9 August - St. Petersburg

Msig

Full speech

We have the right to be free! To be who we are! It’s a very strange time in the world, I’m travelling around the world, and I feel it in the air; I feel that people are becoming more and more afraid of people who are different - people are becoming more and more intolerant. It’s a very scary time, but we can make a difference - we can change this! We have the power, and we don’t have to do it with violence, we just have to do it with love. Yes, I like this t-shirt [points to fan in the audience], let me read it out loud. “At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love”, and who said that? Martin Luther King said that, and he fought for the rights of African and African-American people, he fought for their rights to be equal, to be treated equal, to be treated with tolerance, love and human dignity. He fought and he died for this principle. Now, I’m here to say that the gay community and gay people here and all around the world have the same rights! The same right to be treated to dignity, with respect, with love! Yes, are you with me? If you’re with me, I want to see your pink arm band [given out before the show]. If you’re with me, raise your arm! And show your love and appreciation for the gay community! Are you with me? [crowd cheers], are you with me? [crowd cheers]. I said are you motherfucking with me?! [crowd roars]. Thank you. And this is for people who are quoting the Bible - Jesus preached this; Moses preached this; Muhammed preached this; it’s in every holy book - ‘love thy neighbour as thyself’. So, you cannot use religion to treat other people badly, you cannot use God’s name to treat other people badly. We all deserve love, so let’s go out into the world and spread this message of love and live our lives without fear! Amen.

-Madonna at the St. Petersburg concert in Russia, standing up to the oppressive Russian government, their anti-gay propaganda law, and their terrorist threats towards her.

If she was arrested she would totally be Top Dog in the prison straight away.

How true that is! .. unless Queen Bea was there. NO ONE takes Top Dog from Bea

val6.jpg

Val-Lehman.jpg

People are stating their opinions, Gaga comparisons are and will remain constant since Gaga first brought the Madonna comparisons to herself and Little Monsters have perpetuated them ever since

realityisalways I consistently love your posts :biggrin:

. :wow

Alright, who's next. . . .

Well there's no danger of that happening anyway, since M would have to get arrested in ...Australia

Do you think that the people wearing the pink bracelets, holding rainbow flags, or other things of the sort in the pictures and videos posted online by Madonna's people could be charged? I hope not.

Realistically speaking, I don't think the St. Petersburg police force has the resources to charge so many people (25,000) in such short time. In order to charge the person they would have to prove that they had been in the audience and worn a pink bracelet, held a rainbow flag.

Furthermore, it has come to my attention that the law adresses only "propaganda" towards minors. In other words, as far as I understand, in order to charge anyone, they would have to prove that there were Russian citizens aged 17 or younger in the audience.

Official wants Madonna prosecuted

http://www.dailytele...9-1226447267460

MADONNA should be prosecuted for violating a Russian ban on public statements supporting homosexuality, an official in the city of St Petersburg says.

The US pop star wilfully violated city codes on "gay propaganda" when she took to the stage in the Baltic Sea port late Thursday, city council official Vitaly Milonov was quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying.

Madonna and the concert organisers should be fined for her "illegal" statements at an event attended by people as young as 12, he said on Friday.

Witnesses were available to testify against the singer, Milonov added.

The St Petersburg city government would not permit "our society to be fed sewer water from the hellish kitchen of the evil empire," he said.

Madonna stripped down to her bra during the performance to reveal the words "No Fear" painted on her back.

She told her 25,000-strong audience she would speak out in support of homosexuality and other alternative lifestyles, even if laws banned such statements.

"Show your love and appreciation for the gay community! Are you with me?" Madonna said.

"All people should be treated with dignity, respect and love."

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who has frequently criticised Western social influences on Russian society, commenting on Twitter said: "What a has-been... in her old age she tries to lecture every one about morals. Especially when she is touring abroad."

In a performance in Moscow on Tuesday, Madonna called on authorities to release the three members of local punk band Pussy Riot who were put on trial after performing songs in a cathedral that were deemed to have been insulting to President Vladimir Putin.

NGO to seek action against Madonna for violation of homosexuality law

http://rapsinews.com.../264215797.html

264163706.jpg

ST. PETERSBURG, August 10 - RAPSI. A St. Petersburg NGO will file charges with a law enforcement agency claiming that Madonna violated a law on promoting homosexuality among minors, Vitaly Milonov, the author of the law and a Legislative Assembly deputy, told RIA Novosti. Madonna performed in St. Petersburg on Thursday.

During her scandalous MDNA tour show, Madonna asked the audience to be more friendly to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.

"There are witnesses and tapes and recordings confirming that there were 12-year old children... we will file a complaint with law enforcement authorities so that she or the organizers can be held liable" the deputy said. He added that NGOs had their members at the show to monitor compliance with moral standards.

The St. Petersburg law on banning the promotion of homosexuality and pedophilia among the under-aged came into effect on March 30. Now any citizen who violates the law can be fined in St. Petersburg for administrative violations.

Pursuant to the law, any public statement aimed at promoting sodomy, lesbianism, bisexualism or transgender among minors, is subject to an administrative fine of 5,000 rubles ($158) for individuals, 50,000 rubles ($1,578) for officials, and 250,000 - 500,000 rubles ($7,890 - 15,778) for legal entities.

Official wants Madonna prosecuted

http://www.dailytele...9-1226447267460

MADONNA should be prosecuted for violating a Russian ban on public statements supporting homosexuality, an official in the city of St Petersburg says.

The US pop star wilfully violated city codes on "gay propaganda" when she took to the stage in the Baltic Sea port late Thursday, city council official Vitaly Milonov was quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying.

Madonna and the concert organisers should be fined for her "illegal" statements at an event attended by people as young as 12, he said on Friday.

Witnesses were available to testify against the singer, Milonov added.

The St Petersburg city government would not permit "our society to be fed sewer water from the hellish kitchen of the evil empire," he said.

:rotfl:

As opposed to their saintly empire based on what is in fact a greedy violent dictatorship fully condoned by the Church

:rotfl:

As opposed to their saintly empire based on what is in fact a greedy violent dictatorship fully condoned by the Church

WOWOWOW :rotfl:

He must have learnt the lyrics to "Gang Bang":

And I'm going straight to hell

And I've got a lot of friends there

But honestly, if those loons are representatives of the Heavenly gates, then I'd much rather stay in the hellish kitchen of my evil empire

:dead:

I love how Madonna's 'gay activism' is just part of her filosophy as an artist, as in her message of individuality & self expression.

Unlike other people who r totally 'cultivated' that way :fag:

Guest Not4Pussies

I love how Madonna's 'gay activism' is just part of her filosophy as an artist, as in her message of individuality & self expression.

Unlike other people who r totally 'cultivated' that way :fag:

amen.

a bit off-topic, but Bjork has just posted this on her FB page:

dear folks

here comes a statement in defense of pussy riot :

as a musician and a mother i would like to express i fiercely dont agree with them being put to jail because of their peaceful protest performance . they are currently standing trial and facing seven years in prison for this .

in my opinion the russian authorities should let them go home to their families and children

i would like to invite pussy riot to join me in a particular song on stage : which was written for all enhancement of justice ( you can guess : once , which one )

warmth , björk

That means Queendonna's statements reached their purpose :wow: