2. MDNA

3. Drowned World

4. Girlie Show

5. Confessions

6. Sticky & Sweet

7. Who's That Girl

8. Re-Invention

9. Virgin

Nobody will ever forget RIT! Not even Madonna herself!

Madonna-celebrating-her-55th-birthday-in

Something like the first section and third section (without the outfit) for the next tour pls! MDNA, despite being holy, only had one really intimate performance. And some acoustic stuff would be nice as well.

But anyway, all hail RIT! (but, as Suedehead has said, let's face it - all her tours are amazing!)

I think it sucked for some people because it was the first "new" Madonna concert. Until then, all Madonna concerts had been classic ones: greatest hits and new songs. But with DWT Madonna decided to get rid of her back catalogue. That's why some people were distressed (I don't mean you Kim, but in general).

I became a fan in early 1998 and when the DWT set list was revealed i was very happy to find Gone, Nobody's perfect, I deserve it, Sky fits heaven and Mer girl included. I really didn't care about the oldies.

This is SO awesome.

It's very hard to fairly say which tour is her best (I wasn't a 13yo gay guy when Blonde Ambition came out, for example), but this is certainly an incredible and CREDIBLE show.

The first I ever watched -randomly, on HBO, late one saturday night- and by far my personal favorite.

Oh Paula....

I was in the Barcelona concert and it was BEYOND magic, we were all crazy. Singing all the time, humping with the feet on the floor after La Isla Bonita, making LOADS of noise, and Madonna looking at her crew so surprised! She was so nervous during the first song, she was shaking!

Ppl were desperate for Madonna Live after all those years since GS, real fans would have loved those first concerts no matter what. If she were to go on a DWT-esque jaunt next summer, you'd be first in line to criticise Karbs...not that you would actually bother to buy a ticket anyway.....

Burn! hahaha.

Well, if next album is a good one, i will go to the concert. But MDNA left me cold and after the HC/ S&S fiasco i decided to stay home. But i would be thrilled with something like DWT! How couldn't i if Kylie had tried to do DWT for the last 10 years? :chuckle:

Ppl were desperate for Madonna Live after all those years since GS, real fans would have loved those first concerts no matter what. If she were to go on a DWT-esque jaunt next summer, you'd be first in line to criticise Karbs...not that you would actually bother to buy a ticket anyway.....

Exactly!

MDNA was theatrical enough and people complained about it. DWT was way more theatrical and dark

In fact it was boring as hell

I've always loved DWT and geisha section is hands-down the best part. I've made no secret that imo Paradise is a masterpiece and one of her BEST videos ever. It wasn't until I came online and starting reading other fan comments that I discovered some don't like DWT. I was flabbergasted. RIT is wonderful too. All her tours have stunning moments; none of them flat out suck or can even be classified as "bad."

Well bitch you missed out by skipping the majestic MDNA Tour. As for kylie, copying that putrid sticky&sweet tour is probably more up her alley.

I love how you much love to hate S&S. Your Tour Questionnaire answers were brilliant. S&S "won" in every single Worst category. :lmao:

Agree all of M tours have been very good to excellent. There have been so many bad/mediocre tours from other great artists & fans have been fortunate enough not to have to experience a tour that is completely dreadful.

Of course they're all excellent. I mean, some of us here like to bitch about the likes of Reinvention (that would be) or S&S (hi Kim!) and some people are not huge fans of the artsiness of DWT or whatever but at the end of the day all these are amazing concert tours by any standard that could never have been conceived let alone performed by any of her contemporaries and peers.

One of my favorite tours, even my number one depending on the mood I'm in.

The only thing I don't like is that since it's quite old now, it looks technologically outdated.

If she did it nowadays it would be the unquestionable greatest thing ever achieved in the history of humankind.

Well, no, but kind of.

I love how you much love to hate S&S. Your Tour Questionnaire answers were brilliant. S&S "won" in every single Worst category. :lmao:

I can't even say the name of that horrible mid-life crisis tour without wincing. But even I must admit the general blandness of RIT's costumes and the plain hideousness of DWT's hair n make-up so it wasn't a clean sweep unfortunately.

DWT revolutionized the entire music industry. Never before had a show been presented like this. You can see elements of DWT in other performer's to this day, most notably Kylie whose Fever Tour took many elements of DWT and watered them down consuderably. Then after Madonna embarked on a greatest hits tour in '04 so did Kylie in '05 with Showgirl.

Back to DWT, it really was spectacular and very special back in 2001. She was the first artist to have filmed interludes and video screens which then set the benchmark for everybody else. I was speechless when I first saw it. It was so well done and executed that I didn't even notice the lack of hits and like someone else said in an earlier post, most people knew all the words to the non single album tracks as the two records she gleaned them from were amazingly successl. She knew she would get away with it and good on her for taking the risk.

DWT, at the time, was a brilliant presentation. Seeing it in person, after waiting 8 years since GS, was incredible. Being in the third row, the surprise of "You'll See", the kick ass performance of "Music"... it blew me away. ROL and Music albums were still fresh then, so the fact that the tour centered around them was okay.

Over time, with each viewing, I found myself skipping more and more songs. Now, on the rare occasion that I watch it, there are probably only about 5 or 6 songs that I can sit through. I hate to say it, but it's probably my least favorite tour. Other than the spectacular visuals of Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven, and again the energy of Music, I think it's rather boring and, in retrospect, she probably could have farted into the microphone for 2 hours and I would loved it, simply because I was stanning so badly for a Madonna concert.

I saw it both nights in Philly. The first night, the energy was incredible because, as I mentioned, I was in the 3rd row. The second night, I was mid-level, off to the side, and the people around me seemed bored. I could sense that they were wondering where all the hits were. It seemed as if it was just one song after another that they didn't recognize. They were sitting through most of it (I think the only time we stood was for Music). I swear half the arena decided to take a piss during Nobody's Perfect.

Don't hate me!!

What I DON'T get is all the hate for RIT!!! What's up with that? I had SO MUCH FUN during that concert. First of all, the opening - Beast Within - WOW! Then this:

rit_madonna1big.jpg

I really loved hearing all the classics, and I also happened to be obsessed with the AL album, so this really was the perfect tour, for me. I can understand and appreciate the fact that she likes to focus on her current work, or her own personal favorite and usually lesser known (to the general public) songs, but I like to have fun when I see a concert, and seeing everyone dancing and singing and cheering along is a big part of that fun. That's not to say I think every tour should be a greatest hits experience, because some of her best performances have been the album tracks, but I f-ing loved RIT and I think we need another one like that soon.

DWT, at the time, was a brilliant presentation. Seeing it in person, after waiting 8 years since GS, was incredible. Being in the third row, the surprise of "You'll See", the kick ass performance of "Music"... it blew me away. ROL and Music albums were still fresh then, so the fact that the tour centered around them was okay.

Over time, with each viewing, I found myself skipping more and more songs. Now, on the rare occasion that I watch it, there are probably only about 5 or 6 songs that I can sit through. I hate to say it, but it's probably my least favorite tour. Other than the spectacular visuals of Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven, and again the energy of Music, I think it's rather boring and, in retrospect, she probably could have farted into the microphone for 2 hours and I would loved it, simply because I was stanning so badly for a Madonna concert.

I saw it both nights in Philly. The first night, the energy was incredible because, as I mentioned, I was in the 3rd row. The second night, I was mid-level, off to the side, and the people around me seemed bored. I could sense that they were wondering where all the hits were. It seemed as if it was just one song after another that they didn't recognize. They were sitting through most of it (I think the only time we stood was for Music). I swear half the arena decided to take a piss during Nobody's Perfect.

Don't hate me!!

What I DON'T get is all the hate for RIT!!! What's up with that? I had SO MUCH FUN during that concert. First of all, the opening - Beast Within - WOW! Then this:

rit_madonna1big.jpg

I really loved hearing all the classics, and I also happened to be obsessed with the AL album, so this really was the perfect tour, for me. I can understand and appreciate the fact that she likes to focus on her current work, or her own personal and usually lesser known (to the general public) songs, but I like to have fun when I see a concert, and seeing everyone dancing and singing and cheering along is a big part of that fun. That's not to say I think every tour should be a greatest hits experience, because some of her best performances have been the album tracks, but I f-ing loved RIT and I think we need another one like that soon.

I love you :smooch: