"I'll give you love, if you turn the key."

IsaacHarris

The best part is in the second chorus when she screams it, "opennnn your heart TOOO MEEE!!!!"

13022.gif

Think I'm in the minority here because it's one of my least favorite singles, but I do appreciate the song. I really loved the MDNA version which made me listen to the track more often. Hope the live version is released on itunes after the DVD is finally released!

after Express Yourself of course :laugh:

I prefer the OYH video...it has more soul :inlove: & I think Fellini would agree with me.

The juxtaposition of the raw sexuality of our female heroine (who's there performing

reluctantly for a bunch of deviants) & the innocence of the boy is LIFE.

Not to mention the fact that it has humor...

In short:

This is why MJ's videos r noting compared 2 M's.

Yes, I had 2 go there....

Open Your Heart is my most played song off True Blue. Definitely in my top ten ever. She'd better do a proper version of it on tour before she stops for good.

Open Your Heart is my most played song off True Blue. Definitely in my top ten ever. She'd better do a proper version of it on tour before she stops for good.

I know, it's MDNA'S only flaw..she totally destroyed the song.

Classic track, one of her best. But, I wouldn't call it "pining"- that implies she's some wishy-washy gal sitting, waiting for him to come to her. Here, SHE is the one in pursuit and determined to make it happen.

I do love the MDNA/KALAKAN TRIO mix from the tour. It adds a new dynamic to the song. Very fresh. It's also another example why she is the #1 creative genius that no one can compare to.

Guest HaveASit

The song was written for Cyndi Lauper :ohmy:/> Thank God Madonna was the one who ended with this masterpierce.

Yep, love this song still today. Love the video (her dancing and that "blue glow" to it all). DAMN SURE love the tour opener (and the 2nd number, Lucky Star). Wonderful performances. And the bassline for Open Your Heart is divine. I would sure would love an updated remix for the club. Been searching forever!