"I'll give you love, if you turn the key."

IsaacHarris

Oh, hey guys! I was just reenacting the entire Who's That Girl Tour in my bedroom when it struck me to make a thread about the greatest song from that era, Open Your Heart. ' A real Madonna classic, aint it?

tumblr_m3223nGuyb1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

Now we all know that the live performance of OYH is the quintessential tour-opener, but the song itself is another classic example of FunkDonna at her finest. The beat is a beautifully layered lasagna of 80's dance-pop-rock goodness & lyrically it's one of M's most vulnerable tracks. Pining for a man never sounded so good if you ask me. Lets take a moment and LOSE OURSELVES INTO THE MUSIC:

My favorite part is after the 2nd chorus:I always raise my balled fist into the air and sing along to the 'one is sucha lonely numberrrrr...' bit. Then those 4 orgasmic, angelic 'ahhh's come, the beat kicks back in, and I continue my performance. And the video... is she the peak of physical perfection or what? That pale, chiseled body is something out of a Greek Myth & the dancin' skills are sharper than ever. Share your love, appreciation, and ...

tumblr_llgfn9Vozy1qea3ymo1_500.gif

WORSHIP.

Guest Not4Pussies

one of my favorites and one of the greatest pop songs ever written

it's a great choice for karaoke as well

my favorite parts:

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes

You look a little sad boy, I wonder why

I follow you around but you can't see

You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice

So you choose to look the other way

Well, I've got something to say

Guest Rachelle of London

Love this song! its amazing, and the lyrics are superb! My fave OYH performance is Blonde Ambition Tour. The MDNA version is great too

WATCH OUT

The extended version is definitely one of the all time BEST

The reveal on WTG tour after the gold lame suited dancer twiddles his moustache where the milky white goddess is mincing around with a chair and her GRANNYLICIOUS hair, that smile and the removal of the gloves as she does her little dance, skips down the steps , takes the mic from the guitarist with a Beam on her face, skips towards the stage, moves to the music, skips to the next part, does the movement again, and then I SEE YOU ON THE STREET AND YOU WALK ON BY

Guest Pud Whacker

WATCH OUT

The extended version is definitely one of the all time BEST

The reveal on WTG tour after the gold lame suited dancer twiddles his moustache where the milky white goddess is mincing around with a chair and her GRANNYLICIOUS hair, that smile and the removal of the gloves as she does her little dance, skips down the steps , takes the mic from the guitarist with a Beam on her face, skips towards the stage, moves to the music, skips to the next part, does the movement again, and then I SEE YOU ON THE STREET AND YOU WALK ON BY

http://youtu.be/YsdcX_5dS0A

still have the 12"

I was always jealous of that Felix boy . Bastard.

I remember Grandad liked the video. Perv. He also resembled the old codger at the end.

I must say the MDNA version was a treat live

If love it done originally again tho. That bassline. An those funny noises which sound like weird dogs barking, you know what I mean?

Best Description Ever. :drama: :drama: :drama:

In elementary school, Baby Mattress longed to dramatically arch himself backward on a chair and slip off a dark wig to reveal his platinum crop to the shock and awe of his peers.

Guest Pud Whacker

In elementary school, Baby Mattress longed to dramatically arch himself backward on a chair and slip off a dark wig to reveal his platinum crop to the shock and awe of his peers.

FABULOUS!!!

Junior Lecter (aged 9) was caught doing the invisible smoking pistol gesture when it was on tv

Mama Lecter knew at that point those dark little grandchildren werent happening

Guest Pud Whacker

HOLA BARCELONA

they filmed that show, right? i think before a filmed show shes like MAKE MY HAIR RELALY BIG!!! :rotfl:

they filmed that show, right? i think before a filmed show shes like MAKE MY HAIR RELALY BIG!!! :rotfl:/>

Oh yeah! I still have it on VHS it was on Sky Movies one hot summer night here in England, preceded by a one hour documentary which was quite good. Hyped to death and certainly delivered.

It's the one where the random man comes out after Vogue I think giving out free t shirts.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh yeah! I still have it on VHS it was on Sky Movies one hot summer night here in England, preceded by a one hour documentary which was quite good. Hyped to death and certainly delivered.

It's the one where the random man comes out after Vogue I think giving out free t shirts.

oh, ive never seen the hour long docu. :(

Guest Pud Whacker

She just sounds so, so good on the recorded versions of this and "Express Yourself". I miss hearing her voice with some muscle in it.

fabulous vocals and arrangement. best ever.