New Album Rumours & Discussion

but as someone pointed out,"Trust" was a rejected track from the MDNA sessions.Perhaps Madonna has changed her mind and now wants to put it on the new album?

but as someone pointed out,"Trust" was a rejected track from the MDNA sessions.Perhaps Madonna has changed her mind and now wants to put it on the new album?

Gurl, plz

I do agree that early 2015 is more realistic, but JESUS LADY use your head. I'd almost rather that she waited until fall of 2015 if she's not going to squeeze one out this year. Then again, touring is where the money's at, so maybe she just doesn't see "holiday sales" as something that's important. Although I do think it's more important in terms of legacy (better sales) than $$$.

But I think holiday sales are a mixed bag. It doesn't guarantee that if you release an album in the last quarter of the year that it will do better. Since a lot of albums are released in the fall/holiday season, there is more competition. People do have limited funds and so they may not be able to buy every record even ones they like if they are on a budget. Sometimes albums that are released in the beginning of the year chart higher because there's less competition. Also I really don't think cd's are something people buy for presents because music taste is very personal. I don't buy music for people usually because I don't know for sure if they will like it. And if I know if they are a big fan, they've probably bought it for themselves already. Music is different from clothing, perfume even books is it tends to be something people buy for themselves, not so much as presents for others so the holiday thing is irrelevant unless it's a Christmas holiday themed album.

I was talking to a friend of mine just yesterday who is a professional musician and he said so many people in the music business don't get it and they are still talking about releasing albums. He said no one buys albums and his 10 year old son doesn't even know what a cd is. He says it's all about performing live because that can't be replaced and you can't download it for free. Madonna clearly gets it and accepts how the music business has changed and realizes it's all about performing and giving the audience a good show, not the old school model of albums, standard promotion and videos. Unfortunately, people on this forum are still stuck on the old model. But Madonna has adapted with the changes in the music industry. That's why she's a smart business woman and has stayed on top of the game for so long. You have to adapt to changes in the industry.

^ Well, yes it's true that holiday releases have more competition, and it might be tougher to land a #1 album depending on what else is out at the time. However, it's just a fact that sales are up across the board during the holiday season. Even albums that have been declining for weeks get a huge boost starting on Black Friday. So there's very little chance, if any, that her album would do the same or less than if she released it in the spring.

Ugh. That 10-year-old not knowing what a CD is is absolutely ridiculous. If it's true, it's because your friend keeps his son locked in a basement. When I was 10 I knew was a record was, an 8-track tape, a gramophone, etc. Even my friends who weren't into music at all knew was a god-damn record was. And that was when CDs were the most popular format. Please (not directed at you, but your friend and his "son").

^ Well, yes it's true that holiday releases have more competition, and it might be tougher to land a #1 album depending on what else is out at the time. However, it's just a fact that sales are up across the board during the holiday season. Even albums that have been declining for weeks get a huge boost starting on Black Friday. So there's very little chance, if any, that her album would do the same or less than if she released it in the spring.

Ugh. That 10-year-old not knowing what a CD is is absolutely ridiculous. If it's true, it's because your friend keeps his son locked in a basement. When I was 10 I knew was a record was, an 8-track tape, a gramophone, etc. Even my friends who weren't into music at all knew was a god-damn record was. And that was when CDs were the most popular format. Please (not directed at you, but your friend and his "son").

When you were a 10 year old was awhile ago wasn't it? Cd's were popular then and people still bought them. His son is 10 years old now! Kids now aren't interested in cd's, they listen on ipods to digital and certainly not whole albums, but songs they like. Maybe he was exagerrating, but the point is the younger generation now is just not into albums and cd's and as they grow up albums and selling them is going to become more and more irrelevant. Adapt or die. Madonna is adapting to the new climate, but people on here are still stuck in the 90's model when people still bought albums.

Guest Rachelle of London

I actually think Ms gonna release the album later this year. It might come sooner. I actually wouldn't be surprised that she was writing last year, it's not like she wasn't inspired.

When you were a 10 year old was awhile ago wasn't it? Cd's were popular then and people still bought them. His son is 10 years old now! Kids now aren't interested in cd's, they listen on ipods to digital and certainly not whole albums, but songs they like. Maybe he was exagerrating, but the point is the younger generation now is just not into albums and cd's and as they grow up albums and selling them is going to become more and more irrelevant. Adapt or die. Madonna is adapting to the new climate, but people on here are still stuck in the 90's model when people still bought albums.

No, I get your point. But you missed mine - my point wasn't that I knew what CDs were in the early 90s. My point was that I knew what records were in the early '90s, when they were considered obsolete. There's no excuse not to know what a CD is. His father must have some lying around the house. If not, he must have seen one at Wal-Mart. It's just bizarre. CDs still make up half the music sales in the U.S.

I actually think Ms gonna release the album later this year. It might come sooner. I actually wouldn't be surprised that she was writing last year, it's not like she wasn't inspired.

I feel the exact same way.

Some people have been surprised by this tracklist (even though it's most likely a fake one) because it seems so early for them... as if she started working on new music last week :laugh:

No, I get your point. But you missed mine - my point wasn't that I knew what CDs were in the early 90s. My point was that I knew what records were in the early '90s, when they were considered obsolete. There's no excuse not to know what a CD is. His father must have some lying around the house. If not, he must have seen one at Wal-Mart. It's just bizarre. CDs still make up half the music sales in the U.S.

He was being sarcastic about it. He wasn't being literal. I guess you didn't get the joke. My friend's a funny guy with a dry sarcastic sense of humor. I guess maybe that didn't come across in my post or it's hard to read things on the Internet. Of course, he didn't mean literally his son doesn't know what a cd is.

Guest Not4Pussies

Who knows but I mean she has teased since last fall about new music. Also the last project we had was the secretproject in Sep. I just don't imagine Madonna not being creative and working on something since her last project. Like moe said she is doing it her own way on her own terms. Be patient

I would love for it to come out this yr. but since we don't even know a producer, it seems unlikely.

We're only in early march, that gives her plenty of time.

Also, we don't have to know everything so much early on in the process.

I agree, I am ok with not getting all the info yet. I like the element of surprise and mystery.

Me, too. The Internet does sort of ruin the surprise of what an album will sound like and who the producers and songwriters are that we had in the old days.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree, I am ok with not getting all the info yet. I like the element of surprise and mystery.

Thank you. It's all part of the fun.

Yes, maybe it's time to wrap it up, like some other artists like Bowie or Beyonce have done. Nowadays you buy the album and know everything, it's been like that for the last 10 years. So if Madonna decides to keep it secret and hype it other way than sharing snippets and the cover, i would welcome it.

Oh, remember when she leaked COADF cover??? She was just walking oh so casually with the cover under her arm, hahaha. Now, that's what i call GREAT NTP, hahahaha.

I think she's doin this new under the radar this time.

+1 I believe it's just about finished. I think it will be out be summer. Tour will start sometime this year.

Yes, maybe it's time to wrap it up, like some other artists like Bowie or Beyonce have done. Nowadays you buy the album and know everything, it's been like that for the last 10 years. So if Madonna decides to keep it secret and hype it other way than sharing snippets and the cover, i would welcome it.

Oh, remember when she leaked COADF cover??? She was just walking oh so casually with the cover under her arm, hahaha. Now, that's what i call GREAT NTP, hahahaha.

I don't think pulling a Bowie would work now that Bey's also done it. Bowie hadn't done anything in ten years so it was out of the blue whilst Beyoncé had leaked clips of songs, demos, videos etcetera so there was a lot of anticipation and hype with the live tour. The hype isn't there for M. She needs a fantastic lead single that proves she's still got it otherwise they will ignore her again like either MDNA .

Supposed track listing from NYC, London and LA sessions:

Between the bars

Trust

Yankie boy

Love not lost

Shades

Night record

Long dance

Happy steal

Our park

Give it away

#TRUSTNOBITCH

Madonna: '13'

The brand new album from the Queen of Pop. Release date: 12 November 2014.

Tracklist:

1. Trust

2. Sitting on the Whole World

3. Defying Gravity

4. Dangerous Path

5. On Eagle's Wings

6. First is a Kiss

7. Waving to the Crowd

8. L-U-V

9. Church of Wild Restrictions

10. 13

11. Love on Fire

12. Whore of Babylon

13. Way Back Home

Tracklist:

1. Trust

3. Defying Gravity

4. Dangerous Path

5. On Eagle's Wings

6. First is a Kiss

7. Waving to the Crowd

8. L-U-V

10. 13

11. Love on Fire

12. Whore of Babylon

13. Way Back Home

Our park and Give it away are the lead singles so your track list is off.

Tracklist:

1. Trust

3. Defying Gravity

4. Dangerous Path

5. On Eagle's Wings

6. First is a Kiss

7. Waving to the Crowd

8. L-U-V

10. 13

11. Love on Fire

12. Whore of Babylon

13. Way Back Home

Britney, Don't Do It must be a b-side then. We all know Madonna loves it but Guy forced her to scrap it off Hard Candy.