Detroit, MI - 11/8/2012

iasonas

Is this the same setup (tech wise) as the other shows?

A7OxRXJCMAAKlqg.jpg

Is it at the tip of the triangle? Was it that high at the other shows?

That's above the right staircase when the ladies regroup before M flys solo on GB.

Just came back! I have NO WORDS! It was epic! Love Spent and Give It 2 Me were included! No Holiday.

From celebrities, David Arquette was in the triangle.

The show started at 10:40pm. No boos the show started late. Several boos about Obama but who cares.

Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, Vogue, Human Nature, Candy Shop, Celebration, Like a virgin, Love Spent, Like A Prayer were unbelievable!

KAT and I in the triangle!

521673_10151145932178282_1945362300_n.jpg

521585_10151145932518282_1233992822_n.jpg

558889_10151145936063282_1579914018_n.jpg

68427_10151145942983282_1118525646_n.jpg

59442_10151145942913282_612446071_n.jpg

69731_10151145946248282_271122656_n.jpg

480975_10151145947303282_340268932_n.jpg

604106_10151145952523282_1156445496_n.jpg

602448_10151145942728282_543974809_n.jpg

534756_10151145956918282_1374672175_n.jpg

Holy fuck!! Best night of my life! Met Guy, met Oakenfold, saw M's Dad (he was in a Detroit Red Wings jacket lol). The crowd didn't seem too agitated that she came on after 10:30 but I was in the GT where life was beautiful. What a SHOW. I loved every minute. It didn't even seem real!

As was reported, the pants came off again. Love Spent was gorgeous. She asked people to throw money on stage again. Rocco break danced during Open Your Heart. She got some boos for her Obama love but then she was like, "come on my dad is here, you gotta make me look good!" or something like that. She seemed to be in a very good mood. Her hair was ON point all night and she looked more gorgeous that I've ever imagined. Omg I'm fangirling like a boss right now. I had "my moment" too -- she looked directly at me coming down the catwalk during Human Nature and I got the moment on video.

I'll post more tomorrow when I'm coherent again!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Holy fuck!! Best night of my life! Met Guy, met Oakenfold, saw M's Dad (he was in a Detroit Red Wings jacket lol). The crowd didn't seem too agitated that she came on after 10:30 but I was in the GT where life was beautiful. What a SHOW. I loved every minute. It didn't even seem real!

As was reported, the pants came off again. Love Spent was gorgeous. She asked people to throw money on stage again. Rocco break danced during Open Your Heart. She got some boos for her Obama love but then she was like, "come on my dad is here, you gotta make me look good!" or something like that. She seemed to be in a very good mood. Her hair was ON point all night and she looked more gorgeous that I've ever imagined. Omg I'm fangirling like a boss right now. I had "my moment" too -- she looked directly at me coming down the catwalk during Human Nature and I got the moment on video.

I'll post more tomorrow when I'm coherent again!!!

this is the type of review i need to read. an experience.

wonderful. LCD XXX

KAT and I in the triangle!

521673_10151145932178282_1945362300_n.jpg

:inlove::queenbitch:

Kat wrote: "So much friggin LUV from Madonna tonight! She gave me her guitar pic (yes she made sure it got in my hands too) to the shout out on stage during her speech. She's like 'Katrina right' and when I said yes she's like 'so glad my Alzheimer's hasn't settled in' :lol: & then taking the rosary I gave her & putting it on during Like a Prayer! Thank you Madonna for sticking with your Detroit girl at the hometown show!"

Just got home. LOVED IT. The closest I've ever seen her. Definitely no regrets. LAV w/ Love Spent was glorious. The venue was PERFECT, my breath was taken when I saw how close the stage was! She was so beautiful when she came out all in black w/ that veil and gun. I moved even closer for 'Celebration' and saw her sooo close. I can't believe it. 48 bucks for a ticket A BARGAIN. Next time I'm going front row. No more screwing around I don't care what it costs. Congrats to all who were in GT tonight, it looked like you all were having a fantastic time and she was really interacting w/ you and she looked so happy!! Thanks JazzyJan and hyper for talking me into going this morning. It was MEMORABLE day!!

Will write more tomorrow, must go to bed.

Just got home. LOVED IT. The closest I've ever seen her. Definitely no regrets. LAV w/ Love Spent was glorious. The venue was PERFECT, my breath was taken when I saw how close the stage was! She was so beautiful when she came out all in black w/ that veil and gun. I moved even closer for 'Celebration' and saw her sooo close. I can't believe it. 48 bucks for a ticket A BARGAIN. Next time I'm going front row. No more screwing around I don't care what it costs. Congrats to all who were in GT tonight, it looked like you all were having a fantastic time and she was really interacting w/ you and she looked so happy!! Thanks JazzyJan and hyper for talking me into going this morning. It was MEMORABLE day!!

:clap::thumbsup:

glad you went and had a great time!!

this is the type of review i need to read. an experience.

wonderful. LCD XXX

I enjoy thoroughness ;) But yes that luscious hair was blonder and bigger than life. After seeing her from far away all these years, seeing her so close was just unreal.

More ramblings: the venue definitely seemed sold out or very close to it. It holds about 20,000 people maybe? Most of the seats were filled by show time and there were a lot of people dancing to Oakenfold too. He came into the GT to watch some of the show. Guy stood next to me right when she came out during GGW and at one point I looked at him in amazement because she was so close and he smiled and said "I know!" and he took a picture of me and the people around me reacting to her.

Her dad and family were seated outside the GT up front, so they got the full frontal view of LAV / Love Spent: Pants Free Edition. :lol: Of course Like A Prayer had everyone in the place acting like card carrying loons. M and her dancers all wore their OBMA shirts from Pittsburgh during Celebration.

Sloane, So pleased you went and had a fantastic time. You are such a great fan, you had to go ! Also LCD, just loved your review as well. You totally captured the excitement of it all. Jasonakos, what great photos ! Thanks Sloane, LCD and Jasonakos for posting your reviews and photos. This is the kind of stuff we want to read. Have seen some strange reviews on line from Detroit press, who I must say seem to always want to put Madonna down. You can tell straight away that these reporters are trying to downplay her success. God only knows why. Maybe they don't want to appear biased towards their own stars, I really don't have a clue why they seem negative. Anyway, who cares what they think when we can read all of the above posts from proper fans who really experience the concert.

It's called tall poppy syndrome.

Bluejean, you are spot on. I just thought that there comes a time when someone is so famous that the tall poppy syndrome would go by the wayside. But it is still happening with Madonna unfortunately.

I knew you would love it!