New Album Rumours & Discussion

They have to listen to birthday song over and over again :)

She hates her music apparently, so this would be mandated on their lunch break - if they're lucky that day - while she isn't around.

As someone remarked on here, lucky she doesn't have the masters to her songs because she'd probably have thrown them out in her ROL-era stage of "I can't imagine singing LAV again *eyerolls* *disgusted face*".

I don't know.....I'm just hoping and praying for a really amazing album. Honestly. It's been so long since we've gotten an AMAZING effort. I think Confessions was her last amazing album. Nearly a decade ago. Not knocking Hard Candy (I love it) or MDNA.....but yea.

Give us something amazing Madonna, please. I know you can. Her tours on the other hand have always been AMAZING especially MDNA (it's a masterpiece) but musically I want something epic also.

Is Madonna nasty and cruel or does she simply demand the most out of the people she hires?

And how many behind the scenes things have we seen over the years whether its Madonna making videos or movies or working on her tour. Countless things, and in each and every one Madonna is goofing around, cracking jokes, and acting like a dork by and large. You hardly ever see a wicked witch.

What a cunty bitch she is!

I don't know.....I'm just hoping and praying for a really amazing album. Honestly. It's been so long since we've gotten an AMAZING effort. I think Confessions was her last amazing album. Nearly a decade ago. Not knocking Hard Candy (I love it) or MDNA.....but yea.

Give us something amazing Madonna, please. I know you can. Her tours on the other hand have always been AMAZING especially MDNA (it's a masterpiece) but musically I want something epic also.

Or just give us some low-key heartfelt ballads with honest lyrics and a real production, real instruments, strings and stuff, no more minimal electronic production please, I could care less if it charts or not as long as the production and lyrics have some real substance.

Honestly, bring back classy Madonna, STR Madonna version 2014, classier, more experienced and wiser.

That interview that was posted on the art thread made me realize that she is right: people like her more when she's non-threatening, when she's not nude or trying to look 20 years younger or trying to break social norms. Hence the success of TAB, STR, Evita, Ray of Light, since they were all records where she was not really trying to push any boundaries, just raw Madonna, with no masks, just an honest look into the person that's behind the persona the media has built up.

Give me that, I'm here for a personal album, I'm here for the person, I've had enough of the persona. Let the bad-ass Madonna rest for a bit, shows us some vulnerability, some emotion, remind people that you are indeed human.

That interview that was posted on the art thread made me realize that she is right: people like her more when she's non-threatening, when she's not nude or trying to look 20 years younger or trying to break social norms. Hence the success of TAB, STR, Evita, Ray of Light, since they were all records where she was not really trying to push any boundaries, just raw Madonna, with no masks, just an honest look into the person that's behind the persona the media has built up.

That's true which is why its a total myth when people say she has been around this long because she is controversial. Whenever she pushes buttons or is being political that's when she seems to sell the least amount of records.

That's true which is why its a total myth when people say she has been around this long because she is controversial. Whenever she pushes buttons or is being political that's when she seems to sell the least amount of records.

Yeah and that's exactly when she gets torn to pieces.

Honestly with Hard Candy and MDNA I've felt that M is not that passionate about her music anymore OR she is letting the record companies push her to record trendy commercial stuff. IDK which of those two but that's my personal feeling. You rarely see her excited in interviews discussing her music anymore, not even when she's promoting a new album.

I want to see her excited and invested into whatever music endeavor she pursues next. If she doesn't seem passionate to me about her music it is difficult for me to be passionate about her records as well. I mean, I still buy them but I don't get that much into them since she doesn't seem genuine about them at least to me.

Hard Candy and MDNA are the only M albums I've least gotten into, still like some of the songs especially those that seem honest, but it's not the same as it used to be.

O'h come on. Madonna has always recorded the music she wants to record. When is this constant whining about Hard Candy and MDNA going to end ? Seriously, is she was not passionate about these records, do you really think you would bother singing the songs from them on her tours.

O'h come on. Madonna has always recorded the music she wants to record. When is this constant whining about Hard Candy and MDNA going to end ? Seriously, is she was not passionate about these records, do you really think you would bother singing the songs from them on her tours.

That's my personal opinion. I want to see her discussing her work in depth. I think it may also be due to the lack of outlets that seriously discuss music these days. I mean there's no more Kurt Loder and Billboard has became TMZ, so it could be partly that, but that's my take.

I want passion, I want emotion, substance and promotion. Less scandals, less political discussions and pushing boundaries and more passion & emotion.

That's my personal opinion. I want to see her discussing her work in depth. I think it may also be due to the lack of outlets that seriously discuss music these days. I mean there's no more Kurt Loder and Billboard has became TMZ, so it could be partly that, but that's my take.

I want passion, I want emotion, substance and promotion. Less scandals, less political discussions and pushing boundaries and more passion & emotion.

I know it is your personal opinion and obviously MDNA did not emotionally reach you. However, it truly has some of the most personal lyrics in her songs she has recorded. Also apart from Gang Bang, the songs are not scandalous or political. She actually really lays her emotions bare on several songs on MDNA. Obviously, you see it differently and that is your own view. We all have different ideas about things but I don't think she lacked passion or emotion at all.

Crueldonna! I wonder how she TORTURES her employees? :wow:

Hot! Getting a boner. Anyhow, nothing new. Madonna is paying people and wants it done her way. So to some with their own vision, she comes across as nasty. But it's Madonna's direction and vision that they are there to help create. Not their own.

^dire

I know it is your personal opinion and obviously MDNA did not emotionally reach you. However, it truly has some of the most personal lyrics in her songs she has recorded. Also apart from Gang Bang, the songs are not scandalous or political. She actually really lays her emotions bare on several songs on MDNA. Obviously, you see it differently and that is your own view. We all have different ideas about things but I don't think she lacked passion or emotion at all.

I agree with realityisalways

And about the personal lyrics, I didn't enjoy them so much

It felt like she wrote the lyrics, producers contributed with the dance beat, but it didn't blend in so well

The beat was too dance orientated for such personal lyrics

Too much autotune destroyed the emotion (Best Friend is simply horrible in my opinion)

Love Spent was destroyed too, by the chipmunk vocals, so was Revolver

However, like always, there were moments of brilliance, Falling Free is gorgeous and so is Beautiful Killer

My conclusion is that she teamed up with the wrong producers for her last two albums

With the right producers, Devil, would have been one of the best Madonna ballads ever, but they threw too much in there

I miss the cleanness and the pureness of Ray of Light and even COAD

As I said before I have great expectations from M with this new album

Tell em, Jan! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to say that the breaks between albums continue to feel so long to me, especially when so many other pop bitches are releasing fun, but very commercial music that appeals to the rednecks and 12 year olds.

I think that I was spoiled by Madonna's creative output from 1990 until 2005. She lost some of her magic touch during S and S, but she deserves credit for dancing her ass off on that tour, and showing the world you could look great by working out regularly.

I just want her to release a great album. I don't care if it sells millions, I just want something great. And I know she can deliver. Hard Candy and MDNA has some gems, but overall they are pretty uneven, and they feel like in-between albums.

My wish is for a great album with strong and cohesive visuals. She doesn't have to do a lot of promo is she dislikes it, but a few performances and some magazine covers would be nice - just because I love watching her perform and always appreciate a nice magazine spread with her.

Guest Not4Pussies

I am open to whatever comes. Although I do want two things: for her to challenge herself and experiment more with her music as well as a complete 180 for the next album. We've had three dance albums in a row. It's time for a change.

I am open to whatever comes. Although I do want two things: for her to challenge herself more and experiment more with her music and I want a complete 180 for the next album. Three dance albums in a row. It's time for a change.

Yeah, I agree with this. Dance music is what she is known for, but she is also known for switching it up and I think it's time for the latter.

I am open to whatever comes. Although I do want two things: for her to challenge herself and experiment more with her music as well as a complete 180 for the next album. We've had three dance albums in a row. It's time for a change.

Yeah, I agree with this. Dance music is what she is known for, but she is also known for switching it up and I think it's time for the latter.

Indeed, open to whatever comes. "Three dance albums in a row"…well, Hard Candy was not as much a "dance" album as Confessions and MDNA. Of course the term "dance" is rather open-ended (music = dance), but I get what you're saying. Again, open to whatever comes, but hoping for something I would personally not immediately classify as an electronic dance music album.