IslandBreeze

Guest SecretGarden

Right before I heard the song, I was like:

2m6shhw.jpg

During the song I was like:

30vdpfl.jpg

When the song ended I done this:

tumblr_me3ocvLMpp1ryb0hd.gif

i thought it sounded like a Pat Leonard production that all the fans were begging for a hundred years. it was delivered and thrown back in her face. never listen to fans.

take note, Leonard Lovers. she should never work with him again. xo

Normally i agree with you Pud babe, but please... Since when Hey You sounds like anything written with Pat????? It's just Madonna being obsessed with Imagine and trying to make a ballad and failing and thinking "ok, i give this for free".

what's happening here????????

One of the most memorable moments of the tour! Joan seems to be thinking "Oh here we go, this girl is over 50 years old and STILL rolling around in her panties on stage....she certainly didn't get it from me".

I LOVE that this moment exists!

• 1 month later...

Island Breeze, This thread should be pinned for all time. All of the great gifs.

I always look forward to your posts to see your gifs. Nina and friends :laugh:

So much love for this thread :inlove: It needs some original Charlie's angels love from sisters Jill and Kris Munroe

tumblr_mftsh70p1K1s08i7xo1_500.gif

• 1 year later...

Hello, Petrus, how are you?

I would like to ask you a question. Of all the things to talk about Madonna... why BUMPING a thread from 2013 about Hey You?

Another question: why bumping such an old thread AT ALL?

Thank you...

As William Orbit described half of the tracks on MDNA, I'll add "Hey You" to that descriptive: Puerile

Not that "Hey You" is "trivial" per se, but it sounds childish and like a nursery rhyme the way she sings it so high. This is why I want her to kick it down a notch when she sings these days for certain songs!

Edited by madmark

When I heard It was going to produced by Pharrell and it was quite an anthem I was so excited . When I heard the song I was like this ...

E4xZyw.jpg

It shows a side of Madonna that I hope she doesn't become unwilling to show in the face of all the coldness that is becoming increasingly popular. Most people who claim to care about the world today just like to hear themselves and what they think is intelligent.

I believe this song was meant for children and has a lot of heart until the world around and all the so called intellectuals destroy that heart.

Who cares about anything. No one cares about anything but how important they are and how they are so much more with it than everyone else.

i always liked it. nice melody. simplicity. but english is not my mother's tongue so lyrics don't usually bother me as much as it may for people who speak english.. it just sounds like a sweet song with a sweet message.