Admit to loving songs that most Madonna fans seem to hate

Jazzy Jan

I was reading the choices in Ciccone's Cheeks's great thread about Madonna's under-rated songs. I was not sure if these would be considered under-rated but want to admit to loving some songs that most Madonna fans on forums seem to hate. Everyone, add you own as well and don't be ashamed !

I know it - I never skip it at all

Material Girl - Madonna fans seem to hate it but it is so different from most songs and the video is one of the best ever made.

Pretender - Love it but I love the whole Like a Virgin album.

Jimmy Jimmy - Fun catchy song and great to sing along with.

Love Song - Madonna and Prince together is enough to make me smile

Fever - loved this remake and thought the video was incredible.

Take a Bow - I know this has been discussed before but think it is just beautiful.

What if feels like for a girl - Clever subtle song with an amazing message.

American Pie - Love her vocals on this and the fact it is so different from the original

4 minutes - Loved it as soon as I heard it

Celebration - Such a fun feel good song

Turn up the radio - Same thoughts as Celebration

Crazy for you - I am a huge fan of Madonna's ballads and often see this listed as an inferior ballad. I think it is one of the most romantic songs you could wish for.

I don't really know what's "hated", but If I had to make a guess, I really love these:

-Runaway Lover

-Amazing

-Nobody's Perfect

-I Love New York

-Celebration

-I'm a Sinner

-Girl Gone Wild

-Thief of Hearts

-Dear Jessie

-Pretender

-Spanish Lesson

-Voices

-Candy Shop

-American Pie

I was reading the choices in Ciccone's Cheeks's great thread about Madonna's under-rated songs. I was not sure if these would be considered under-rated but want to admit to loving some songs that most Madonna fans on forums seem to hate. Everyone, add you own as well and don't be ashamed !

Material Girl - Madonna fans seem to hate it but it is so different from most songs and the video is one of the best ever made.

Take a Bow - I know this has been discussed before but think it is just beautiful.

American Pie - Love her vocals on this and the fact it is so different from the original

Crazy for you - I am a huge fan of Madonna's ballads and often see this listed as an inferior ballad. I think it is one of the most romantic songs you could wish for.

Who dares say they don't like What It Feels Like For A Girl? WHO DARES to say such a thing in my presence! lol.

Argh that's my favorite M song, it makes me just wanna .. UGH.. so frustrating.

The only I agree w/ on the list (don't like these songs): I Know It, Pretender, Jimmy Jimmy (lol, come on), Love Song, Take A Bow (meh), TUTR, Crazy For You. I also don't really like Physical Attraction.. yet a lot do.

But I like Don't Stop and Runaway Lover.

Also, I like 4 Minutes A LOT.

I agree with you JazzyJan! I love all these unpopular songs and many more.

LOVE TRIED TO WELCOME ME

SANCTUARY

TO HAVE AND NOT TO HOLD

CHERISH

WAITING

RUNAWAY LOVER

Wait...people don't like Material Girl? I thought fans love it...it's just Madonna herself doesn't.

Most of the songs listed here I think most fans do like, though.

As for me, I'll try to pick the songs that I usually see get bashed -

Love Makes The World Go Round (LOVE THAT SONG!!!)

Cherish

Dear Jessie

(Pray For) Spanish Eyes (One of my all-time favorites!!!! So beautiful...don't get why people don't hear that)

Runaway Lover

Amazing

How High

Push

B-Day Song (Yes...I enjoy the hell out of it...silly fun. I love the instrumental more than the lyrics though. But I love that 'na na na' at the end)

Girl Gone Wild (Don't give a FUCK...LOVE that trashy little ditty).

I adore the first album from start to finish. I know it and think of me are just adorable, I don't know if they are liked enough!

The song which ive noticed people moan about is 'nothing fails' are they mad??!!! Its a classic which should've been the first or second single off AL.

I adore the first album from start to finish. I know it and think of me are just adorable, I don't know if they are liked enough!

The song which ive noticed people moan about is 'nothing fails' are they mad??!!! Its a classic which should've been the first or second single off AL.

it's one of her best songs.. it's pure and powerful in its simplicity. It's in a way.. a more "humble" like a prayer. (humble is a bad word though, but I hope you get what I mean..)

it's one of her best songs.. it's pure and powerful in its simplicity. It's in a way.. a more "humble" like a prayer. (humble is a bad word though, but I hope you get what I mean..)

I know! Youre exactly right. When I used to play the album my ex (non fan) used to ask me to re-play it. Its an all rounder. I love it.

"Crazy For You" is in my top 10 Madonna songs period, so it's not hated by any means. :) Plus, it's gotten some decent critical notices.

And I don't think "Material Girl" is one that's hated at all.

One track I could not comprehend any disdain for is "Dear Jessie"- it's whimsical and magical. Those strings are phenom, and the track itself is just so darn musical. I love it.

Yes... I forgot -

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Spotlight

That Substitute For Love (Drowned World) Demo is amazing too!

- Spotlight

- Cherish

- Dear Jessie

- Fever

- In This Life

- Did You Do It?

- Don't Stop

- Little Star

- American Pie

- Spanish Lesson

- Voices

I love Spotlight, too! And the single cover.. that ruby red from WTG Tour and her pose..

220px-Spotlight_single_cover.jpg

Great list! I maintain that there really isn't a terrible Madonna song. Some just shine a bit more for certain listeners than others. :)

im so glad this topic was started!!

sho be doo is my fav track on LAV! i also love LDLHA (pretender cudda been a great single!)

i love in this life, and glad it was never replaced for other songs on the album

incredible is the best song on hard candy

ooh la la your my superstar!! :inlove: