Ok, DWT is so great, and people have to get a grip

karbatal

DWT is the best live pop show ever by a female singer.

...in your opinion.

It's a great show but she's done better before and since. But that's my opinion so we can agree on disagreeing.

...in your opinion.

It's a great show but she's done better before and since. But that's my opinion so we can agree on disagreeing.

not our problem if your taste are shit

If your taste IS shit. If you want to insult someone based on their opinion, you should try to use correct grammar.

:lol:

when you'll speak (or try to speak) more than one language, come back to me, baby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DWT was great BUT not as great as others...obviously...looking back at the DVD, she isn't as comfortable on stage in the first half of the show...she seems as if not having that much fun.

splitting hairs tho

DWT was great BUT not as great as others...obviously...looking back at the DVD, she isn't as comfortable on stage in the first half of the show...she seems as if not having that much fun.

splitting hairs tho

She's staying in character. It's a theatrical show.

Guest Pud Whacker

My least favourite. Madonna got away with putting on an average show because she hadn't toured in 8 years. People were dying to see Madonna on stage again. If Madonna had done DWT #2 when doing RIT, it would have been a massive flop. A lot of people were uimpressed with DWT and even Madonna said that she had "pulled her head out of her ass" when doing RIT.

"

Average?

BAN

I really hate that I missed seeing DWT live. I probably would like it more too. I go off the DVD/HBO performance.

Yes. It was a "have to be there" type of thing. Just to experience the brilliance of Sky Fits Heaven from the audience was incredible.

The show for the HBO broadcast was better edited than the official release imo.

DWT more than any of her tours suffers in the transition from stage to screen imo. Doesn't capture the feel, excitement or energy at all, and as superficial as it sounds, I still can't get over that skeletor with a mullet look she was rocking that particular night.

DWT more than any of her tours suffers in the transition from stage to screen imo. Doesn't capture the feel, excitement or energy at all, and as superficial as it sounds, I still can't get over that skeletor with a mullet look she was rocking that particular night.

Ugh! That hair!! Lol I saw her in NYC a month before the broadcast and her hair was perfect.

Btw, I uploaded a mp4 video of the HBO broadcast I ripped from my VHS copy of the show for Emmy nom submission:-)

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/a0nz8d

Ugh! That hair!! Lol I saw her in NYC a month before the broadcast and her hair was perfect.

It's always annoyed me. I mean, even the first Detroit date the night before for the back-up HBO taping was so much better. These press pics are from that night. I kinda wish they'd put that one out on DVD instead but oh well.

1zx5nwo.jpg

Btw, I uploaded a mp4 video of the HBO broadcast I ripped from my VHS copy of the show for Emmy nom submission:-)

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/a0nz8d

How fabulous. Thanks my darling. I'll download that later. I haven't seen that version in years. I never liked that blurry filter they added on the DVD either.

I sound like I'm constantly moaning these days... but again....oh well :rotfl:

Thank you so much for this!!

I didn't get to go to DWT, but I never understood all the comments from people who said it didn't capture the live experience. I've always thought it was perfection from start to finish. Don't even mind her hair/lack of eyebrows lol