Remember when Guy O said...

Guest Not4Pussies

^ I agree, the main problem was TIMING. If she plans to go on tour in springtime from now on, albums will have to be released in November! It makes loads of sense: a GOOD single in september, a couple of performances in those big autumn programs (The Voice, X Factor and all that) and even a good comeback as main performance in the EMAs (really, after i watched the show last Sunday, if Madonna performs there again people will be blown away, those acts that perform are soooo boring), and album with the second single or second single in january. From November on, she can focus on the tour and having young cocks in her vagina.

That's all.

:clap:

It's all such a waste.

I would have gone:

November: Masterpiece (with video)

February: Turn Up The Radio (also performed on Superbowl - the LUV Madonna chant included in Superbowl performance and on a remix of TUTR)

May: Girl Gone Wild I Fucked Up

July: Gang Bang (iTunes EP featuring remixes for Beautiful Killer and I'm A Sinner)

October: Love Spent

December: MDNA Remixed with selected album tracks and promo video for I'm Addicted

GMAYL would not be released and remain a leaked demo

YES with a minor change. GGW Tour opener only.

^ I agree, the main problem was TIMING. If she plans to go on tour in springtime from now on, albums will have to be released in November! It makes loads of sense: a GOOD single in september, a couple of performances in those big autumn programs (The Voice, X Factor and all that) and even a good comeback as main performance in the EMAs (really, after i watched the show last Sunday, if Madonna performs there again people will be blown away, those acts that perform are soooo boring), and album with the second single or second single in january. From November on, she can focus on the tour and having young cocks in her vagina.

That's all.

Not to mention fall releases sell loads better.

I don't think Guy has realized that in most parts of the world (Europe, Australia etc) it was like there was no album and singles out at all! Noone knew anything! No airplay, no promo, no push by the label. Nothing. Something shocking for a new Madonna album.

In America people knew about it. The payola deal, the Superbowl, billboards on highways around the country, Smirnoff ads on the TV promoting the album.

I began dating my partner in June who loves Madonna and has all her albums even Hard Candy and American Life and I had Turn Up The Radio on in the car and he said "Is that Madonna?" and I said yeah it's off MDNA and he said "what's that?" Now he has the album but seriously missed it.

Here in Australia, the album was promoted for one week with 15 second TV commercials and street posters. That's all. It debuted #1 and then out of the top 40 albums 2 weeks later. THat's right 3 weeks on the chart

The only other promo was that she had let her Australian fans down....again. Even the apology video got no attenion

I don't think Guy has realized that in most parts of the world (Europe, Australia etc) it was like there was no album and singles out at all! Noone knew anything! No airplay, no promo, no push by the label. Nothing. Something shocking for a new Madonna album.

In America people knew about it. The payola deal, the Superbowl, billboards on highways around the country, Smirnoff ads on the TV promoting the album.

Bull, GAYL video was played on advertise screens in every metro station in major european markets. It debuted even on giant screens in London and Paris.

Everyone knew she had a single and album soon out hence MDNA debuted in No.1 in 52 countries.

Bull, GAYL video was played on advertise screens in every metro station in major european markets. It debuted even on giant screens in London and Paris.

Everyone knew she had a single and album soon out hence MDNA debuted in No.1 in 52 countries.

It did not debut at no1 in so many countries. Hitting no1 on i-tunes for a little bit does not mean "debuted at no1".

And just because a screen played the video at 3pm on a Friday afternoon at Picadilly Circus in London means that people know about the album? Everyone I know in the UK has now idea what MDNA is and that M had a new album out. Let's not be delusional.

2cents.jpg

If I've said it once, I've said 100x...

1) BEAUTIFUL KILLER

2) LOVE SPENT

3) DOESN'T MATTER....

All preceded by MASTERPIECE in November 2011 as a soundtrack single, not first single from the album

2cents.jpg

If I've said it once, I've said 100x...

1) BEAUTIFUL KILLER

2) LOVE SPENT

3) DOESN'T MATTER....

All preceded by MASTERPIECE in November 2011 as a soundtrack single, not first single from the album

Add Gang Bang & it's perfect, including Masterpiece as a preceding lead...I agree.

The whole promo thing is axxagerated by fans 2 say the least, the only thing they r doing wrong imo

is trying 2 cater 2 whatever it is that they think sounds 'young' or 'radio friendly'...things like TUTR

& GMAYL & GGW r so obviously commissioned with that thought in mind.

It's like the dumbing down of the quality of her brand & people just don't care anymore. None of those

songs would have went anywhere, with or without promo, lead single or otherwise.

She's in that heritage category, although she has a unique dimension compared 2 Prince, Elton & the others...

since her ever evolving image is what people consider 2 b her prime trademark...She should focus on quality & authenticity.

& Sorry but GMAYL was everywhere in Europa, & it was shit everywhere...so :fag:

Add Gang Bang & it's perfect, including Masterpiece as a preceding lead...I agree.

The whole promo thing is axxagerated by fans 2 say the least, the only thing they r doing wrong imo

is trying 2 cater 2 whatever it is that they think sounds 'young' or 'radio friendly'...things like TUTR

& GMAYL & GGW r so obviously commissioned with that thought in mind.

It's like the dumbing down of the quality of her brand & people just don't care anymore. None of those

songs would have went anywhere, with or without promo, lead single or otherwise.

She's in that heritage category, although she has a unique dimension compared 2 Prince, Elton & the others...

since her ever evolving image is what people consider 2 b her prime trademark...She should focus on quality & authenticity.

& Sorry but GMAYL was everywhere in Europa, & it was shit everywhere...so :fag:

:clap: Thank you. No matter how much promo she did, GMAYL was never going to hit #1. It was a shitty song that was catchy for about 2 seconds, until you realized how stupid it was. GGW was boring and pointless and just Celebration part 2, which also went nowhere. The only thing I'm grateful for with that release was the video. :dramatic: But, I'd gladly give it up for the singles I listed.

When I listen to BK and LS I can't help but be aggravated by the tragic missed opportunities there. The videos could have been epic, if done right, and I honestly think they were her biggest chance at a respectable hit. Anybody can release generic crapfests like GMAYL, GGW, and TUTR. BK and LS are SIGNATURE Madonna songs. They would have been the best choices to showcase her as a true artist who is still making QUALITY music, rather than an aging artist who is desperate to participate in the absent-minded pop music that's all over radio today.

There have been a lot of bad single choices from Madonna in the past 10 years, but these 3 are just awful. Even the fact that BK was on the bonus edition is maddening. I don't know why I care so much... maybe I'm totally wrong about these choices, but obviously the ones that were released weren't good choices either. She is SO MUCH BETTER than those songs, but sadly most people will never know how much better because the best tracks were kept in the dark, and these bland singles were chosen to respresent the album. Which, I guarantee, is the main contributing factor in its disappointing sales. I'm sure, if I was a casual fan and didn't have a chance to hear the rest of the album, I would never have bought it based on the singles. This era could have been so much better. :(

Don't get me wrong, we got the MDNA tour out of it, which is apparently kick ass. But album-wise, it sucked.

Yes, that's how I feel about the single choices too.

She's so much better thant them. Just listen to MDNA and you'll see. They have to choose the best songs to represent the album and sell it. She used to do this before, without worrying if radio would play it or not.

:clap: Thank you. No matter how much promo she did, GMAYL was never going to hit #1. It was a shitty song that was catchy for about 2 seconds, until you realized how stupid it was. GGW was boring and pointless and just Celebration part 2, which also went nowhere. The only thing I'm grateful for with that release was the video. :dramatic: But, I'd gladly give it up for the singles I listed.

When I listen to BK and LS I can't help but be aggravated by the tragic missed opportunities there. The videos could have been epic, if done right, and I honestly think they were her biggest chance at a respectable hit. Anybody can release generic crapfests like GMAYL, GGW, and TUTR. BK and LS are SIGNATURE Madonna songs. They would have been the best choices to showcase her as a true artist who is still making QUALITY music, rather than an aging artist who is desperate to participate in the absent-minded pop music that's all over radio today.

There have been a lot of bad single choices from Madonna in the past 10 years, but these 3 are just awful. Even the fact that BK was on the bonus edition is maddening. I don't know why I care so much... maybe I'm totally wrong about these choices, but obviously the ones that were released weren't good choices either. She is SO MUCH BETTER than those songs, but sadly most people will never know how much better because the best tracks were kept in the dark, and these bland singles were chosen to respresent the album. Which, I guarantee, is the main contributing factor in its disappointing sales. I'm sure, if I was a casual fan and didn't have a chance to hear the rest of the album, I would never have bought it based on the singles. This era could have been so much better. :(

Don't get me wrong, we got the MDNA tour out of it, which is apparently kick ass. But album-wise, it sucked.

:clap:

You would have thought they would have listened to the negative feedback GMAYL got when it leaked.

It should NEVER have been the lead single. It basically killed the album. They should have used it

for the SB only.

It was a disaster, between the chart fuckup and radio 1 being ageist prigs she didn't have a chance in hell. It didn't help that she didn't do anything to move the album here, even though a month earlier W.E. was flying at us from every direction. Maybe if she'd pushed Masterpiece on the W.E. circuit it could have made a dent in the UK, people liked it and played it even though it wasn't an actual single.

:clap:/>

You would have thought they would have listened to the negative feedback GMAYL got when it leaked.

It should NEVER have been the lead single. It basically killed the album. They should have used it

for the SB only.

Sorry but there was no 'negative feedback' for the leak. Most loved it but as usual changed their minds when it flopped.

Acko is also wrong. It may have been different in some European countries (where gmayl was a success) but the UK public had no idea and still have no idea Madonna had a single out this year. GMAYL was played on music channels on its day of release and rapidly dropped. None of her singles videos have been played at all which is shocking. Music channels have suddenly become horrific with the same 4 or 5 songs played on every channel, it's unbelievable. I cant believe they forc this shit down our throats.

For instance Justin Bieber is not really a huge seller yet media and music channels jump on him like he's the new Jacko. It's embarrassing as he's not even had a number 1 hit .

It's as simple as this: traditional promo works. X factor gives massive boosts to sales/ charts to those who perform on it. X factor single handedly propped up Westlifes career for years otherwise we would have been rid of them much earlier. Ok if Madge feels she's above such shit fine: then do some other promo. Nothing comes for free you have to work and in this climate of lazy fuckers who can't be arsed buying albums that goes double

I agree the lead single killed the album. I love it, fans love it but how many non fans who are just after a great singalong want to chant about loving Madonna. It just never had a chance with the wider public and casual pop fans and l cant believe Madonna and camp didnt see that.

Its different if other artists chant your name (like the Barbara hit) but despite how light and fun GMAYL was it was a narcissistic indulgence that should have never been a single.

That said l am over expecting Madonna to chart singles so l am just grateful we got an awesome video for GMAYL. I love the MDNA era despite the Australia fiasco and know she could still have a killer no1 hit single, but not without a bit more inspiration and a wider vision than MDNA had.

I was listening to MDNA yesterday again, after many weeks, and now some songs are so incredibly touching for me. I mean, my relationship broke last july and these months are being hell, and listening to Love Spent, Falling Free, Best Friend... I feel so connected with those feelings. In fact, i had to turn off the music in the middle of Best Friend.

If we were in 1999, Love Spent would have been a perfect first single. Sadly we are in 2012 and music seems to go in a very strange direction. To be fair, Madonna tried and really hard, with songs like GGW or TUTR. But this music style doesn't suit her at all. That was the same with r'nb.

I wonder how music will evolve and if that moment comes i'm sure Madonna will have another BIG MOMENT!!!! Just as rock and grunge stopped back in 1996-1997 and Madonna went and made ROL.

I was listening to MDNA yesterday again, after many weeks, and now some songs are so incredibly touching for me. I mean, my relationship broke last july and these months are being hell, and listening to Love Spent, Falling Free, Best Friend... I feel so connected with those feelings. In fact, i had to turn off the music in the middle of Best Friend.

If we were in 1999, Love Spent would have been a perfect first single. Sadly we are in 2012 and music seems to go in a very strange direction. To be fair, Madonna tried and really hard, with songs like GGW or TUTR. But this music style doesn't suit her at all. That was the same with r'nb.

I wonder how music will evolve and if that moment comes i'm sure Madonna will have another BIG MOMENT!!!! Just as rock and grunge stopped back in 1996-1997 and Madonna went and made ROL.

To be fair, that's what most people did listening to that song. :laugh:

As for music evolving, you only have to listen to Gotye 'Someone That I Use To Know' to see that a different type of song doesn't have to be chart dross to be huge.

PS: to the person who said there was no negative reaction to the GMAYL demo, where we you? It was about 50/50! Go back and check the forums.

Exactly, Gayluv didn't get a great response at all. Some fans bombarded Guy on twitter and Orbit on Facebook and told them to change plans of it becoming the first single while others hoped the 'demo' would turn into something fresh and brillant on the album.

I can agree M is better than the singles from the album and I can agree that it would've been interesting from an artistic standpoint to see her go a "non traditional" route for the single choices instead choosing the most obvious potential "radio hits". It seems like some here are saying that those songs would've made MDNA more commercially successful and I just don't think that's the case. Having a bad ass video for GB and a trippy one for IA or an epic one for LS would've upped her "cool" factor for some I suppose, but obviously radio airplay is an integral part of having hit singles that will increase album sales and I'm not so sure any of the more "non traditional" single songs on the album would've done that either.

I'm Addicted, Love Spent and even Girl Gone WIld as first singles could have been hits with good videos and some performances here and there.

Gang Bang with a Tarantino video could be a world top 10 only with sales if they did it right, to build hype for the album.