MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Camacho

You're welcome! :)

Btw, "Holiday" was done for the first time at the first NYC show, and then it was done at many - but not all - shows for the rest of the tour.

In some shows, M would perform "Spanish Lesson", "Everybody" or "Music" instead - at others, it was just skipped.

LOL where did she perform "Spanish Lesson"? Poor folks! :laugh:

LOL where did she perform "Spanish Lesson"? Poor folks! :laugh:

Oh, that'll be the show were she cut out GGW, Revolver, Gang Bang, PDP, Hung Up, IDGA.....and gave them Spanish Lesson instead. Oh how we laughed :bad:

I went back and re-watched tonight -- enjoyed it just as much, possibly more -- this time. Skin, you were right, they omitted "4 Minutes" and "Ray of Light" -- but I was also right that they are listed in the credits. So bizarre! I do wonder, though, if it will be restored on the DVD/Blu-ray. (I recall the VH1 airing of Sticky & Sweet was edited in some ways, but not the DVD. I don't know about the Epix version versus the DVD for S&S, though. I don't recall ever getting Epix to work for me that time.)

And yeah -- just reiterating that the credits state still photography is Steven Klein's work. I had noticed the "EVA" video footage and wondered if that was Buenos Aires... I'm confused about which of the other fake tattoos was which night, now... I thought maybe "PSYCHE" was in NYC (because PSY appeared with her, but perhaps that was totally unrelated) ... And the Hebrew was ... wait, was that NYC? (I know she had a Hebrew tattoo in Pittsburgh, but I doubt any of those photos are from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was the first time she took her pants off all the way and performed LAV/LS without the pants, though! So, that sort of ushered in the performance(s) we have recorded, interestingly. Strange to think how for most of the tour, she wore the pants, and also how when the tour started, she wasn't even performing Love Spent at all!)

It would be kinda cool if the DVD/Blu-ray had an extra devoted to little changes/evolutions/variances -- cataloguing some of the controversies along the way, the various tattoos, little costume changes, etc. It would also be good to have Beautiful Killer/Je'taime from Olympia, since those were unique to that show.

I agree with the sentiment that it's impossible to capture the COMPLETE concert experience on a recording. M said this herself -- you're never going to be able to download that experience. This is a wonderful encapsulation, but little things (and sometimes the grandiose scope of some moments) can be reduced or lost in the translation. But I think, in some ways, we're only MORE aware of it now because of YouTube and social media -- being able to compare so much of different shows with actual footage from the gigs and hearing accounts from fans. It's harder to piece all of that together from the vintage tours.

Anyway, I love it. There are always going to be little choices that irk and personal memories you have that you wish made the DVD/Blu-ray. I'm still just SO grateful this tour was as well-documented as it was -- multiple recordings, and it will be widely available, unlike some tours. :( Thank goodness MDNA isn't going to sit in a vault for 20 years!

I believe Psyche was her tattoo in Miami I can't remember what it was at MSG

Oh, that'll be the show were she cut out GGW, Revolver, Gang Bang, PDP, Hung Up, IDGA.....and gave them Spanish Lesson instead. Oh how we laughed :bad:

let's not forget they got half of holiday too

They should have let him edit the show. He did a FANTASTIC job just using youtube clips.

I agree. I have been obsessed with his edits forever and deep down I knew the official release would never compare!

I went back and re-watched tonight -- enjoyed it just as much, possibly more -- this time. Skin, you were right, they omitted "4 Minutes" and "Ray of Light" -- but I was also right that they are listed in the credits. So bizarre! I do wonder, though, if it will be restored on the DVD/Blu-ray. (I recall the VH1 airing of Sticky & Sweet was edited in some ways, but not the DVD. I don't know about the Epix version versus the DVD for S&S, though. I don't recall ever getting Epix to work for me that time.)

And yeah -- just reiterating that the credits state still photography is Steven Klein's work. I had noticed the "EVA" video footage and wondered if that was Buenos Aires... I'm confused about which of the other fake tattoos was which night, now... I thought maybe "PSYCHE" was in NYC (because PSY appeared with her, but perhaps that was totally unrelated) ... And the Hebrew was ... wait, was that NYC? (I know she had a Hebrew tattoo in Pittsburgh, but I doubt any of those photos are from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was the first time she took her pants off all the way and performed LAV/LS without the pants, though! So, that sort of ushered in the performance(s) we have recorded, interestingly. Strange to think how for most of the tour, she wore the pants, and also how when the tour started, she wasn't even performing Love Spent at all!)

It would be kinda cool if the DVD/Blu-ray had an extra devoted to little changes/evolutions/variances -- cataloguing some of the controversies along the way, the various tattoos, little costume changes, etc. It would also be good to have Beautiful Killer/Je'taime from Olympia, since those were unique to that show.

I agree with the sentiment that it's impossible to capture the COMPLETE concert experience on a recording. M said this herself -- you're never going to be able to download that experience. This is a wonderful encapsulation, but little things (and sometimes the grandiose scope of some moments) can be reduced or lost in the translation. But I think, in some ways, we're only MORE aware of it now because of YouTube and social media -- being able to compare so much of different shows with actual footage from the gigs and hearing accounts from fans. It's harder to piece all of that together from the vintage tours.

Anyway, I love it. There are always going to be little choices that irk and personal memories you have that you wish made the DVD/Blu-ray. I'm still just SO grateful this tour was as well-documented as it was -- multiple recordings, and it will be widely available, unlike some tours. :( Thank goodness MDNA isn't going to sit in a vault for 20 years!

Psyche was in Miami only....Eva was Buenos Aires. Majority of LAV/LS is Miami (film wise, the stills are from other venues)...the only film bit that appears to be from another venue (BA) is the Eva bit where she spins on her knees and does the back bend.

Not a good show. It needs more hits and good live singing. And less politics and lipsynching. The bratty violence and sexuality is immature for a woman her age. All of the plastic surgery and steroids have turned her into a barbie doll. What happened to the real Madonna I grew up with? I'm glad I didn't pay to see this junk in person. One out of five stars.

You grew up with Madonna, huh? And you are shocked she is being political when she has been her whole career? Sounds fishy to me. You sound like nothing but a troll to me. Probably a troll from Fafadaily who's ass is hurt because she looked like a fat drugged out mess on her tour and is getting broken hips and arthritis in her 20s.

Is the last one (the mp4 file) a REAL tv rip? Because it looks like it has no logo (I'm still downloading).

It doesn't have a logo, so it might not be a REAL TV rip, but in my opinion, it's still better than the previous version.

LOL where did she perform "Spanish Lesson"? Poor folks! :laugh:/>

She "sang" spanish lesson in my Mexico and we loved it... actually I tried to sing along but I didn't remember the lyrics back then lol.

She did it instead of the speech in the second night.

That tub of lard distracts my viewing pleasure on I'm a Sinner

I watched it late last night on a plane. Let me watch it again and I'll report back to you on the tub of lard.

This torrent is quite slow as well...Mine is loading since 5 hours and there's stil 60 % to go. It would be great if someonce could take screencaps so we can see how much the quality's better than the webrip.

So... I just caught the show and I must say, it's very, VERY good. I haven't looked at ANY clips of the tour online so everythang was new & exciting for me :wow: I loved how massive it all looked; the stage, the projections, the moving cube things, the thrones of dancers. Definitely what a CONCERT should be!

My only real complaint was the intro: I'm guessing the GGW was one of those 'you had to be there to get the full experience' Madonna Moments cuz something wasn't clicking for me (and usually I'm all for men & heels and things of that faggy nature). The SONG itself just didn't feel BIG enough to kick off such an epic show. And religious imagery isn't really my thing anyway so the whole cathedral/ catholic shit didn't do much help either. I may grow to love it, but as of now it was my least favorite part. However...

REVULVA 2 GANG BANG 2 PAPA DON'T PREACH WAS LIFE CHANGING LIKE OMG :dramatic:

I watched it late last night on a plane. Let me watch it again and I'll report back to you on the tub of lard.

Freeze frame and find true love MDNA style

Dating on a new level ;)/>

Adore the fact your premiere was on a plane :)

Just saying that people who watch the DVD and didn't attend the concert. The DVD does not convey the live feeling in all the songs. GGW looks half dead during the DVD but in person it was amazing and had as much energy as LAP on the DVD. Plus all the backdrops are not shown which made the live in person show much more better as it was like the song and surroundings changing. You can hardly notice Lil Wayne on the DVD not that he is that important nor is there a chandler on Candy Shop.

Plus you have clips of her hair looking a mess on TUTR and then looking perfect. Plus the crowd was not that energy live on TUTR at most the shows...so they crowd are probably from different shots than when she was actually singing that song. Plus there is an error on Candy Shop where she says "big boy". It is clearly cut out, like sloppy cause you can hear 0.001 seconds of it and then nothing.

The concert DVD is great but you really had to be there cause the DVD does not show this perfectly or too well minus on LAP and Cyber Raga. And people who will bitch at me...IDGAF because I am just saying how I feel about the product and the bitch used too much filters. She is like a ghost on Vogue but funny thing, on my concert she was stuck in the box for over a min singing as the cubes malfunctioned and didn't come up to lift her to the stage :p

It's true. More wide range shots during GGW MG section, and the shot of the guy pressing the button in the background to move the cubes is present, which was like "fuck it i cba to go back and edit this, its only 1mistake, so it wont matter" is a joke. S&S Tour DVD didn't have shots of camera men scratching there ass, so why show a guy on the corner pressing buttons.

Could have been edited better in the first section and the Olympia shots should be gone because they ruin the feel of the DVD. Someone should of asked her why did she include those shots at the Q&A during the movie.

S&S Tour DVD didn't have shots of camera men scratching there ass, so why show a guy on the corner pressing buttons.

I actually kind of like where they included the camera in OYH, but I never noticed this guy

It doesn't have a logo, so it might not be a REAL TV rip, but in my opinion, it's still better than the previous version.

the logos are here, but they only appear from time to time...

kf47.png

zms.png

I actually kind of like where they included the camera in OYH, but I never noticed this guy

EPIX said that the clip was an edit in progress in utube, but the exact clip minus the mickey mouse vocals are present on the final edit. Utube the Epix clip. It is there and quite clear

EPIX said that the clip was an edit in progress in utube, but the exact clip minus the mickey mouse vocals are present on the final edit. Utube the Epix clip. It is there and quite clear

Which song and which part?