MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest Fukujima

^^

Thank u for posting! Sounds like great news. I just wish they wouldn't compare it to LAP because that's just going to set people up for disappointment IMO. Let's face it, NOTHING she does will probably ever beat that....but I will gladly eat my words if this album does indeed end up being as good as LAP. Perhaps GMAYL is the "Cherish" of MDNA?? :)

:)

i just hope everything is really quiet on purpose

Ahh! Completely forgot about Frozen & LTT!! LOL! what a flop fan!

Personally I dont consider DAD & Everybody as 1st single since they were released way before album came out....

anyway, my impression is that GMAYL being first single and placed kinda middle of the album track list means it wouldn't represent the sound of the album & M probably like other tracks better...

Nope... "Everybody" was the final and 8th track

"Live To Tell" was the 4th track

"Frozen" was the 9th track

"Die Another Day" was the 10th track

^^

Thank u for posting! Sounds like great news. I just wish they wouldn't compare it to LAP because that's just going to set people up for disappointment IMO. Let's face it, NOTHING she does will probably ever beat that....but I will gladly eat my words if this album does indeed end up being as good as LAP. Perhaps GMAYL is the "Cherish" of MDNA?? :)

What I got from that is not they were saying it will be as good as LAP. I don't think anything by any artist not just Madonna can ever equal that for me. But that it will have a wide diversity of styles and themes like LAP. As it said, on LAP you have the real serious stuff like Till Death Do US Part, Oh Father, dancey stuff like Express Yourself and WTF songs like Love song and Act of Contrition.

I feel like on both Confessions and Hard Candy, there is more one style and one theme and so I'm looking forward to something more eclectic and mixed up like LAP.

GONE, the guy on Drownedmadonna who seems to have connections on M's camp and gave some news that turned out to be true in the recent past, just posted this:

"

This is ugly guys. The song is going to continue to do well, face it. MDNA is NOTHING like this song. Even Solveig said they would've changed the lead single had Nicki and M.I.A. not been involved...all of the promotions tie into this as well. There won't be a lot of performances of GMAYL, but there will be performances from the album. Everything is incredibly quiet, on purpose.

Mixes from Price, Orbit and Solveig do exist, and I'm assuming are the bonus tracks on the deluxe version. I've been told they are incredible, some just feature Madonna. From what I've been told this album is very much like Like a Prayer. Some truly amazing songs that will touch and hit close to home with a lot of people, some songs that will make you think, WTF?, and some songs that will just make you move."

" I can reveal that everyone involved with GMAYL was devastated at the leaking of the track, and unlike past times, another choice was made for release. Unfortunately both M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj had worked their releases and promotions around GMAYL and the Super Bowl as well. W.E. wasn't meant to conflict with the album. Nothing has been announced, but she will be doing promo concerts and appearances, a lot in the U.S. "

:wow:

TORTURE! March 26th can't come soon enough!

:)

i just hope everything is really quiet on purpose

I'm sure it is! If Madonna didn't want it quiet around her, it probably wouldn't be right now. :) She seems to turn it on and off at the snap of a finger. To think just 2 weeks ago even *I* was in danger of too much Madonna saturation (if such a thing is possible)!! :dramatic: Of course a lot of that was my own fault but she was everywhere a couple weeks ago, now it's just so quiet....almost ominous....it's the calm before the storm! A good storm though....great album...great reviews....great videos....the best tour ever!! :D

What I got from that is not they were saying it will be as good as LAP. I don't think anything by any artist not just Madonna can ever equal that for me. But that it will have a wide diversity of styles and themes like LAP. As it said, on LAP you have the real serious stuff like Till Death Do US Part, Oh Father, dancey stuff like Express Yourself and WTF songs like Love song and Act of Contrition.

I feel like on both Confessions and Hard Candy, there is more one style and one theme and so I'm looking forward to something more eclectic and mixed up like LAP.

Makes sense! :) I hope you're right! I would love a more eclectic album like LAP (or even TB as odd as that may sound to some). GMAYL gives me hope that there may be a couple songs with a little rock vibe to them, I've wanted her to do that for so long. It does look like it's shaping up to be quite a mixture of different sounds. So far we have:

GMAYL- straight pop-rock like she hasn't done in a while/60's vibe

Masterpiece- mid-tempo ballad...I'd say this one is somewhere in between her "ballads" in recent years (think MA, DWRY, IDI, NF etc) and her old ballads (think LTT, OF, YS etc).

GGW- straight up dance, very COADF

TUTR- same as GGW

Birthday Song- IDK about this one yet, sounds almost more in line with GMAYL yet I'm thinking this could be the "Spanish Lesson"/"Isaac"/"Shanti"/"Act Of Contrition" of MDNA.

GONE, the guy on Drownedmadonna who seems to have connections on M's camp and gave some news that turned out to be true in the recent past, just posted this:

"

This is ugly guys. The song is going to continue to do well, face it. MDNA is NOTHING like this song. Even Solveig said they would've changed the lead single had Nicki and M.I.A. not been involved...all of the promotions tie into this as well. There won't be a lot of performances of GMAYL, but there will be performances from the album. Everything is incredibly quiet, on purpose.

Mixes from Price, Orbit and Solveig do exist, and I'm assuming are the bonus tracks on the deluxe version. I've been told they are incredible, some just feature Madonna. From what I've been told this album is very much like Like a Prayer. Some truly amazing songs that will touch and hit close to home with a lot of people, some songs that will make you think, WTF?, and some songs that will just make you move."

" I can reveal that everyone involved with GMAYL was devastated at the leaking of the track, and unlike past times, another choice was made for release. Unfortunately both M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj had worked their releases and promotions around GMAYL and the Super Bowl as well. W.E. wasn't meant to conflict with the album. Nothing has been announced, but she will be doing promo concerts and appearances, a lot in the U.S. "

lol. It's always nice to hear something, and we havent had any fansite tidbits in a while, but this a rehash of old information. And again, it confirms nothing.

Makes sense! :) I hope you're right! I would love a more eclectic album like LAP (or even TB as odd as that may sound to some). GMAYL gives me hope that there may be a couple songs with a little rock vibe to them, I've wanted her to do that for so long. It does look like it's shaping up to be quite a mixture of different sounds. So far we have:

I've always wanted that too. Not the stereotypical "rawk" sound but definitely greater use of guitars not just electronic keyboards. William Orbit does tend to use some guitars in his past songs with her so I would think that would be on the album. I think there was someone on twitter who supposedly was at a listening party and they said there were rock as well as dance influences on some songs.

I've always wanted that too. Not the stereotypical "rawk" sound but definitely greater use of guitars not just electronic keyboards. William Orbit does tend to use some guitars in his past songs with her so I would think that would be on the album. I think there was someone on twitter who supposedly was at a listening party and they said there were rock as well as dance influences on some songs.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for! So stoked for this record, Mar 26th can't get here quick enough!

Can't wait for the tour! I think I recall you mentioning before you are in DC area? You going to the Sept 23rd show?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for! So stoked for this record, Mar 26th can't get here quick enough!

Can't wait for the tour! I think I recall you mentioning before you are in DC area? You going to the Sept 23rd show?

Yes, I'm in DC. Actually, I'm going to both the 23rd and the 24th. On the 23rd, I have a really bad seat at the lowest price point, but then on the 24th I have a close seat. So excited! It's been too long since she played here in DC.

do you consider DAD as the first single from AL?

Why not? It was a single. It's on the album... all copies. It was the first song that was released that was included on that set. It may have been written for a movie, but it was written during the time she was putting together American Life. Just because it came out months in advance to the actual album, doesn't mean it shouldn't be included. After all, artists are more and more releasing singles as much as 6 months in advance to their album release. Of course, it's the first single.

Why not? It was a single. It's on the album... all copies. It was the first song that was released that was included on that set. It may have been written for a movie, but it was written during the time she was putting together American Life. Just because it came out months in advance to the actual album, doesn't mean it shouldn't be included. After all, artists are more and more releasing singles as much as 6 months in advance to their album release. Of course, it's the first single.

:confused:

GMAYL- straight pop-rock like she hasn't done in a while/60's vibe

Masterpiece- mid-tempo ballad...I'd say this one is somewhere in between her "ballads" in recent years (think MA, DWRY, IDI, NF etc) and her old ballads (think LTT, OF, YS etc).

GGW- straight up dance, very COADF

TUTR- same as GGW

Birthday Song- IDK about this one yet, sounds almost more in line with GMAYL yet I'm thinking this could be the "Spanish Lesson"/"Isaac"/"Shanti"/"Act Of Contrition" of MDNA.

Well, I figured working between Solveig and Orbit the album would be quite eclectic. I always enjoy the songs she rocks it up on. I know I am the minority here, but I love when she straps on the electric guitar and plays the shit out of it.

Over all, it seems like a real fun album.

"Quiet on purpose" while her single is flopping in some areas and her Tour bombing in Europe?

:|

Oh please, her tour isn't "bombing in Europe". Don't be so dramatic. Keep in mind, that she's playing more stadiums which means far more tickets can be sold. She'll be fine.

Yes, I'm in DC. Actually, I'm going to both the 23rd and the 24th. On the 23rd, I have a really bad seat at the lowest price point, but then on the 24th I have a close seat. So excited! It's been too long since she played here in DC.

Yes! DC is closest to me so I've had to go to AC and NYC the past couple tours to see her shows so I'm relieved I don't have to practically make a full vacation out of a Madonna concert this time! :lol:

I'm kind of in the back of the floor for the 23rd show. Eventually I'd like to get a ticket for the 24th, I'm hoping when it's closer more tickets (good tickets) will be released.

^^

"Cherish" is far from my favorite Madonna single, and it's one of my least favorite tracks on LAP, but it's pure pop brilliance in comparison to GMAYL! GMAYL is more like "Jimmy Jimmy" or "Can't Stop."

Mixes from Price, Orbit and Solveig do exist, and I'm assuming are the bonus tracks on the deluxe version. I've been told they are incredible, some just feature Madonna.

Why on earth did they not release these remixes to the clubs? It would built a bit of hype and got the ball rolling.

Guest bluejean

Die Another Day was made specifically for the movie Die Another Day and was never promoted or referred to as the lead single from American Life. It was added on as an afterthought. It just happens to fit very nicely on the album.

Well, I figured working between Solveig and Orbit the album would be quite eclectic. I always enjoy the songs she rocks it up on. I know I am the minority here, but I love when she straps on the electric guitar and plays the shit out of it.

Over all, it seems like a real fun album.

I'm with you on the electric guitar thing! I love it when she plays, I know she's not the greatest but she gets better over time and she looks hot when she plays. :lol: If anything I get a little bored when she plays the acoustic guitar...not that it doesn't have it's fine points too.

Guest bluejean

Why on earth did they not release these remixes to the clubs? It would built a bit of hype and got the ball rolling.

We don't know for sure if they exist yet. Time will tell. But it sounds made up to me.

Oh please, her tour isn't "bombing in Europe". Don't be so dramatic. Keep in mind, that she's playing more stadiums which means far more tickets can be sold. She'll be fine.

Example from Helsinki: she sold out 80.000 tickets in a day for Sticky & Sweet. After a week she hasn't yet sold out 40-50.000 tickets for Madonna.

Sweden: she sold out two stadiums in minutes for Sticky & Sweet. This time only a one show and Golden Circle tickets still available after a week on sale for Madonna.

Guest bluejean

"Cherish" is far from my favorite Madonna single, and it's one of my least favorite tracks on LAP, but it's pure pop brilliance in comparison to GMAYL! GMAYL is more like "Jimmy Jimmy" or "Can't Stop."

Okay, GMAYL is NOT that bad. But 'Cherish' IS far superior. It's a pop classic.

Well, I don't mean in quality necessarily just the fact that they are both frivolous, light hearted pop songs. If MDNA is to be like LAP then it will have to have different types of songs on it as LAP does (as Glinda pointed out in above post). So perhaps GMAYL is the "Cherish" of MDNA.

And Cherish IS pure pop brilliance PERIOD. :sassy:

And I also happen to like Can't Stop....that bridge is everything! :rant:

Guest bluejean

Example from Helsinki: she sold out 80.000 tickets in a day for Sticky & Sweet. After a week she hasn't yet sold out 40-50.000 tickets for Madonna.

Sweden: she sold out two stadiums in minutes for Sticky & Sweet. This time only a one show and Golden Circle tickets still available after a week on sale for Madonna.

Yes but weren't those her 1st time ever in those countries? It makes sense the demand wouldn't be as high and I seem to recall some bad press re: Sticky & Sweet in Helsinki?

Guest Fukujima

Can't Stop is EVERYTHANG.

1987-6.jpeg

Die Another Day was made specifically for the movie Die Another Day and was never promoted or referred to as the lead single from American Life. It was added on as an afterthought. It just happens to fit very nicely on the album.

So was "Live To Tell". It was made specifically for AT CLOSE RANGE and in fact, was recorded after the album was recorded. Nevertheless, whether it was added on as an "afterthought" or not, doesn't make it any less a "first single". It may not been the intended as a lead single or promoted as the lead single, but there is no doubt the success of the song led to more than just an "after thought". It's easier to sell albums if people are aware of a recent smash top ten is included on it.

I like True Blue better and it was a bigger hit too than Cherish.

I like TB better too, but it's not on LAP so I couldn't compare it to that. :p

Although, if I were categorizing Madonna songs, TB, Cherish and GMAYL would all fit together just fine in the same category IMO. Not because of quality but because of what type of songs they are.

Well, I don't mean in quality necessarily just the fact that they are both frivolous, light hearted pop songs. If MDNA is to be like LAP then it will have to have different types of songs on it as LAP does (as Glinda pointed out in above post). So perhaps GMAYL is the "Cherish" of MDNA.

And Cherish IS pure pop brilliance PERIOD. :sassy:

And I also happen to like Can't Stop....that bridge is everything! :rant:

I have to agree. "Can't Stop" is so awesome. I think CS should have been a single. It probably would have been a huge top 5 hit.