Santiago De Chile - December 19th

Jamesy

True but you were justifying it before we had that information. She could pull her pants and do a sloppy shit on some fans in the front row and you'd say it was fair enough "She obviously really needed to go to the toilet"

I just said it's typical madonna and she's been bitchy even before she got famous and I was surprised people still make such a huge deal out of it (her fans especially)

But seeing how she asked kindly, yes: I am justifying it because she asked nicely two times at first and instead of at the very least hiding his cigarette or turning around, he just kept on smoking right in front of her.

CMoody there were not million other ways to handle it.

She was ignored twice then she put her foot down. She was not nasty even then, just tough.

She let fans watch the soundcheck. She could have kicked them out or close the area.

I was in the golden triangle:

- she asked nicely to pople to stop smoking, she even mentioned she had bronchitis.

- everytime we saw people smoking we yelled at them "no fumen!!" (dont smoke)

- I can tell you that people screaming "give us our money back" or "lady gaga" or any other hateful thing were not the fans on the golden triangle area or the ppl outside the triangle. Keep in mind that of all the 40.000? 50.000? people in the stadium not everyone of them are fans, so they just dont give a shit about insulting or screaming, they just wanna see what they paid for at the advertised hour.

- me and my friends stood for ours under the rain, my feet, legs and back were completely wet for ours, but i didn't care at all because i was so close and was about to experience the best show ever, so when you have that kind of expectation under those conditions and the show stars from express yourself, our reaction was WTF?! but there's nothing u can do about it, except to enjoy the short show. It was priceless thought to look at all those faces when they realised that we were not getting the whole show.

Oh spare me this whole BRAVE HONEST MADONNA FAN NONSENSE.

We all know there's a select few on here who run their mouths like a fart machine on repeat everytime Madonna has a gaffe and it's only to hear themselves speak.

Make no mistake - Chile was a disaster, but this whole SHOCK AND AWE and TREMORS about Madonna behaving like a major bitch, as if it's the newest development since Apple TV, is just such a mess I don't even know what to say. And you can tell it's insincere, because we've all worshipped Madonna for years and we know how she can be; including her unwillingness to censor herself when extremely irritated. The fact that this is suddenly an issue for people smells like bullshit.

Like the bitchy 60 Minutes interview, like Hydrangeas, like the EMA press conference, like the Gimme A Fan incident, like her calling fans annoying back in 92... this is just another in a long line of Madonnaisms that none of us need to be surprised by anymore. But some like to pretend they are.

I don't buy this sudden moral superiority some people are taking on about being Sugar & Spice and THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, especially when it's coming from some of the most obnoxious mouths on this board.

for every apologist there will be another devils advocate. thats the beauty of madonnas fanbase, not everyone lick her ass....i do believe that its unfair to say that those who defend/attack her will always do no matter what, (like saying if she shit on s we will find a reason) .it may seem like that but peoples position towards madonna change on the context...for example i would be pissed for her cutting the show but not for her bitchniness

Oh spare me this whole BRAVE HONEST MADONNA FAN NONSENSE.

We all know there's a select few on here who run their mouths like a fart machine on repeat everytime Madonna has a gaffe and it's only to hear themselves speak.

Make no mistake - Chile was a disaster, but this whole SHOCK AND AWE and TREMORS about Madonna behaving like a major bitch, as if it's the newest development since Apple TV, is just such a mess I don't even know what to say. And you can tell it's insincere, because we've all worshipped Madonna for years and we know how she can be; including her unwillingness to censor herself when extremely irritated. The fact that this is suddenly an issue for people smells like bullshit.

Like the bitchy 60 Minutes interview, like Hydrangeas, like the EMA press conference, like the Gimme A Fan incident, like her calling fans annoying back in 92... this is just another in a long line of Madonnaisms that none of us need to be surprised by anymore. But some like to pretend they are.

I don't buy this sudden moral superiority some people are taking on about being Sugar & Spice and THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, especially when it's coming from some of the most obnoxious mouths on this board.

Isn't it weird how it's the loudest mouths who are going on about how she should change her attitude with other people, while more mellow & calm and softer people are more okay with madonna being a bitch sometimes?

for every apologist there will be another devils advocate. thats the beauty of madonnas fanbase, not everyone lick her ass....i do believe that its unfair to say that those who defend/attack her will always do no matter what, (like saying if she shit on s we will find a reason) .it may seem like that but peoples position towards madonna change on the context...for example i would be pissed for her cutting the show but not for her bitchniness

I'd be pissed if I was in Chile right now and this happened to me. I would be very angry I paid that money as a hardcore fan to watch a neutered show. I've said over and over that it's pretty indefensible. However, I think the Brave Proud Brigade that are "STANDING UP FOR POLITENESS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE" sound beyond laughable. It's almost like an SNL skit. I don't buy it for 1 second.

Isn't it weird how it's the loudest mouths who are going on about how she should change her attitude with other people, while more mellow & calm and softer people are more okay with madonna being a bitch sometimes?

How true! I think it's because people always hate in other people the things that they don't like in themselves. Conversely, a lot of softer people wish they could be more like her sometimes and not be meek or scared of offending someone so that they don't stand up for themselves. I"m a pretty quiet person and there are lots of times where I suffered in silence when people did something I didn't like and didn't say anything, but I wish I had stood up for myself.

Guest bluejean

Well I was only joking. I don't even find her that rude in that clip. My only gripe is that after cutting a show short neither her nor her team make mention of it or are apologetic in any way. Now I know its not their fault but I think it would be appropriate to at least aknowledge it. All this talk of "Madonna hasn't promised a full show, Madonna doesn't owe anyone anything" blah di blah is rubbish imo because tickets are hugely expensive. Everyone around the world should be getting more or less the same thing for what they are paying. Anything less deserves an explanation.

Guest bluejean

I'd be pissed if I was in Chile right now and this happened to me. I would be very angry I paid that money as a hardcore fan to watch a neutered show. I've said over and over that it's pretty indefensible. However, I think the Brave Proud Brigade that are "STANDING UP FOR POLITENESS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE" sound beyond laughable. It's almost like an SNL skit.

Well I feel very strongly about delivering value for money. If people are paying through the nose for concert tickets (and they are) getting a majorly butchered show without any explanation or aknowledgement is a tad unfair don't you think?

Of course, if it were Lady gaga or Mariah Carey cutting their shows that would be majorly criticized but since its Madonna "she never promised anyone a full show." Madonna apologists.

Well I feel very strongly about delivering value for money. If people are paying through the nose for concert tickets (and they are) getting a majorly butchered show without any explanation or aknowledgement is a tad unfair don't you think?

That's not what I am talking about though. Read my quote. I'm talking about the fake uproar about the Cigarrettes incident. I've said over & over that I'm not going to defend the sliced/diced version of the show. I understand why she did it, but I don't think it warrants defense because of how it would have made ME feel if I was down in Chile as a hardcore fan. That to me is the bigger disappointment than some stupid moment where someone blew smoke in her face.

I do not, when you start taking your own frustration out on your fans is when you really start to loose them... Madonna should be more professional than behaving like a spoiled brat...

You must be a new fan! Welcome aboard! :)/> Well let's catch ya up real quick....

Does anyone remember the story about the two little girls (around 4-6 yrs old) waiting for her in her hotel lobby during the Virgin Tour in 1985? They had been waiting all day, supposedly Madonna and her assistant had seen them several times and her assistant finally said "look, they've been here all day. Just give them an autograph." Supposedly Madonna went up to them, refused to sign their book, album (whatever they had that they wanted signed) and told them "if I do it for you I have to do it for everyone. You mean nothing to me." She then turned and left leaving one of the girls in tears. NOW....do I believe this story?? Not really...lol....BUT the point is, I don't NOT believe it. Why?? Because Madonna has ALWAYS been a bitch since day one. Deal with it. Lady Gaga and Mariah Carey forums are that way -------->

If you want "warm and fuzzy" Madge typically ain't the one!

With that said, as far as the smoking thing goes....first of all before the cigarette was even lit these motherfuckers should be HONORED that she didn't tell them to get the fuck out of her stadium during her rehearsal time. You do realize in a lot of places, fans were kicked out for trying to take a peek at rehearsal. Getting to watch the rehearsal is not part of ticket price. Secondly, after someone asks nicely not once but twice for you to quit blowing smoke in their face, then it's time to get nasty because unless there was indeed a language barrier, then at that point this fan is trying to be a dick and get a reaction. The fan is lucky she didn't have his ass thrown out. PERIOD.

As far as the altered show goes, I can't lie, I would've been pissed at the situation but ya know....human compassion and all that would've kicked in....as I feel it should for most (although that DOES NOT seem to be the case) and I would've taken the rain and the fact that she's ill into consideration. So, yeah...would've mad at the situation but not at Madonna herself. She is GODONNA but she can't control the rain and bitch has been on the road for like 7 months and been sick for a few weeks now so.....it happens. Anybody that can't relate to that is just a dick...sorry. :(/> Maybe I'm extra sensitive because I've been sick as hell all week myself. Going up the steps was enough to make me need a nap for 2 hours. I simply cannot imagine doing a show like that ill.....and I don't care how much money you're making, when you're sick you're SICK. I get the feeling she probably feels she over extended herself this time around. Bet we won't see her on the road for this long again without a break in between.

I gotta say this day was cursed. Madonna and her fans really had no luck.

The most miserable day weather wise.

I saw news reports from Chile about the rain. Power was cut, horrible traffic, Nonstop pour down just ugh

Guest bluejean

That's not what I am talking about though. Read my quote. I'm talking about the fake uproar about the Cigarrettes incident. I've said over & over that I'm not going to defend the sliced/diced version of the show. I understand why she did it, but I don't think it warrants defense because of how it would have made ME feel if I was down in Chile as a hardcore fan. That to me is the bigger disappointment than some stupid moment where someone blew smoke in her face.

Oh. Yes, that's what I think too. I couldn't care less about that smoking thing.

But I think the point being made was that it is indicative of Madonna's general attitude toward her fans. Personally I've never really been convinced Madonna hates her fans or is ungrateful, I think she's just a moody bitch. And a perfectionist. When things aren't going well she gets pissed off. In this case she was probably in a bad mood being sick and having to cut her show. And super protective of her voice. I'm very doubtful abit of cigarette smoke in an open stadium is going to make any difference but she obviously believes differently. And apparently there are signs everywhere saying don't smoke so...

To me, Madonna is the ultimate professional. I can be 99% confident when I buy tickets to her shows that she's going to be there and give it 150%. I've seen her 9 times now and fortunately, it's never been anything but perfection. Unfortunately, it seems the beginning and end of tours there is more chance for technical difficulties needing to be worked out (beginning) and illness/fatigue (end). It's not her job to be "friends" with her fans and the fact that she has actually been more fan friendly than usual on this tour has been surprising to me. GENERALLY speaking Madonna doesn't cancel or alter her shows in any way. I realize not every one of her fans has been around the "Madonna block" as long as me so I KNOW that if she alters or cancels it's almost definitely for a LEGIT reason not because she needs to get off stage to catch the latest episode of her favorite TV show before she hits the sack for the night.

As I said earlier, she really should skip Chile for the next tour because they will not have had time to forget or forgive about the debacle of the show that was her stop in Santiago for the MDNA Tour a few days ago. KNOW YOURSELVES Madonna fans and do not even pretend that she wasn't an unprofessional bitch. She should have cancelled!

Guest bluejean

True.

Well I just remember when I was a kid I saw Janet Jackson live and she cut out 1/2 the setlist for some reason or another and I think that is poor form. You charge the price, you deliver (more or less) the same length show to everyone. And yes its a very non Madonna thing to do. But I think this tour has been different in many ways mainly because of the length. I doubt very much she'll do more than the usual 3-4 months on the road ever again.

I do agree with that but she should have known better. She should not have agreed to so many shows and maybe she should have broken it up into two legs instead. Anyway, that's bygones now. Tonight is the last show. I am sure that she, more than anyone else on this entire planet, cannot wait to wrap the tour and the entire MDNA era up and move on.

Idk if she should've cancelled......no MDNA + plus full refund.....or some MDNA + no refund?? Neither one of those options is 100% great for the fans. Reschedule would've been the best I suppose but there could be 1,000,001 reasons for not being able to/choosing to do that.

It sucks but....life happens.

Gaga's Twickenham show was cut short and I didn't see that mayhem of today and fans turning in their fan cards.

In Mexico city gaga also cut songs for no apparent reason and ended the show early.

No big drama as well.

Mariah Carey, Janet and Whitney have been doing 45 minutes shows even at their peak.

On the other end this is the first time I recall Madonna ever doing such thing, and not because she just felt lazy.

Guest bluejean

Rescheduling would probably mean doing another show next year so its not realistic to pay people to come back for one more show. Not worth it.

Gaga's Twickenham show was cut short and I didn't see that mayhem of today and fans turning in their fan cards.

In Mexico city gaga also cut songs for no apparent reason and ended the show early.

No big drama as well.

Mariah Carey, Janet and Whitney have been doing 45 minutes shows even at their peak.

On the other end this is the first time I recall Madonna ever doing such thing, and not because she just felt lazy.

But that's exactly the point. Madonna is above and beyond the third-rate live performers that are Gaga, Janet, Mariah etc. etc. - and that is why it has been shocking and disappointing to the fans that this happened in Chile. Because it was entirely unprecedented. She was ill - we understand that. That is why in my opinion (and many other fans) she should have cancelled and given a refund to fans. The fact that was ill to perform a half-hearted show (and be awful to people in soundcheck) so she can collect a full paycheck is a little bit callous.

Sorry, that's just my opinion Just because I think she did one shitty thing doesn't mean I'm "turning in my fan card". :rolleyes:

Ha seude I'm glad you are still on board :lol:

So many on Tweeter on Facebook did say they want to hear nothing about Madonna no more. You are right she should definitely skip Chile next time.

Guest Not4Pussies

Remember when Tori Amor went off on two fans who were on the front row at one of her concerts for being on their phones? She stopped in the middle of the song and told them to get the fuck out. Now Tori wasn't sick, she didn't have bronchitis. Now imagine if M had told then to get the fuck out? She had asked them nicely and very politely before she got annoyed. People still choose to ignore that fact. I like my Madonna crude and bitchy. Lovey dovey fan shit makes me cringe.

Guest bluejean

Remember when Tori Amor went off on two fans who were on the front row at one of her concerts for being on their phones? She stopped in the middle of the song and told them to get the fuck out.

:lmao:

Maybe she should have thought about putting on a better show