Appreciate: Letterman, 1994

CMoody

madonna_letterman_eleven.jpg

Such an iconic pop culture history moment. It's awkward, it's silly, it's raunchy, hilarious and perverse, but it's all classic Madonna. Only Madonna could set the show's host as well as his entire studio audience against her and yet still dominate the interview. She may have been a bit angry, but she sure as hell was fun, and looked incredible doing it. There is something about the slicked down black hair, black velvet near-floor length dress and bitch-killing combat boots that I love. Still one of my all time top M moments.

Wasn't there an article many years ago about how it was completely contrived and Madonna was stunned by how aggressively people reacted to it?

I think Madonna said the producers wanted her to be shocking or some shit like that.

Or was that Rosie talking about it during Madonna's Behind the Music?

I think Rosie called her and said "What are you doing?" and Madonna told her that they told her to say the F word and it will be funny. Who knows? LOL As for most of the conversation they had I think Madonna was genuinely loopy.

This interview cracks me up. :lmao:

"First of all, you're not irritated at all, you're not irritated at all. I know. This is a little act."

"You are not irritating me."

"Okay, good."

"Are you trying to?"

"No, I'm not trying to irritate you."

"Actually, you do irritate me sometimes"

"Well ... you kind of irritate me, too."

"Really?"

"You see? We have so much in common"

It was amazing obviously, but you just know that if Madonna forums were around back then, CMOODY would be the first one making threads about how inappropriate and career destroying and embarrassing etc. that Letterman appearance was.

I was a shy junior in high school i felt empowered the day after in school so much so i told a teacher to fuck off i got detention

thank u madonna lol

:lmao: GREAT

"Isn't untrue rumour an oxymoron? Like funny David letterman *laughs hysterically* "

:lmao: She's the best.

It was amazing obviously, but you just know that is Madonna forums were around back then, CMOODY would be the first one making threads about how inappropriate and career destroying and embarrassing etc. that Letterman appearance was.

:lmao: