Do you guys have any idea how innapropriate Madonna is, no really

acko

In the eyes of the public...

I nearly spat out my lunch 2day when some 28 y.o. straight male co-worker

told me Madonna keeps wearing clothes that are 2 tight 4 her age...really, it's

inappropriate.

He was so polite & respectful about it, I just couldn't help but laugh :lmao:

I just told him she's always been been inappropriate, like Jesus in his time.

Therefore she can do whatever the fuck she wants :lol:

Really, I kinda 4got...cuz I always think of the Sex era when people express

opinions like that, but it's very much alive 2day. :fag:

Put some clothes on Madonna :rotfl:

That's just it though, "dressing/acting your age" is a social construct. What does it even mean? A lot of people find fault with Madonna because she's not, and never has been "appropriately feminine." She's feminine/masculine, vulgar, sexual, exciting....all things a woman shouldn't be. But that's what makes Madonna, Madonna! She never listens to anyone but herself and does not give a crap what other people think or say. That's why she rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But always remember that even though there are a lot of people who hate Madonna, there are a lot more who love her!

inappropriate.

:rotfl:

That's just it though, "dressing/acting your age" is a social construct. What does it even mean? A lot of people find fault with Madonna because she's not, and never has been "appropriately feminine." She's feminine/masculine, vulgar, sexual, exciting....all things a woman shouldn't be. But that's what makes Madonna, Madonna! She never listens to anyone but herself and does not give a crap what other people think or say. That's why she rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But always remember that even though there are a lot of people who hate Madonna, there are a lot more who love her!

amen.gif

By society's standards, Madonna IS "inappropriate".... and that's why we love her.

She defies every social construction. She lives her life and expresses herself on her own terms. People who can't see that or understand that are simply plugged into the system too tightly.

Some journalists and people online were very critical of M for exposing her ass during the last tour. It's really interesting that we have been seeing more pop stars take off so much clothing and behaving "inappropriately" while performing.

Guest bluejean

Yes I did know. The most surprising part is I hear gays and even gays that are/were casual or fairly big fans saying the same thing. It's general consensus. People are still very conservative and have a very set idea of what is "right" and "wrong" which has been brainwashed into them by society and the media.

I have a gay male friend who, around the time Confessions was released on DVD, said Madonna needed to "hang up those leotards" and basically dress more age-appropriate. I asked him why and he said something, "I don't want to see all that." I was like, yeah let's see what you look like at 50. And that was seven years ago. I wonder what he thinks now.

I am more surprised that people actually waste their time caring.

I always say I can't wait for young people to get old. No one can stop the process entirely. How do you think it would feel to tell yourself every day, "I am no longer attractive or desirable because I am not young and perfect"? Should everyone just shrivel up and stop feeling like a sexual being after 40?

It's her body and it looks great. She can fuck/dress/flash as much inappropriate shit as she wants if it keeps her happy and feeling alive. It's her body and her life to live, not theirs. They can grow up and dress conservatively and let dust collect in their vaginas and asses if they want. She didn't choose that road. Get over it.

inappropriate.

your str8 friend is obsessed with M. Maybe he isn't str8 after all? You can never be too str8

Guest Xanthium

The reason it doesn't make sense when people criticize Madonna for dressing "inappropriately" is because such comments are for older women who actually DON'T look good and their bodies have gone to pot. Madonna looks FANTASTIC so saying she should dress her age doesn't work because she doesn't look like the average 55 year old. She looks better than most women half her age. So I say keep rocking that body until the body goes to pot. Then she can start dressing like Hilary Clinton :lol:

I think Madonna has been quite influential in how people think about age. Remember when she hit 40? People were going on about it like it was the end of the world and she wouldn't be able to be successful or carry on doing what she was doing. Now, 15 years later, it's no big deal when pop stars or actors turn 40. I'm sure eventually we'll think about turning 50 differently thanks to people like Madonna, especially as people start living longer.

I'm here for Grandonna and her eternally exposed puss

The raunchier, the better, cobwebs & all :wow:

Yes I know

As Tracey once said: "Madonna is a grande fica"

So she can act as she pleases for as long as she wants

Tracey-Emin-and-Madonna-Roc.jpg

She did appropriate and it was boring as fuck.

madonna12.jpg

I want more titty flashing, grinding and cougar behavior.

Yes, it's much preferable to the children's book author/wifey days, and I'm all for how she's been dressing lately. It's sort of "fuck you" to those who say a woman her age shouldn't dress that way. But there's obviously a middle ground. Like the ROL/Music era. She was sexy, but mature and not "sleazy" or over the top. But she obviously has something to prove and in the long run might be praised for what she's doing today, so more power to her.

P.S. How fucking cute was Rocco then?