Ok, DWT is so great, and people have to get a grip

karbatal

Its a good show, but I can see why casual fans probably don't like it along with some hardcore fans.

I mean compared to the shows she is putting on now it just doesn't compare in my opinion.

Its a good show, but I can see why casual fans probably don't like it along with some hardcore fans.

I mean compared to the shows she is putting on now it just doesn't compare in my opinion.

Agreed. I watched MDNA a few nights ago, and when it was over I said to myself, "that was probably the best tour she's ever done." I never felt the urge to hit the "skip" button. In fact, I found myself kicking my feet up with excitement for the last 20 minutes :lol: I couldn't contain myself!

I will say it was a ballsy show though in terms of the set list.

I mean this was her return to touring after a huge break and she took a risk by alienating a lot of people by only putting 2 songs from the 80s on the set list. It could have backfired big time with casual fans and hurt attendance as the tour rolled on, but it was still a huge sell out success.

Bill, you are so lucky to have witnessed You'll See live... I adore that song! :inlove:

Don't I know it. It was such a thrill. It was amazing enough to see it live, my very favorite song of all, but to not even know it was coming made it that much better.

Industry punk?

Anyway, DWT is madonnas tour. Its not for casual fans, and thats why it stands out as her most ambitious tour artistically and musically.

RIT was a great followup tour to please the casual fans.

I will say it was a ballsy show though in terms of the set list.

I mean this was her return to touring after a huge break and she took a risk by alienating a lot of people by only putting 2 songs from the 80s on the set list. It could have backfired big time with casual fans and hurt attendance as the tour rolled on, but it was still a huge sell out success

Power of Madonna :fag: And the fact that she's so consistently damn good at making choices, Even when she's in a self-indulgent mood artistically speaking she goes out of her way to make sure it will blow your mind

Still my fave.

madonna_drowned.jpg

mayami_11.jpg

mayami_04.jpg

mayami_13.jpg

woshington_02.jpg

paris_05.jpg

berlin_03.jpg

boston_03.jpg

spain_01.jpg

Goddess

RIT, DWT etc they're all outstanding to be honest and they're all different from each other which makes the whole thing even more admirable and enjoyable

My least favourite. Madonna got away with putting on an average show because she hadn't toured in 8 years. People were dying to see Madonna on stage again. If Madonna had done DWT #2 when doing RIT, it would have been a massive flop. A lot of people were uimpressed with DWT and even Madonna said that she had "pulled her head out of her ass" when doing RIT.
"

• 3 months later...

2h83ggh.jpg

2pqoth3.jpg

2qk6mfs.jpg

The punk outfit with that particular striped shirt was LIFE. Should've worn that shirt for the DVD and the rest of the tour.

It's great! I just think it's sad she skipped some of the best songs from Ray of Light in favor of some of the weak tracks.

She could've left out songs like Nobody's Perfect, The Funny Song and either Gone or I Deserve It.

Imo the setlist should've been something like this:

1. Drowned World/Substitute for Love
  2. Impressive Instant
  3. Candy Perfume Girl
  4. Swim
  5. Ray of Light
  6. Paradise (Not for Me) – Interlude
  7. Frozen
  8. Skin
  9. Bedtime Story
  10. Nothing Really Matters
  11. Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven/Mer Girl
  12. Runaway Lover – Interlude
  13. Amazing
  14. Don't Tell Me
  15. Human Nature
  16. I Deserve It
  17. Secret
  18. The Power of Good-Bye / Take a Bow / You'll See (all played on different ocassions)
  19. Don't Cry for Me Argentina – Interlude
  20. Lo Que Siente La Mujer
  21. La Isla Bonita
  22. Holiday
  23. Music

I grew to like this show - it remained my least favorite for a long time, mostly because of that Frozen version (which I still don't like to this day, the "hoo ha" thing ruins it all for me)

But I now absolutely love the rest - especially the first segment and everything from Lo que siente la mujer onwards. Brilliant.

It's great! I just think it's sad she skipped some of the best songs from Ray of Light in favor of some of the weak tracks.

She could've left out songs like Nobody's Perfect, The Funny Song and either Gone or I Deserve It.

Imo the setlist should've been something like this:

• Drowned World/Substitute for Love
  • Impressive Instant
  • Candy Perfume Girl
  • Swim
  • Ray of Light
  • Paradise (Not for Me) Interlude
  • Frozen
  • Skin
  • Bedtime Story
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven/Mer Girl
  • Runaway Lover Interlude
  • Amazing
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Human Nature
  • I Deserve It
  • Secret
  • The Power of Good-Bye / Take a Bow / You'll See (all played on different ocassions)
  • Don't Cry for Me Argentina Interlude
  • Lo Que Siente La Mujer
  • La Isla Bonita
  • Holiday
  • Music
I luv u

But no

• 2 weeks later...

Amen!

DWT is still my favorite tour of hers, followed closely by MDNA. I love everything about it. The setlist is perfection the theatricality of it all is just flawless. Besides, it was my first Madonna concert and everyone LOVED her at that moment, it was her grand return to the stage. I love it to pieces...

I agree with all points. I didnt see MDNA but it looked like her best tour to date I would follow it with DWT.

I grew to like this show - it remained my least favorite for a long time, mostly because of that Frozen version (which I still don't like to this day, the "hoo ha" thing ruins it all for me)

But I now absolutely love the rest - especially the first segment and everything from Lo que siente la mujer onwards. Brilliant.

Interesting... for me Frozen on DWT is the best version ever... this look is absolutely beautiful and she sounds amazing...

frozen4.jpg

I know i posted this before but its spot on. the NME review of DWT live in London.

".. a culture vulture par excellence, Madonna has always fuelled her mainstream pop with an avant garde sensibility, but Drowned World pushes that sensibility right in your face. Its a tribute to her incredible graft, magnetic appeal and, above all, her supreme ability at making pop music that this show is not taking place in a little art gallery on the Lower East Side, but at a sold out enormodomes around the world, the latest being a 15,000 capacity Earls Court.

And art is what it is - the choreography alone leaves any other pop show in the dust. "

read the whole thing here.. http://www.nme.com/reviews/madonna/5359

I know i posted this before but its spot on. the NME review of DWT live in London.

".. a culture vulture par excellence, Madonna has always fuelled her mainstream pop with an avant garde sensibility, but Drowned World pushes that sensibility right in your face. Its a tribute to her incredible graft, magnetic appeal and, above all, her supreme ability at making pop music that this show is not taking place in a little art gallery on the Lower East Side, but at a sold out enormodomes around the world, the latest being a 15,000 capacity Earls Court.

And art is what it is - the choreography alone leaves any other pop show in the dust. "

read the whole thing here.. http://www.nme.com/reviews/madonna/5359

this performance is one of her best ever I think.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: