New Album Rumours & Discussion

The new Pharrell album is brilliant. "Hunter" is the one of the best track i've ever heard.

Yeah,I'm LOVING his new album! "Hunter" should be one of the singles!

Did you notice that he thanks Madonna in the credits? ;)

I actually think "Hunter" is a rather weak song, sounds very similar to the (highly superior) "Upside Down". I also think Pharell is repeating itself with his sounds.

There are some nice tracks on the album though, including the Daft Punk collab.

But honestly though, I can't imagine M singing any of these songs. A Daft Punk collab might work (if she gives their work her own spin), but Pharell? I don't think so...

Yeah,I'm LOVING his new album! "Hunter" should be one of the singles!

Did you notice that he thanks Madonna in the credits? ;)

"Hunter" is the definition of groove. This tracks is a musical orgasm. His album is really solid, at least for people who have groove/rnb/funk music in their DNA and running through their veins !

and no i didn't notice the Madonna credit ! What does he thank her for ?

It's starting to look increasingly more likely that a new album will come out next year. She's not even in the studio yet and we haven't had names thrown about or any proper confirmations (judging by older Genesis Timelines).

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another MDNA/MDNA Tour, Hard Candy/Sticky and Sweet American Life/Reinvention Tour scenario, i.e. album in March/April 2015 and tour in May/June 2015. It seems to be her most consistent album/tour schedule.

And for Madonna everything is about the first single, and when the second one is launched and she's filmed the video, she's ready to work on the tour and let the album go further by itself.

Only with COADF did she change that route.

And for Madonna everything is about the first single, and when the second one is launched and she's filmed the video, she's ready to work on the tour and let the album go further by itself.

Actually she did months of promo and/or videos before starting to work on tour for almost all her albums that had a tour in her career :Like a virgin, True Blue, Like a prayer, Erotica, Music, American Life, COADF , so i'd say she changed her route for HC & MDNA, no the other way around.

What does he thank her for?

He just lists a bunch of people in the 'Thank You' section of his CD booklet.Madonna is one of them ;) He doesn't say exactly why he's thanking her.

It's starting to look increasingly more likely that a new album will come out next year. She's not even in the studio yet and we haven't had names thrown about or any proper confirmations (judging by older Genesis Timelines).

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another MDNA/MDNA Tour, Hard Candy/Sticky and Sweet American Life/Reinvention Tour scenario, i.e. album in March/April 2015 and tour in May/June 2015. It seems to be her most consistent album/tour schedule.

This means that the album and singles won't get the full attention and promotion they deserve.Releasing the album in November makes so much more sense! She did that with COADF and it worked perfectly: plenty of time to promote it before she began tour rehearsals.

He just lists a bunch of people in the 'Thank You' section of his CD booklet.Madonna is one of them ;) He doesn't say exactly why he's thanking her.

Does he mention any other male/female artists?

This means that the album and singles won't get the full attention and promotion they deserve.Releasing the album in November makes so much more sense! She did that with COADF and it worked perfectly: plenty of time to promote it before she began tour rehearsals.

Believe me, there's nothing I want more than that, but I am just being speculative as to whether it would happen.

Let's rewind to 2005 - by the time she was doing Live 8 in July, the album was already done.

I don't think that realistically speaking this would happen this time. We're in March, and she's spoken about 'ideas' for music and potential collaborators but it hasn't happened yet.

I think that since Hard Candy she has established a routine for herself, and this scenario is likely to continue. I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade, just being a bit realistic.

This is how I see it happening:

Feb 2015 - first single

March 2015 - album release

April / May 2015 - tour rehearsals

June 2015 - tour kick off

Believe me, there's nothing I want more than that, but I am just being speculative as to whether it would happen.

Let's rewind to 2005 - by the time she was doing Live 8 in July, the album was already done.

I don't think that realistically speaking this would happen this time. We're in March, and she's spoken about 'ideas' for music and potential collaborators but it hasn't happened yet.

Moe has clearly said she has already recorded some songs for the new album.

I cant remember which interview but MONTHS ago she said she'd already started. The writing is probably done now and she's just playing us off. Moe again said there are songs done. M 'looking for a producer' is lip service, didn't she say 'I cant tell you?' also mp3s working on demos could've been going back and forth for the last year.

I guess what I'm trying to do here really is to coax all those collectors (you know who I'm talking about) who are probably circulating mp3s between themselves in their own little inner circle cliques. Share bitches, share! :wow:

Supposed track listing from NYC, London and LA sessions:

Between the bars

Trust

Yankie boy

Love not lost

Shades

Night record

Long dance

Happy steal

Our park

Give it away

Between the bars

Trust

Yankie boy

Love not lost

Shades

Night record

Long dance

Happy steal

Our park

Give it away

According to what source?

Trust was a track rumoured for MDNA so I'm sceptical already.

So, just to make it clear. BEFORE Madonna finishes the album, do collectors have mp3 with the songs????????? I thought that was wishful thinking, is it true?

I can't imagine Madonna not having absolute control about those mp3...

Didn't she state on Instagram that "2014 will be mine"...or something to that effect?

She must be sure the album will be out this year for her to say that.

I think that was about her breakup with brahim than about a new record

she needs to revert back to the promo route a bit more, I dont think releasing single after single after single is necessary in this day and age but it cant hurt. She should release later this year and maybe tour middle-end of 2015

she needs to revert back to the promo route a bit more, I dont think releasing single after single after single is necessary in this day and age but it cant hurt. She should release later this year and maybe tour middle-end of 2015

I agree. That's what killed the buzz for MDNA. I mean 3-4 singles would be great. iTunes, Youtube, Twitter, tons of media to spread your music and work these days, there's no excuse. :thumbsup:

I do agree that early 2015 is more realistic, but JESUS LADY use your head. I'd almost rather that she waited until fall of 2015 if she's not going to squeeze one out this year. Then again, touring is where the money's at, so maybe she just doesn't see "holiday sales" as something that's important. Although I do think it's more important in terms of legacy (better sales) than $$$.

Forget about Twitter or Facebook, that means nothing. She has more impact doing an interview with Ellen than doing a chat in Facebook. Social nets are so overrated.

It means all these days when you're promoting an album, not for doing a interview.

Does he mention any other male/female artists?

Yeah,he thanks Gwen Stefani,Snoop Dogg,Rihanna,Miley Cyrus (who appears on the album),and numerous other artists.

Between the bars

Trust

Yankie boy

Love not lost

Shades

Night record

Long dance

Happy steal

Our park

Give it away

I love rumored track titles :) Even if these turn out to be fake,I still like it when we get "news" like this,lol