Madonna MIGHT perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards

TearsInHeaven

What would she perform with Beyonce though? How would that benefit either party?

I have no idea what they'd perform -- I am not a Beyonce fan. (I can't recall what exactly Beyonce has done since "Single Ladies" and "Halo." That was five years ago or more. I'm sure she did something between then and the surprise album, though.)

How would Beyonce benefit? The same way any performer featuring Madonna will: Publicity.

How would Madonna benefit? Well, I'll just say it -- and the loon brigade will probably flame me for this -- Beyonce has a bigger star today that Madonna is. Madge is a legacy act who's making a killing on the road, but Beyonce is moving far more albums right now. "MDNA" was release during post-Superbowl mania, Bey's new album was a surprise release -- and a quick Google search tells me it's sold more than twice as much as "MDNA" is just one month. Performing with Bey is an easy overture to her big (and still album-buying) fanbase.

Sorry but Beyonce is not a bigget star than Madonna now.

Her surprise album is a huge seller but it'll still only end up selling about 4 million WW when all is said and done. About Hard Candy numbers

Also Beyonce may sell more albums than Madonna at this current point, but Beyonce hasn't had anything resembling a hit song on the Billboard charts since that Gaga duet in 2010

Madonna at least had a minor top 10 hit in 2012

And Madonna sells more concert tickets and grosses way more money than Bey on tour

That's the ultimate definition of "star power".

There's no denying that Madonna is making more money or selling more tickets or that she will forever be super-famous or that she will be seen as a disrupting force in pop culture, something Beyonce is not.

But she's selling fewer albums that concert tickets nowadays. S&S tour sold about as many tickets (3.5m) as "Hard Candy" sold copies (4m), MDNA Tour sold more tickets (2.2m) than "MDNA" did copies (1.2m) -- and the tours did this despite the fact that tickets are far, far more expensive than an album download.

Madonna's fanbase is larger than Beyonce and I'm not denying that. But it Madonna is having trouble moving new material, and Beyonce is not. I'm simply saying that the benefit of a team-up for Madonna would be putting herself in front of many potential new fans who are interested in buying new dance music.

Actually MDNA's worldwide sales are at 1.9 million, with Universal Music confirming sales of 1.8 mil in 2012 alone in their year end reports.

Both M and Bey are huge stars

But by your logic that an artists recent album sales makes them a bigger star it would that in 2012 when Madonna did the Superbowl she was bigger than Beyonce because M's last album Hard Candy at %4 million sold, had sold more than Bey's last album 4, which only sold 2 mil since it's release in 2011.

but Beyonce hasn't had anything resembling a hit song on the Billboard charts since that Gaga duet in 2010

wow, that is so true, went to check wikipedia and her last solo top ten was Sweet Dreams(my only B jam!) in 2009...I don´t follow her career so that was really surprising to know.

Guest bluejean

Well that isn't what I meant. I actually don't think performing with Beyonce would work in Madonna's favour. The public will just turn around and say "Beyonce out sang Madonna" and "Madonna can't sing." Sorry but that's what would happen.

Well that isn't what I meant. I actually don't think performing with Beyonce would work in Madonna's favour. The public will just turn around and say "Beyonce out sang Madonna" and "Madonna can't sing." Sorry but that's what would happen.

Agreed.

Not saying that I want this happen since Bey isn't really my thing -- just wondering aloud if there's a reason the rumors about the two started popping up at the same time mean anything.

wow, that is so true, went to check wikipedia and her last solo top ten was Sweet Dreams(my only B jam!) in 2009...I don´t follow her career so that was really surprising to know.

As it's been said in that Yonka thread, she's way better than her music.

Madonna told Rolling Stone in 2009:

RollingStone: Any ideas you've had that you haven't gone through with because they seemed too extreme?

Madonna: I did a photo shoot with Steven Klein for my last album cover, and I painted my face black, except for red lips and white eyes. It was a play on words. Have you ever heard of the Black Madonna? It has layers of meaning, and for a minute, I thought it would be a fun title for my record. Then I thought, "Twenty-five percent of the world might get this, probably less. It's not worth it." It happens all the time, because my references are usually off the Richter scale. That's why I have people like Guy [Oseary, her manager] in my life who look at me and go, "No, you are not doing that."

So Madonna posting disnigga online is all Guy O'seary's fault! If he wasn't BUSY managing U2 too he could've STOPPED this! :lmao::crazy: Hey photo leakers, make those Black Madonna LEAK pronto! :popcorn2:rustie2.gif

Black Madonna would have been a great cover. A classic iconic by now.

Guest Rachelle of London

It would benefit both artists to perform with each other. Beyoncé would be working with Madonna. Another legend to add to her roster. It would generate a lot of publicity.

For Madonna it would introduce her to a lot of different fans, especially younger ones In the USA. I know when Madonna went to the Beyoncé show and there was all this gossip about Madonna and bey working together Beyoncé fans were really taking note of Madonna. In one of the main Beyoncé forums the Madonna section was busier than the Rihanna and Gaga ones. A lot of love was being shown for Madonna and what a legend she is.

All publicity is good publicity. If it is indeed Beyoncé then it would be amazing to see what they come up with.

Theoretically, I'd love to see my two favorite divas together but I can't imagine what/how they'd perform together. Their styles are too different and I just don't think they'd mesh well.

Guest Rachelle of London

Theoretically, I'd love to see my two favorite divas together but I can't imagine what/how they'd perform together. Their styles are too different and I just don't think they'd mesh well.

Haunted. I can so see Madonna singing that.

Well, who doesn't want to see TWO GODS performing TOGETHER??? :wow:

I don't.

I have absolutely no interest to see Madonna perform with Beyonce. How can someone call Beyonce GOD is beyond me.

Guest Rachelle of London

Or coming out on stage in rollerblades performing a Blow Sorry mashup! Please don't say you're sorry! tear that cherry out!

OMG hahahah!

I want Iraqi Terror Bride in pink!

Seriously though (even though I would in fact love that), IF she performs at the Grammy's and it has to be a collab/guest vocal, I'd pick Paul McCartney. He's the only one worthy.

Wouldn't mind Daft Punk either cuz it would seemingly signal a new album.

Katy Perry. NO, JUST NO.

Black Madonna would have been a great cover. A classic iconic by now.

Agreed, unless it's anything like that pic on Pud's website, which I think ain't her. I wanna see that photoshoot.

It would benefit both artists to perform with each other. Beyoncé would be working with Madonna. Another legend to add to her roster. It would generate a lot of publicity.

For Madonna it would introduce her to a lot of different fans, especially younger ones In the USA. I know when Madonna went to the Beyoncé show and there was all this gossip about Madonna and bey working together Beyoncé fans were really taking note of Madonna. In one of the main Beyoncé forums the Madonna section was busier than the Rihanna and Gaga ones. A lot of love was being shown for Madonna and what a legend she is.

All publicity is good publicity. If it is indeed Beyoncé then it would be amazing to see what they come up with.

Does Beounce have a lot of young fans? Are they straight or mostly gay?

Im not so sure all pub is good thou..like the recent nigga one.

I don't.

I have absolutely no interest to see Madonna perform with Beyonce. How can someone call Beyonce GOD is beyond me.

It's okay, dear. You just haven't seen the light yet, that's all. Eventually, the mighty power of Beysus will reach you as well and your mind will be embraced by the enlightenment, opening your eyes to the lord and savior which is Beysus. Sooner or later, GOD will find his way to you.

beyonce_gif.gif?w=460

I want Iraqi Terror Bride in pink!

Seriously though (even though I would in fact love that), IF she performs at the Grammy's and it has to be a collab/guest vocal, I'd pick Paul McCartney. He's the only one worthy.

Wouldn't mind Daft Punk either cuz it would seemingly signal a new album.

Katy Perry. NO, JUST NO.

Agree. Though this runs the risk of solidly relegating Madonna to the oldies group

It's okay, dear. You just haven't seen the light yet, that's all. Eventually, the mighty power of Beysus will reach you as well and your mind will be embraced by the enlightenment, opening your eyes to the lord and savior which is Beysus. Sooner or later, GOD will find his way to you.

beyonce_gif.gif?w=460

unlike you, I don't believe in God and I think religion stinks, sorry.

unlike you, I don't believe in God and I think religion stinks, sorry.

Believing in Beysus is not believing in a religion. Beysus is far more than that. Beysus is the life, the earth, the universe. The centre of space and time. Everything starts and ends with Beysus. Embracing Beysus is embracing reality and the purity of perfection.