When she started singing "You'll See" on DWT...

madonna_fan1988

This was a very, very special moment for me. I had been dying to see her in concert since the Girlie Show in 93. When DWT was announced, I was all over it. It was so exciting that her first concert in the US was Philly, because I live just a half hour from there, and I scored 3rd row seats. You'll See, at the time, was my all-time favorite song. I knew the whole setlist going into it, so when it started, I didn't think it sounded like "Gone"... when I heard "you think that I can't live without your love", I almost cried. I mean, here she was, in MY city, singing MY favorite song for the first time ever, as a surprise change to the setlist. I felt like she did that just for me. :) It was probably my favorite moment from any concert I've seen.

Guest bluejean

I would love for a soundboard recording of this performance to leak. That would be incredible. Love this song, it is so underrated.

I saw her in Madison Square Garden, July 2001.

I will always remember this. Always.

I almost faint. No word can describe the way I felt.

:thumbsup:

This was a very, very special moment for me. I had been dying to see her in concert since the Girlie Show in 93. When DWT was announced, I was all over it. It was so exciting that her first concert in the US was Philly, because I live just a half hour from there, and I scored 3rd row seats. You'll See, at the time, was my all-time favorite song. I knew the whole setlist going into it, so when it started, I didn't think it sounded like "Gone"... when I heard "you think that I can't live without your love", I almost cried. I mean, here she was, in MY city, singing MY favorite song for the first time ever, as a surprise change to the setlist. I felt like she did that just for me. :) It was probably my favorite moment from any concert I've seen.

I was there too that night! Second row, knew the set list, and was like "whaaaaaa!?"

An amazing moment, and a stunning performance.

I was there too that night! Second row, knew the set list, and was like "whaaaaaa!?"

An amazing moment, and a stunning performance.

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of the songs that drew me to M back when it was released. It has always been a major favorite for me. So when DWT came along, my first tour, I saw it 4x, twice in NYC, twice in Miami....and all 4 times, she performed "You'll See"...I was in heaven!!

I'd like to see an official and professional recording of this performance... It was a big disappointment that it was not a bonus on DWT dvd...

That DVD would be much better if her hair was done properly and she had done this and not Gone!

At least that way she'd have every era represented on that tour after 8 years without touring!

BTW, i love Gone...i just prefer this song! :)

Guest bluejean

Love Gone but You'll See is a Madonna classic. And this is the only live version we have. Even just a leak of the soundboard would be a dream.

I suspect there are fans out there that have all these soundboards of Madonna shows but are just not sharing :(

Love Gone but You'll See is a Madonna classic. And this is the only live version we have. Even just a leak of the soundboard would be a dream.

I suspect there are fans out there that have all these soundboards of Madonna shows but are just not sharing :(

I'm sure.

LOVE.

I have this mp3 from ages ago. I just listened to it yesterday for the first time in years, probably. So amazing.

Though... I may actually prefer "Gone." It's hard to choose between amazing and brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Xanthium

I saw her in Madison Square Garden, July 2001.

I will always remember this. Always.

I almost faint. No word can describe the way I felt.

I saw her then too. When she sang you'll see I went into a gay coma. Such an unexpected surprise. It was very special.

I also was there for that first show in Philly, and was surprised at what I was hearing- no crying, though. :) It was a very nice performance- she mixed the words around a little bit, but that resulted on a longer performance/last chorus.

Aa lot of people go into a concert not knowing a setlist, so the ewhole thing is a surprise.

add me to the group that went to see her in Philly (I went to both shows) and was AGOG when she started singing You'll See because I pretty much had the setlist memorized from all the stuff online

it was a great shock as it's a fave song of mine

• 3 weeks later...