4 July - Gothenburg

Msig

Yeah the terrible song, the cheap beat, cheesy choreography... I don't blame the crowd lolol

The opening sequence starts on a high but then fall flat as soon as Girl Gone Wild begins.

You are such a bitter pill. On every forum you are constantly throwing out your negativity and relishing on anything that is bad. I kind of feel bad for the owners of Madonnatribe because they seem like nice people, but there are people like you who make that place kind of unbearable. If they regulate the place more, then people complain. Even the owners can't express an opinion of support or clarify a point that is somehow in Madonna's favor without having a pack of sharks go after them. I don't understand why people like you don't just take a break from Madonna. There are others on that forum (and other places) who clearly have as a favorite now someone else, but can't let go of Madonna and have to attack her constantly. I don't understand this but it seems like a common occurrence with "former fans."

Yeah the terrible song, the cheap beat, cheesy choreography... I don't blame the crowd lolol

The opening sequence starts on a high but then fall flat as soon as Girl Gone Wild begins.

OH please!! That opener regardless of whether people know the song or not is FUCKING STELLAR!!!

just watch the Milan, Florence, or Rome shows to understand that.

Every single person (MADONNA fan or not) I have shown the GGW opening to....is totally blown away.......some gays are even wanting to learn the choregraphy.

Its a MINDBLOWING opening! especially the dance break!.......the set...the lighting....the opening...the song....the choreography....the dancers....and the QUEEN!! giving you evvvvvvvvvvvvvvverything!!

if you dont like that?!! then might I suggest a Janet Jackson/Britney spears mess..........or a Gaga low budget...castle DISASTER!

You are such a bitter pill. On every forum you are constantly throwing out your negativity and relishing on anything that is bad. I kind of feel bad for the owners of Madonnatribe because they seem like nice people, but there are people like you who make that place kind of unbearable. If they regulate the place more, then people complain. Even the owners can't express an opinion of support or clarify a point that is somehow in Madonna's favor without having a pack of sharks go after them. I don't understand why people like you don't just take a break from Madonna. There are others on that forum (and other places) who clearly have as a favorite now someone else, but can't let go of Madonna and have to attack her constantly. I don't understand this but it seems like a common occurrence with "former fans."

I don't go on every forums and I do love madonnatribe :sassy:

I love Madonna but I don't love everything she does. I just say my opinion, that's all. The show does looks stunning but I think the Girl Gone Wild opening looks like a drag queen show lolol. I am still looking forward to see it. I am sorry it hurts your feeling that I think the songs is awful.

I don't go on every forums and I do love madonnatribe :sassy:

I love Madonna but I don't love everything she does. I just say my opinion, that's all. The show does looks stunning but I think the Girl Gone Wild opening looks like a drag queen show lolol. I am still looking forward to see it. I am sorry it hurts your feeling that I think the songs is awful.

I guess my commentary flew right over your head. I don't personally care what you think about the song itself (it's not even one of my favorites), it's your general attitude wherever you go that is irksome. You have to shit on everything every couple minutes and rain on everyone's parade especially when they are enjoying something. You HAVE to find something negative to justify your feelings or your position. It's like you thrive off of that and there are several people like you. You know who they are. Express your opinion, but do we really need it 100 times when you are saying the same thing over and over? No, thanks. It's as if you are only content when everyone shares your negativity.

I guess my commentary flew right over your head. I don't personally care what you think about the song itself (it's not even one of my favorites), it's your general attitude wherever you go that is irksome. You have to shit on everything every couple minutes and rain on everyone's parade especially when they are enjoying something. You HAVE to find something negative to justify your feelings or your position. It's like you thrive off of that and there are several people like you. You know who they are. Express your opinion, but do we really need it 100 times when you are saying the same thing over and over? No, thanks. It's as if you are only content when everyone shares your negativity.

Don't take it that way, I say positive things too, you just don't notice them ;)

I will more careful next time, I promise :smooch:

Apparently this was just before the show!! is it true?? I hope not!!!

Ullevi.jpg

Oh dear. Still its hardly surprising, The commercial failure of the album/singles, non traditional promo (which hasn't worked) not enough hits played for the casual fans, plus high ticket prices and peoples unhappy with S&S. i think next time round unless she has a huge hit album she will be playing arenas

I don't know why nowadays fans take the role of manager or whatever, as she said it more than once and more than twice, she creates her show, like it or not, and thanks god she is not thinking about hardcore fans or casual fans or anyone else, she is just doing her show, you want it, you pay for it (as for the rest of the artists) and you enjoy it. Whatever she does first is not the point, whatever she does is gonna be misunderstood, judged, loved, scrutinised and so on ... guys and gals, just enjoy having the most amazing performer in the whole world and her f***** decissions.

Her tickets are spensif, the songs list is not good enough, the costumes are not glamorous, the videos are not good as they were ... there will always be a critic anyway, if you consider yourself as a fan, and not a crazy stalker, accept it, enjoy it and do not ask for more, because that is not the way it happens, to be a bitch there are all the press, lady gaga and other artists fans and whatever to bitch on, so just try to enjoy and you know what, if she does a show only with one person on the stadium / arena, i would love to be that one, not minding if it's a sell out or not. That's the way i enjoyed my Coimbra show, forgetting the sell out or maybe not sell out show and not caring about anything else but the greatest spectacle on earth right now.

Sorry about being maybe rude but it is tiring sometimes

Please please we really need to have a multi angle release on Blu Ray. It's just too much. It looks cool from the closer perspective but you are missing the overall picture . So we need the wide shots. And that opening is EVERYTHING. People in the audience are in awe how this builds up until the start of GGW because it looks and sounds so epic and it's so spooky. And so loud. The first time the thunder roars :shock:. It comes out of nowhere and people are in complete shock for a moment. I've watched some videos on youtube but it just doesn't come across as spectacular as it really is. This must be seen live.

Apparently this was just before the show!! is it true?? I hope not!!!

Ullevi.jpg

this can´t be true!

again, an arena will be packed! and everybody will be mor pleased, as she is closer!!

this is so sad, I´m sure she wasn´t pleased when she saw this...

this can´t be true!

again, an arena will be packed! and everybody will be mor pleased, as she is closer!!

this is so sad, I´m sure she wasn´t pleased when she saw this...

I checked the stats for Cardiff and like Sweden it has a capacity of 75 000 people for concerts.

In Cardiff it was considered sold out with 33 000 and made over 5 million $.

So that Sweden show wasn't so bad after all if it really had 40 000.

It looked like there were more people in the other pictures and videos after the show started, although it wasn't completely full. Don't think the capacity for her stage setup is 75k, because last time it was 60k and it was very packed and truly sold out, not just technically. It makes the nearly 120k that Madonna sold during Sticky so much more impressive. The current "it" girl LG apparently sold 30k tickets in Sweden, Madonna sold 40k. Of course it would look better spread out over 3 arena shows instead of 1 stadium that didn't look full, but given her schedule this time, it probably wouldn't work out.

Don't think the capacity for her stage setup is 75k, because last time it was 60k and it was very packed and truly sold out, not just technically.

But the field's been expanded since. Before the capacity was circa 60 000 people, but since they expanded the field this spring, it takes about 15 000 more.

well allz i know is i hope we all know at the end of august - i hope they release the boxscore numbers - when the european tour is over and done with

Of course it would look better spread out over 3 arena shows instead of 1 stadium that didn't look full, but given her schedule this time, it probably wouldn't work out.

She did have two days off after the Gothenburg show, so a 2nd Swedish date would easily have fitted into the schedule.

She could easily have sold out two shows at the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm (16,000) or Malmö Arena in Malmö (15,500).

The Ericsson Globe would probably be the better choice, as Malmö Arena is located only 30 minutes from Copenhagen.

I didn't know the stadium had been changed, so what's the capacity for a center stage concert versus an end stage one?

She doesn't play Fridays, so she only had Wednesday and Thursday to play and since she was playing Monday in Denmark (with only Tuesday off) and Saturday & Sunday in Amsterdam, that seems like too much in one week. It's also not enough to fit in a 3rd show to cover at least 40k. However, I think had she played arenas in Stockholm instead of Gothenburg, perhaps she would've sold more than the 40k she did sell so she might've packed that 3rd arena show.

Stockholm seems like a better choice (with a different schedule though) because she had played Gothenburg during the last tour and she played to nearly 120k people. Maybe she'll skip Sweden next time, or play Stockholm.

Stockholm seems like a better choice (with a different schedule though) because she had played Gothenburg during the last tour and she played to nearly 120k people. Maybe she'll skip Sweden next time, or play Stockholm.

If she ends up playing in Stockholm on the next tour, there'll be 2 potential venues: The 67,500 capacity Friends Arena (largest stadium in the Nordics, with a retractable roof) and the 16,000 capacity Ericsson Globe.

She performed in the latter in 2000, at the MTV EMAs.

that is a huge difference though in capacity

and if she did sell 40,000 with one show, why bother with mulitiple shows at a 16,000 arena seater

and if she did sell 40,000 with one show, why bother with mulitiple shows at a 16,000 arena seater

for her fans, she can do it to keep the fans happy.It´s really sad to `pay 150 euros for a ticket and have to watch at the screens all the time.Her show is full details, her dance moves...everything.It must be seen close enough

I completely forgot about the Tele2 Arena, also in Stockholm, which is under construction and will be opened in July 2013.

It's a stadium with a retractable roof and a concert capacity of 40,000.

Another potential Swedish venue would be Swedbank Stadion in Malmö, a stadium with a concert capacity of 30,000.

She could easily sell out 2 shows there if she skips Denmark, as Malmö is located only 30 kilometres form Copenhagen.

I completely forgot about the Tele2 Arena, also in Stockholm, which is under construction and will be opened in July 2013.

Another potential Swedish venue would be Swedbank Stadion in Malmö, a stadium with a concert capacity of 30,000.

She could easily sell out 2 shows there if she skips Denmark, as Malmö is located only 30 kilometres form Copenhagen.

omg how many staduims u guys got! and just how big is sweden for all these staduims!??! lol i love sweden though

omg how many staduims u guys got! and just how big is sweden for all these staduims!??! lol i love sweden though

For a country with 9.5 million inhabitants, Sweden has MANY stadiums. These are the biggest:

Ullevi, Gothenburg - 43,000 (75,000 for concerts)

Råsunda, Stockholm - 36,600

Swedbank Stadion, Malmö - 25,000

Gamla Ullevi, Gothenburg - 18,800

Nya Parken, Norrköping - 17,200

Olympia, Helsingborg - 17,000

Borås Arena, Borås - 17,000

Söderstadion, Stockholm - 15,600

Örjans Vall, Halmstad - 15,000 (27,200 for concerts)

Behrn Arena, Örebro - 14,500 (22,500 for concerts)

Stockholms Stadion, Stockholm - 14,400 (32,000 for concerts)

Under construction

Friends Arena, Stockholm - 53,000 (67,500 for concerts)

Tele2 Arena, Stockholm - 30,000 (40,000 for concerts)

However, Råsunda and Söderstadion will be demolished once Friends Arena and Tele2 Arena, respectively, have opened.

God I can't wait til the tour hits the USA. Not that I'm expecting universal praise or anything like that but the vibe WILL be better than all this ho-hum, hum-drum north European shit (no offense). She's just over saturated the market there these past few years I suppose and she's become more US-centric in recent years and idk...just seems like Europe is kinda pissed about that....UK especially.

Oddly, it seems like she's more appreciated in the US these days than Europe....big switch from 10 years ago, Super Bowl helped her here a whole lot.

God I can't wait til the tour hits the USA. Not that I'm expecting universal praise or anything like that but the vibe WILL be better than all this ho-hum, hum-drum north European shit (no offense). She's just over saturated the market there these past few years I suppose and she's become more US-centric in recent years and idk...just seems like Europe is kinda pissed about that....UK especially.

Oddly, it seems like she's more appreciated in the US these days than Europe....big switch from 10 years ago, Super Bowl helped her here a whole lot.

I'm not sure I understand why you have this impression. I'd like to daydream this was the case but I'm constantly fighting off Madonna-hate from everyone except the few middle-aged woman who respect her for her longevity but no longer care for her since she's not "the same" Madonna from the 80's. Same old story as always and except maybe Ray of Light and Confessions was appreciated.

If she ends up playing in Stockholm on the next tour, there'll be 2 potential venues: The 67,500 capacity Friends Arena (largest stadium in the Nordics, with a retractable roof) and the 16,000 capacity Ericsson Globe.

Personally, on the next go-around, she should do that Tele2 Arena in Stockholm. It will be of appropriate size for her. And if the results are good, she could do the Friends Arena later on down the road.

By the way- Why do all big artists do Ullevi in Gothenburg whenever they go to Sweden? I thought Stockholm has a highest population in the Kingdom?