Madonna and Martin

Guest Pud Whacker

Maybe I'm waxing sentimental, but I'd think if I were Madonna I'd buy the auction.

I'd say of all of her friends she lost from the early days of AIDS, her friendship with him was probably the most profound.

Seeing these pics just reminds me how little regard the public has for her privacy... Yes, it's great to see them, but I'd prefer for her to have them.

I know it sounds histrionic, but it's how I feel.

Maybe I'm waxing sentimental, but I'd think if I were Madonna I'd buy the auction.

I'd say of all of her friends she lost from the early days of AIDS, her friendship with him was probably the most profound.

Seeing these pics just reminds me how little regard the public has for her privacy... Yes, it's great to see them, but I'd prefer for her to have them.

You are such a lovely person and one of the the most thoughtful and informed Madonna fans around.

You are such a lovely person and one of the the most thoughtful and informed Madonna fans around.

Thank you! I love reading your posts and seeing your insight about Madonna's past to present transitions, too.

This thread really did make me feel sad for Madonna. To lose someone so close and to have a kindred spirit not be there anymore is tough and hard to wrap your head around. It hits close to home for me, maybe a little too close.

With Madonna, I've grown up and become a much more compassionate person, her music and understanding, knowing she's survived tragedies in her life and is willing to share them and try to make a positive out of a negative, repeatedly, has helped me understanding the world (and myself) a much more beautiful experience.

Thank you! I love reading your posts and seeing your insight about Madonna's past to present transitions, too.

This thread really did make me feel sad for Madonna. To lose someone so close and to have a kindred spirit not be there anymore is tough and hard to wrap your head around. It hits close to home for me, maybe a little too close.

With Madonna, I've grown up and become a much more compassionate person, her music and understanding, knowing she's survived tragedies in her life and is willing to share them and try to make a positive out of a negative, repeatedly, has helped me understanding the world (and myself) a much more beautiful experience.

It is so refreshing to read about other fans who also get her other side - the vulnerable side. Of course she is a strong person and never plays a victim so is not one but she has been through a lot in her life. Her mother's death when she was only a little child, the aftermath of that and how it changed her entire family life. Then later on being raped and watching close friends die far too young from a cruel and horrible disease.. I also think both of her marriage break-ups were devastating for her. Yet, she never uses these things to gain sympathy and has triumphed over it all. She expresses her sadness and thoughts about things through her music but also sings about celebrating life, the love of dance and positive things too. I am such a fan of how she goes about her life and inspires others to do the same.

This is how I felt when I read the news story earlier this week. Saw the headline and clicked on it ... yeah, it just made me sad, and I thought this before I finished reading the article. Then, at the end, the woman who is running the auction admitted she hopes Madonna hears about it and bids.

I don't know. I shouldn't judge. I don't know enough about Martin and his relationship with his parents. But I do hope that, if they are willing to part with all of this, that some of it finds its way to Madonna. I know we all think most of the time she doesn't look back and all that ... but, it is evident she and Martin had a very deep bond.

(PS - hi, madryan! xo)

tumblr_m92mksFXSk1qkgd2no1_500_0.jpg?ito

Oo! This pic is giving me Gael Garcia Bernal vibes (from Almodovar's Bad Education) ... and also Debi Mazar vibes! Did she know Martin at all?! It's like she could have done the make-up for him in this pic! Haha!

(PS - hi, acko! xoxo)

It is so refreshing to read about other fans who also get her other side - the vulnerable side. Of course she is a strong person and never plays a victim so is not one but she has been through a lot in her life. Her mother's death when she was only a little child, the aftermath of that and how it changed her entire family life. Then later on being raped and watching close friends die far too young from a cruel and horrible disease.. I also think both of her marriage break-ups were devastating for her. Yet, she never uses these things to gain sympathy and has triumphed over it all. She expresses her sadness and thoughts about things through her music but also sings about celebrating life, the love of dance and positive things too. I am such a fan of how she goes about her life and inspires others to do the same.

Bless you, jan! :inlove: xo

im sure its floating about somewhere but deserves its own.

tumblr_mzt8fqNOnS1qlycwjo1_1280.png

delicate.

tumblr_mzt91kchm01qlycwjo1_1280.jpg

beyond.

tumblr_mzta33bpOp1qlycwjo1_250.jpg

the face of Faces.

tumblr_mztk9protS1qls92lo1_500.png

kindred.

The love and respect you have for Madonna is just beyond amazing. To use words like "delicate", "the face of faces", "beyond" and "kindred" shows a care and admiration that makes me feel all :inlove: inside

I love you Pud :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Pud schooled me on Martin back in 2010: http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2010/06/martin-burgoyne.html :wow:

So talented, so young, so sad. I have to remind myself that Madonna really did the impossible, moving ALONE to the big city & eventually making a living off of her art. I wonder how often she thinks back to those early NYC days. Could she have ever imagined what was in store?

Oh, was Basquiat's death AIDS-related? Drugs? I figured yall would know.

Guest Rachelle of London

Pud schooled me on Martin back in 2010: http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2010/06/martin-burgoyne.html :wow:

So talented, so young, so sad. I have to remind myself that Madonna really did the impossible, moving ALONE to the big city & eventually making a living off of her art. I wonder how often she thinks back to those early NYC days. Could she have ever imagined what was in store?

Oh, was Basquiat's death AIDS-related? Drugs? I figured yall would know.

Heroin overdose. He stopped drugs for a while and then went back and died. So sad

Guest Rachelle of London

^ Thanks, boo! Imma educate myself on him. One of my co-workers compared me to Basquiat & I then realized that I knew NOTHING about the man.

Very sad because when he started he was very anti drugs. I could see how Madonna was attracted to him, but we all know that she ain't into that lifestyle.

On Facebook Joey Arias is telling a story about Martin's last days. He wanted to go to the Fiorucci store in New York ( that's where they used to hang out by day.Chris Ciccone used to be a salesman there too) so Madonna brought him there by limo and walked him into the store, she left him there with Joey and left then she came back an hour later and the 3 of them left together. He also confirms that she was there with him in the room when Martin died.

"i remember all this.. i was there..and at the death bed with Madonna.. so sad..." "Joey Arias Madonna brought him to FIORUCCI while it was my last days there...a big limo pulled up and everyone was going crazy.! Madonna was walking him in and MARTIN wanted to hang out with me there... he said it made him FEEL god to see me and be @ FIORUCCI with music and great environment...!! Then she came back an hour later and we all left together...!! oh those times... makes me Happy and SAD, all the beautiful people we lost.... aaaah!!!"

A lot of people (not all) with HIV/AIDS turn to drugs.

Burgoyne didn't turn to drugs and Basquiat didn't have HIV did he? He died of an overdose.

Here's some pics of Basquiat naked by his then girlfriend that just appeared in the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/basquiat-nude-photos_n_4638362.html

and here's some nak

Burgoyne didn't turn to drugs and Basquiat didn't have HIV did he? He died of an overdose.

Here's some pics of Basquiat naked by his then girlfriend that just appeared in the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/basquiat-nude-photos_n_4638362.html

Ohh I don't know I just read the last couple of pages and mustve got them muddled up.

Burgoyne didn't turn to drugs

I don't know about that but I think Christopher Ciccone said in that Madonna book that Burgoyne was into fisting and other weird shit. But that's Christopher's coked out take on things too.

Martin seems like he was a talented artist. Obviously he meant a lot to Madonna.

Guest Rachelle of London

Didn't Chris say that Marty was the one that first introduced him to coke. I assume in bat party lifestyle taking coke was probably tame.