Madonna MIGHT perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards

TearsInHeaven

You are becoming offensive now. This is getting pathetic.

Um this is something she would totally do and I don't find it offensive. She initially wanted to be painted black for hard candy and it was going to be called "black Madonna" and now that she uses more gangsta language projects would reflect the language. Get over your internal racism and your sickening judgements. As Madonna would say judgement is more obscene than anything she would or could pull to provoke.

If she closes it with a new single, MY FEELS

Has anyone ever debut a new single on The Grammys? I don't recall that ever happening. I know Madonna performed a song that wasn't nominated... "Hung Up", but it wasn't the debut of that song. It had already been out for several months.

Was Madonna nominated for MDNA? Out of all the rumors I hope it's a new song she made with Mirwais that will be featured during daft punks performance.

It makes sense, the main business is on touring and she needs to remind people why they should buy tickets for her tours, thats why she did the Superbowl.

not being very familiar with the Grammys, is the opening or the closing performance the more important one? as rumours say she is going to close the show, i wonder if this will make a difference.

Cut to next week either not having M at the Grammys at all or performing with Katy Perry to launch their #artforfreedom collaboration :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember when Mariahs team were upset that Madonna got to open the 2006 show. And Mariah got the closing number. Everyone had already left to go to the bar :lmao:

Hmmm......I've always wondered how the LAV performance would go down with the general public. Even for some of her biggest fans it took some getting used to. The evolution of this performance as the tour progressed was amazing and I think it's one of the most brilliant performances she's ever done. Not sure who she would collab with for this though. Nile playing piano maybe?

I hope it's true! It deserves to be seen by the masses. A friend I coerced into watching MDNA said she should release that version of LAV as a single.

i'd love a between the bars or LAV MDNA sort of performance.. it's so new and different to her to perform this on a music awards show and I can't think of a woman in pop doing a similar performance in the last few years. seems like a very piaf (or dietrich movie) thing to do. I think it's good that people see another side of her. and I think they'll welcome it

Guest bluejean

Can someone tell us the actual origins of the rumor? Why is everyone so quick to believe/hope it's true. This happened last year as well for all those that have conveniently forgotten.

Guest Rachelle of London

Can someone tell us the actual origins of the rumor? Why is everyone so quick to believe/hope it's true. This happened last year as well for all those that have conveniently forgotten.

Party pooper!

What's this rumour going round that she'll perform an MDNA track? :confused:

This rumor appears to be false. It's being widely reported now that she'll be doing "guest vocals" alongside one of the big nominated acts.

Huffington Post is speculating it's one of these:

• Lorde
  • Taylor Swift
  • Macklemore
  • Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons

Macklemore is only one of these that would make sense. (Maybe she's singing the chorus on "This Love?" Would work for the Queen of the Gays.)

I love Lorde, but this pairing seems too weird to work. (What would she do? A "Material Girl" interlude to "Royals?")

Taylor Swift and Imagine Dragons would be horrendous collaborations.

Guest bluejean

This rumor appears to be false. It's being widely reported now that she'll be doing "guest vocals" alongside one of the big nominated acts.

Huffington Post is speculating it's one of these:

• Lorde
  • Taylor Swift
  • Macklemore
  • Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons
Macklemore is only one of these that would make sense. (Maybe she's singing the chorus on "This Love?" Would work for the Queen of the Gays.)

I love Lorde, but this pairing seems too weird to work. (What would she do? A "Material Girl" interlude to "Royals?")

Taylor Swift and Imagine Dragons would be horrendous collaborations.

What about Daft Punk?

I would totally welcome her doing vocals on that Macklemore song. Also, it would be a good chance for Madonna to just sing something nice live for a change on US TV. People can really hear her voice for once.

BUT this doesn't fit in with the theory she hurt herself while rehearsing for it.

don't you mean "same love"?. I'd prefer something with nile rogers but i get that macklemore is "trendy" and "hip" now while also getting critical praise, so..

Yes, "Same Love." Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup:

I don't agree that it's all about being trendy, though. I absolutely love Macklemore's album. Hands down the album of the year, in my opinion.

Also a collaboration with Macklemore on "Same Love" fits well into Madge's "revolution of love."

What about Daft Punk?

I have no particular insight into this. Just posting the speculation I saw on HuffPo.

Guest bluejean

Yes, "Same Love." Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup:

I don't agree that it's all about being trendy, though. I absolutely love Macklemore's album. Hands down the album of the year, in my opinion.

Also a collaboration with Macklemore on "Same Love" fits well into Madge's "revolution of love."

I have no particular insight into this. Just posting the speculation I saw on HuffPo.

Oh I know but I was just wondering. Are Daft Punk even scheduled to perform? Interesting Huff post wouldn't mention them when they seem like the obvious match up.

Oh I know but I was just wondering. Are Daft Punk even scheduled to perform? Interesting Huff post wouldn't mention them when they seem like the obvious match up.

Yes. The Grammys already announced a number of guest stars for the Daft Punk performance -- Nile Rodgers, Pharrell Williams, and Stevie Wonder -- so I doubt Madge is going to make her appearance there.

It is very unlikely that it will be a new track, unfortunately. Madonna's camp has been has far too many leaks for her to have recorded a new track that is ready for public release. We'd have heard about it months ago.

Guest Not4Pussies

Did the LA fucking Times report it last year too? Since many of us keep telling you where the rumor originated from.

Guest Not4Pussies

What about Paul McCartney? He is performing as well. Via satellite from NY. So she doesn't even have to travel. Imagine the introduction. And here comes the billionaires part of our little show.

That's what I'm thinking too. Shouldn't she be in LA already?