June 20 Barcelona

ashtangi74

must say...totally disagree with your review!! there wasn't one thing that wasn't perfect...all songs included, and Revolver too!!!

:confessions:

worse: people are paying a lot for the show, she plays 8 new songs, so at least keep the old songs in a recognizable shape.

everytime the show starts going up and up and up, she sings a song that stops people from being crazy...I prefer when the shows go from the least to the marvellous.Ok, you know what I mean, I´m tired...

and, I liked that in her last tour she interacted a little bit with the public.really, she should do it again.

the last thing.We know that she doesn´t do encores, that all her shows are edxactly the same...she should change that. I mean,she should do encores.In fact, LAP and Celebration sounded like they were encores.But, what i´m trying to say is that it seems that she want´s to finish the show as soon as possible! wait 5 fucking minutes between the last 2-3 songs and you will kill everybody with a heart attack dancing, shouting and jumping!

and now, another suggestion.Hopefully she will notice it. Youtube is killing all the surprise of the shows. so, why can´t she bring a little surprise? is it really difficult to rehears 5-6 more songs, and change them as she pleases every night? I´m not asking about being Bruce springsteen, but, she could do the entire same show everywhere, and, then, as an encore,1 or 2 songs that change every night deppending on her mood...is it so difficult?

must say...totally disagree with your review!! there wasn't one thing that wasn't perfect...all songs included, and Revolver too!!!

:confessions:

I liked revolver, but she has so many songs that...and you liked it, i enjoyed it, but you can´t imagine the amount of people that went for a beer during the song in front of me! I felt insulted!!!jajajaja! they should show her more respect!!

the last thing.We know that she doesn´t do encores, that all her shows are edxactly the same...she should change that. I mean,she should do encores.In fact, LAP and Celebration sounded like they were encores.But, what i´m trying to say is that it seems that she want´s to finish the show as soon as possible! wait 5 fucking minutes between the last 2-3 songs and you will kill everybody with a heart attack dancing, shouting and jumping!

and now, another suggestion.Hopefully she will notice it. Youtube is killing all the surprise of the shows. so, why can´t she bring a little surprise? is it really difficult to rehers 5-6 more songs, and change them as she pleases every night? I´m not asking about being Bruce springsteen, but, she could the the entire same show everywhere, and, then, as an encore,1 or 2 songs that change every night deppending on her mood...is it so difficult?

with this i agree more....

ahahah!! true!!! i've already written in an another thread that maybe the only one thing that left me perplexrd it's been the end...."thank you" and all it's finished abruptly.....it was an ideal time for a real encore...

People dont get the diference between performace with a concept and regular concert. Madonna doesent play regular concert like others do. She is playing something that we could call live video performance with theatar elements. It is familiar as art. So. Songs are following idea of concept. Nothing in it you cant get literaly. She s not shallow. Try to think a bit and open your mind. If you wanna listen hits TURN UP THE RADIO she sings as your answer. Buy CD. Whatever.

I would be sad if she did a surprise song that I love in other shows and in my show she does "Incredible" from HC.

I don't think is a good idea. This way is more fair to all the fans around the world.

Guest Lovesong

Madonna is a different kind of performer. so she wouldn't change stuff during a tour. she rehearsed every little detail, ever little move. lighting, costumes, actions, etc. i think maybe she'll only when she makes a second leg ... like she did was S&S. this is really a show, this is not just a concert. that's the difference. even though I'd love to see Madonna doing a real concert concept, so more stripped down. and just more focused on the music. would like that just for 1 tour or a couple of mini shows.. :laugh:

but yeah, she's Madonna. so I guess it will always be shows like this? (or maybe not?) I love her shows like the way they are. they are so incredible, never get really bored with them even when they are the same every time.

Guest Not4Pussies

YouTube is killing the show? I haven't watched a single clip on YouTube and not seeing her til Oct. If anyone is killing the show is people who go on YouTube to watch the videos. While M does the show she wants.

Guest northernlad

I take it there's no request section this time... I wonder if she might add a bit of that by the time the tour arrives in America.

People dont get the diference between performace with a concept and regular concert. Madonna doesent play regular concert like others do. She is playing something that we could call live video performance with theatar elements. It is familiar as art. So. Songs are following idea of concept. Nothing in it you cant get literaly. She s not shallow. Try to think a bit and open your mind. If you wanna listen hits TURN UP THE RADIO she sings as your answer. Buy CD. Whatever.

:thumbsup: and fans should be happy of the research and changes she makes on songs...and aside that i'm happy to go at a concert of hers even if she sings the yellow pages....i know what she can brings to me and i know will surprise me....luckly i don't get the same versions all the time...

That's what I was thinking. Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure this kind of show really calls for an encore.....on the other hand, even BA had encores, so she could prob make it work somehow. Really though, the lack of encores is something people have been complaining about for a while now. Even if she would just have a short pause after IAS and before starting LAP then it would seem more like an encore. Kind of like she did before Holiday and Music on DWT. Also, the past few tours the ending song went on for about 10 minutes, this one is shorter and less interaction with the crowd so it just seems more abrupt especially compared to S&S.

That's what I was thinking. Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure this kind of show really calls for an encore.....on the other hand, even BA had encores, so she could prob make it work somehow. Really though, the lack of encores is something people have been complaining about for a while now. Even if she would just have a short pause after IAS and before starting LAP then it would seem more like an encore. Kind of like she did before Holiday and Music on DWT. Also, the past few tours the ending song went on for about 10 minutes, this one is shorter and less interaction with the crowd so it just seems more abrupt especially compared to S&S.

exactly

and now, another suggestion.Hopefully she will notice it. Youtube is killing all the surprise of the shows. so, why can´t she bring a little surprise? is it really difficult to rehears 5-6 more songs, and change them as she pleases every night? I´m not asking about being Bruce springsteen, but, she could do the entire same show everywhere, and, then, as an encore,1 or 2 songs that change every night deppending on her mood...is it so difficult?

It actually is quite difficult when you are performing songs with a lot of other people, band members and dancers. You have to rehearse the songs in coordination with all these other people and do it over and over to make it sound good. The majority of bands that play songs with a group of people working together play a very similiar set list from night to night. The artists that tend to change the set list are more solo artists who are performing songs by themselves on guitar or piano. Tori Amos would be a great example of that. So it's easier for them to just throw on some different song without the coordinated rehearsal.

As hard core Madonna fans who follow her closely on the Internet, we all go to youtube and watch clips. But I don't think the majority of ticket buyers do it, so I don't think it's that big an issue.

It actually is quite difficult when you are performing songs with a lot of other people, band members and dancers. You have to rehearse the songs in coordination with all these other people and do it over and over to make it sound good. The majority of bands that play songs with a group of people working together play a very similiar set list from night to night. The artists that tend to change the set list are more solo artists who are performing songs by themselves on guitar or piano. Tori Amos would be a great example of that. So it's easier for them to just throw on some different song without the coordinated rehearsal.

As hard core Madonna fans who follow her closely on the Internet, we all go to youtube and watch clips. But I don't think the majority of ticket buyers do it, so I don't think it's that big an issue.

it could be difficult to perform the new songs, if they are not rehearsed, but with rehearsals I can´t see it being diffuclt. And, about the lights and everything,I´m sure that, madonna herself without a lot of difficult things could fill the stage.Keep it simple, and 5 songs to choose from.

and, when I saw the DWT the first night, everything went together, without the separation for Holiday: she changed it in 2001, and I´m sure she will this time too.Also, as somebody has said, Give it 2 me was longer than celebration, and the interaction was huge by her standars

Guest bluejean

It's not that hard to add extra songs. Especially since there would be songs that were rehearsed that they didn't end up including. Other artists that do shows similar to Madonna do it. She doesn't do that because she doesn't want to.

I think she should though. She can throw extra songs into the guitar sections or do the classic versions of Holiday or Music as an encore. The crowd would love it.

YouTube is killing the show? I haven't watched a single clip on YouTube and not seeing her til Oct. If anyone is killing the show is people who go on YouTube to watch the videos. While M does the show she wants.

Totally agree. You don't want to be spoiled? Just don't watch the videos.

Guest Bucky

Hi, did anyone bought the early entrance ticket? If yes, did you had a chance to get into the pit (golden triangle)? Thank you very much

In the end I managed to get to this show as well :D

Arrived in Barcelona on wednesday around 7:00pm and alone. Went to the hotel, left my stuff and, since I was just a few blocks away from the Palau Sant Jordi, decided to go there around 9:00pm mainly to buy the merchandise beforehand and not have to carry a bag with me during the show the following night.

Since Martin Solveig's set had already started, by then the few resellers who were there started dropping the ticket prices if you played hard to get. Temptation got the best of me and I ended up getting a floor ticket for cheap and quickly ran inside the venue. Since I was on my own it wasn't too hard to get about 5 people away from the tip of the triangle, a bit towards the left. By then, Solveig's set was already over and the main stage was already set up and visible to the audience. I was surprised by how smaller it looked inside the arena, probably had lots to do with the lack of the MDNA roof.

The show started and the place went crazy. Wow. "Girl Gone Wild" is definitely one of her best openings ever. Insanely good. The crowd loved it and sang along. The whole "Church of Madonna" thing going on for the intro was a great idea.

She welcomed us during the intro to "Revolver" and asked if we were ready for the MDNA Tour. I've always liked the song and the performance didn't dissapoint. It gets extra points for being the first time she got closer to us on the catwalk.

"Gang Bang" is so badass. Definite highlight. Works much better than what I imagined.

I had no idea she was doing "Papa Don't Preach" so it was a great surprise. Shame it was so heavily cut off though.

"Hung Up" was visually great but I'm not too fond of this new arrangment. Most people didn't seem to get too much into it either.

I loved "I Don't Give A". Crowtastic but that was to be expected. Nicki's video was fun. And that ending rising between the lights and the cross! Wow. Iconic.

The "Best Friend / Heartbeat" interlude didn't do much for me.

"Express Yourself" got the crowd going and was a great live moment. "Born This Way" is kinda superfluous, I think it would've been better without it, but it's still great, fantastic energy.

I'm not the biggest GMAYL fan but the new arrangement was great live and people seemed to be very into it. The whole floating drummers thing looked really cool.

"Turn Up the Radio" works really well live. Maybe planets could align for this one single-wise, it's a real crowd pleaser.

I didn't know she was doing "Open Your Heart", another fun surprise. The arrangement and mash up work well live, especially the dancing. I loved it.

"Masterpiece" was beautiful. She had some great vocals on it.

"Justify My Love"... Where do I begin? She looks so fucking hot on this video, it's hard to think this is some 22 years after the original. Here's hoping we get this one as a bonus material for the dvd/bluray. Excellent.

"Vogue" was great as usual, and was one of the songs that got a better reaction from the audience.

"Candy Shop" rocked. Totally unexpected. Loved the Raffaella Carrà thing going on during the "Erotica" mash up. I wonder if it's intentional, because it's clearly the "Tuca Tuca" dance.

This is probably the best "Human Nature" performance she's ever done. Great adaptation of the video concept and vibe.

I understand what she was going for with "Like a Virgin" and she did a kick ass job with it, a definite "diva" moment. Highly dramatic and teatrical, but most people were very "wtf" so I'm not sure if this was the best choice.

"Nobody Knows Me" picks up where "Get Stupid" left off and brings it further. Great political/socially charged interlude. Would also love to see this one in the bonus material.

"I'm Addicted" is a song designed to bring the house down and lives up to it in concert. A highlight. Crowtastic but whatever. And she looked so fucking beautiful up close, even if the outfit was a bit odd. Great choreography.

"I'm A Sinner" was great, loved the trains and the weird "Cyberraga" cameo with Madonna going all Kula Shaker on us. She acts as if everybody should know this one though, it's odd hehehe.

"Like a Prayer" was pretty straightforward but it's such a classic she really doesn't need to do much with it, she might as well just stand there and sing it and people will love it. Brought the house down.

It was a bit unexpected -and abrupt- way to finish the show, but "Celebration" was great and everyone was jumping and singing along. Fun choreography. And that bass line bouncing all through the place. Great stuff. And I thought it was great to include elements of "Girl Gone Wild" in it, very full-circle.

Leaves you wanting for more.

Overall, yet another fantastic tour from Madonna, up there with the greats. And I can't stress enough how incredible her energy is throughout the show and how beautiful she looks.

Can't wait for the bluray so I can enjoy it again, relive these two fantastic nights and appreciate all the little details I probably missed.

@Bucky: the bracelets for the golden triangle are given away through an "iPad lottery". There's this girl that goes through the line with an iPad, you have to click on its screen and the app says if you won or not. As far as I'm aware her first stop is the early ticket line and at least yesterday she went twice through it before going to the general admission line. When I got to the golden triangle there were at least about 60 people inside already, who were the winners from the Early Tickets line.

Are you really bitching about the best fucking show on earth? She was really interactive in Italy, maybe she just left her heart over here and doesn't give a shit about Spain lol

Noooooo! i´m expressing my opinion: I´m not bitching, i´m not that way..Everybody has an opinion, right? and, as I already said, I will be going to the show again, I liked the show, but I wanted to share my feelings about it.Sorry if people don´t like them, and, of course, enjoy the show!!!