Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

Thats a great view.

She sounds soooo much better here than she did on the telecast! I think that it shows she sounds better in an arena setting with the acoustics not when her mic feed is being picked up directly. She was born to play these arena-like shows, that's her thing!

People will grow old and one day, so will the others... why make such a big deal as if its a crime to be old and looked old...?

I've always thought that people who can grow old are the lucky ones because some people die before they reach their halftime mark....some died during birth... so stop the complaining but be grateful that you can live to the age of where u r now...........

Ringo Starr's wife's work doesn't look good, though. But, that's here nor there.

Why didn't she need the cane on the MTV show? Can't imagine she used it just as a fashion statement, as she did look somewhat in pain and mellow. Did a couple of days make that much difference?

Posted on WIcked Gay Blog

I have been trying to put this into words yet find myself so disgusted, angry, and generally disappointed with a segment of the gay communities reaction to the Grammy's that I don't even know where to begin.

Having a blog like Wicked Gay Blog is a blessing to me but with it comes a large audience and some of that audience, although gay, are not the type of people I care to associate myself with. Where I witnessed this most this week, was in the Wicked Gay Blog's Facebook page comments during and after the Grammy's.l

The comments were so nasty I ended up blocking over 100 people from the WGB Facebook page out of disgust. An opinion is one thing, hateful ignorant attacks are just plain bullying.

I stumbled across a blog post today that put into words 100% what I am feeling so I want to share a excerpt but encourage you to read the entire article here.

"I was especially surprised at some of the nasty references to both Madonna and Mary Lambert, two of the co-performers during Same Love. You would never guess that the gay community held these two women in any sort of esteem with gratitude for their support of marriage equality. Mary Lamberts weight was an easy target for some as was Madonnas cosmetic surgery and use of a cane due to a recent foot injury.

By the time Same Love came and went, any excitement I had for the performance had waned due to the sheer ugliness floating through cyberspace towards many folks who have had the communitys back when very few others did. Some of these individuals have done more for gay rights and AIDS awareness than most of us could ever attempt to do in our lifetime.

Most of the folks slinging these comments would, undoubtedly, claim they were just joking around and being witty. You know who else said they were joking around? The cretins who drove Jamey Rodemeyer and Tyler Clementi to suicide. Remind me how we are any better than them? And, no, the likelihood (or lack, thereof) of these celebrities committing suicide in the wake of cyber-bullying does not give people the proverbial green light to eviscerate them via the internet. That line of defense is so weak it would get you laughed off of a 9th grade debate team.

I would also like to point out that a key element in the definition of witty is inventive. None of the comments that I read last night were even remotely inventive. Instead, most were just cruel and shallow and did nothing but further perpetuate unfortunate stereotypes about the gay community." (Full post here.)

Well said Shaun, so very well said and I hope you don't mind that I shared. I am actually going to un-block many of the people who I mentioned above as I really want them to read this.

I am not sure what makes people so cruel but in my experience is a lack of love for themselves. I guess in the end I can't control the negativity that results from having a gay blog but I am grateful in my own life I don't have a single friend that fits the article above. And I am so thankful and blessed for that!

http://www.wickedgay...moment.html?m=1