I have come to love the album version of...this much-maligned song

Crystal Coffin

Listen to the album on loud speakers or surround sound then listen to MDNA. You'll know what I mean. As for HC, i think only the Timbaland tracks are not mastered that well.

Yeah especially Voices. I hated that ending.

American Life and GMAYL are my least favourite madonna songs of all time.

It's not only that I dislike their melody but their message too.

The AL message I can understand, but GMAYL?!?! What in the world is wrong with the message of that song?? :lol:

love the song and AL the album is my favorite. it was so far ahead of its time and yet people understood it years later.

the original video was so Madonna and i was so disappointed when she decided to pull it off :(

The AL message I can understand, but GMAYL?!?! What in the world is wrong with the message of that song?? :lol:

GMAYL didn't really have much of a message, it was more of a reason to cheerlead @ the Super Bowl.

I didn't like the AL message for many reasons, first of all I'm really not interested in the American Life, at all :-) :-) I'm in love with Europe... and second I think she has lived the American Dream to the fullest, so why complain about it 25 years after you've achieved everything you wanted and more, just man up Madge! :-)

I understand the message of Hollywood though, that one makes sense, even though I didn't like the song very much

Nothing Fails & Love Profusion were cute though, and of course Mother & Father I love ( without the rap )

I hope the next lead single will be something big like Hung Up, Like A Prayer or Frozen!

One of my favorites. That whole album is.

And the original video IS pure Madonna.

It was all ahead of it's time. I mean, look where we are now.....

Precisely! Who else would show images of children injured in war zones right before a Operation Shock and Awe. It doesn't matter if the timing was inappropriate - blah blah - things like that need to be seen. The message was about viewing war as a form of popular entertainment.

The good thing about the song is that it doesn't try to be "nice". It sounds experimental and I have to say, listening to it today, that it doesn't sound like anything coming before or after.

AL and DAD makes me want to start a R E V O L U T I O N

Same here! This song is AWESOME, one of my favorites.

I loved American Life with a passion when it came out, but it was really hard for me to enjoy it because of all the negativity surrounding it. I'm older now and I don't give a fuck what others think.