she's always going to rub some people the wrong way. No point in getting upset about it...Madonna isn't.

That's just my two cents...I hope you won't think I'm fucking bitch for sharing it! :laugh:

Cheers! :vogue:

to be in the entertainment world its like u either have to totally sell out or be a true artist

the ones that sell out totally make that deal with the devil....its funny madonna however sold out yet stayed true to her vision and above all else herself.

Another possible grudge Vega has against Madonna is that her boyfriend at the time when Solitude Standing was released was Jon gordon, he also was her guitarist on her records and tour and he's the one who co-wrote and produced Madonna's demos with Camille Barbone...which she never agreed to release, cutting him out of a big benefit if these were released in 1987.

Come on you guys...I disagree with Suzanne's views about Madonna just as much as you all do, but she's entitled to her opinion...it's silly to call her a fucking bitch or try to drudge up other reasons to hate on her simply because she doesn't like Madonna. After all, It's not like Madonna has never made "reductive" comments about other artists in the press. ;)

God knows, if I felt that everyone who slags off Madonna were assholes I'd have a hell of a lot more enemies than friends in this world! :laugh:

I personally think Suzanne's a very talented songwriter. How many hits she's had or how many records she's sold is irrelevant...to suggest that the value of art should be measured strictly in terms of popularity is a narrow view to say the least. I'm not really interested in her as a personality beyond her music the way that I am with Madonna but I've always enjoyed her albums through the years. Not that I'm saying anyone should necessarily agree with my opinion...I'm just saying let's not become "little monsters" and start crucifying everyone who happens to not be a fan of Madonna fan and doesn't mind saying so. As we all know, there will always be plenty of people around who dislike Madonna - she's a provocative artist and she's always going to rub some people the wrong way. No point in getting upset about it...Madonna isn't.

That's just my two cents...I hope you won't think I'm fucking bitch for sharing it! :laugh:

Cheers! :vogue:

+1 I agree. I still love Suzanne's music no matter what she said about Madonna, which is kind of ambiguous anyway. It's not like she said she thinks Madonna is evil and a terrible person. If I like someone's music, I won't stop liking them just because they say something negative about Madonna, but if I don't like someone or their music to begin with, if they say something bad about Madonna, that would sort of confirm my opinion that I was right to not like them.

Another possible grudge Vega has against Madonna is that her boyfriend at the time when Solitude Standing was released was Jon gordon, he also was her guitarist on her records and tour and he's the one who co-wrote and produced Madonna's demos with Camille Barbone...which she never agreed to release, cutting him out of a big benefit if these were released in 1987.

I knew that cUNT was hiding the fact..

such a dried old fucking lesbian biatch..

she had like two hits Luca and Toms Diner (thanks to remix). She's nothing.

She's never really made an effort to have radio hits. She's more of an album artist. All of her albums have been critically well received and done decently on the album charts. She's more like Tori Amos or PJ Harvey. So if she had huge hits, you would approve of what she said about Madonna and then it would be okay?

She's never really made an effort to have radio hits. She's more of an album artist. All of her albums have been critically well received and done decently on the album charts. She's more like Tori Amos or PJ Harvey. So if she had huge hits, you would approve of what she said about Madonna and then it would be okay?

I like you Glinda but please NEVER compare Suzanne Vega to Queen PJ Harvey :)

Why not? I actually enjoy all of Suzanne's albums more than all of Pj's. PJ's was great in the 90's, but her last couple of albums were almost unlistenable to me. Why is PJ the Queen? Just because she's a critic's darling and the media tries to brainwash you that everything she does is a work of genius. Suzanne is quite underrated by critics. I make up my own mind what artists I like and which I don't, thank you very much, which is my right no matter what you or the critics say.

Why not? I actually enjoy all of Suzanne's albums more than all of Pj's. PJ's was great in the 90's, but her last couple of albums were almost unlistenable to me. Why is PJ the Queen? Just because she's a critic's darling and the media tries to brainwash you that everything she does is a work of genius. Suzanne is quite underrated by critics. I make up my own mind what artists I like and which I don't, thank you very much, which is my right no matter what you or the critics say.

I don't mind the critics, i saw every Pj Harvey tours since To Bring you my love, she's my favourite equally with Madonna, the critics loved Let England Shake but i didn't nor did i like the last tour . But Suzanne Vega is just soft rock, you may like her and it's your right, i kinda like some of her stuff but she's not in the same league as PJ Harvey. Suzanne Vega is more like Eddie Brickell or Alanis Morrissette.

I think her music is MOR crap and that's nothing to do with anything she's said about Madonna.

:thumbsup:

I don't mind the critics, i saw every Pj Harvey tours since To Bring you my love, she's my favourite equally with Madonna, the critics loved Let England Shake but i didn't nor did i like the last tour . But Suzanne Vega is just soft rock, you may like her and it's your right, i kinda like some of her stuff but she's not in the same league as PJ Harvey. Suzanne Vega is more like Eddie Brickell or Alanis Morrissette.

She's a lot more artistic than either Eddie or Alanis. I think it's very simplistic to call her soft rock. To me soft rock is something boring and uncreative like Elton John. Suzanne's music has many different elements, folk, electronics as well as some rock oriented elements, as well as really literate interesting lyrics. But unfortunately a lot of people here won't listen to her music, they just hear she say something bad about Madonna and won't give her music a chance and resort to name calling like saying she a bitch. I tend to like most things Madonna does and defend here all the time, but I won't be some brainwashed cult member and not like something anymore whose music I love just because they made one off hand remark about Madonna. I think for myself always. And I doubt Madonna is that bothered about what Suzanne said if she knew about it. And what she said wasn't even that awful given what the tabloids write about Madonna on a daily basis. The tabloids are something to be upset about, but to be all bent out of shape about Suzanne Vega is silly.