MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Does anyone of you remember how far in advance we got 30 second snippets of the HC and Confessions tracks?

HC About 2 weeks b4 the release in a german music website

(i was jumping happy that day , one of my best madonna memories)

HC About 2 weeks b4 the release in a german music website

(i was jumping happy that day , one of my best madonna memories)

Only 2 weeks? I was hoping a little bit earlier. I really can't wait for the Orbit tracks anymore, especially Gang Bang.

Does anyone of you remember how far in advance we got 30 second snippets of the HC and Confessions tracks?

MTV.com previewed the entire COADF album on November 7, 2005 - approx. 1 full week before the release. I remember listening constantly to it. Such a great album.

MTV.com previewed the entire COADF album on November 7, 2005 - approx. 1 full week before the release. I remember listening constantly to it. Such a great album.

But didn't the album leak like 2 weeks before the release?

But didn't the album leak like 2 weeks before the release?

No. They leaked looped intros to flood the P2P networks. I don't think the actual album leaked until actual launch.

Are the March editions of the monthly music magazines out? They're often the first ones to post reviews.

I remember someone on madonnatribe saying MDNA isnt very good, all of solveig's songs sounding the same and orbit's tracks being a bit weak. then I heard this guy on twitter saying that it's a combination of like a prayer, ray of light, hard candy and confessions (production wise being very hard candy ish) he seemed to really like it.

who knows how much of this is true though.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/21/how-madonnas-second-mdna-single-girls-gone-wild-came-together/

How Madonna’s Second ‘MDNA’ Single ‘Girls Gone Wild’ Came Together

“Girls Gone Wild,” the second single from Madonna’s “MDNA,” was born from the remote union of two Italian producers and a Canadian writer, all signed to Patrick Moxey’s Ultra Music.

Moxey says…

“Obviously it’s huge for us.

We have both the producer and the top-line writer; that’s 100% share.”

The mid-tempo, four-on-the-floor party track is a tougher take on the style of Madge’s 2005 effort, “Confessions On A Dancefloor,” produced by Stuart Price: It’s undeniably dance, but with stronger electro than house markings. (“MDNA” in totality will probably be more diverse, featuring the production of disco house champion Martin Solveig on four tracks, and the darker, trance-ier William Orbit on five.)

Moxey traces the song’s beginning back to early 2011, when Ultra Records artist Benny Benassi was preparing to release “Electroman,” his fourth studio album. Moxey thought his aggressive style would “work well with some of the major American superstar artists,” so he requested additional tracks from Benny and his longtime production partner, Ale (Alejandro) Benassi, also his cousin.

Benassi is best known for single “Satisfaction,” a robotic take on the Rolling Stones original, which snagged a high-profile Wendy’s synch back in 2003. Since then, he’s made his mark with a hard-hitting electro-focused singles and DJ sets that nonetheless mesh with different genres, snagging a “Best Remix” Grammy in 2008 for Public Enemy’s “Bring The Noise.” (Skrillex just took the same award this year for his take on “Cinema,” a Benassi original.)

Moxey selected a few tracks and shared them with Jenson Vaughan, a young top-line writer based in Vancouver. Vaughn had done extensive work with U.K. producer Ian Carey, on collaborations with artists like Timbaland, Kelly Rowland and Snoop Dogg.

Moxey adds…

“I was really attracted to his lyrics.

And I feel Benassi in my bones, because those bass-driven tracks are so inspiring.

It’s a bit like cooking, like, ‘Ooh, what would this sound like together?’”

Vaughn returned a demo just a week later, which Moxey shared with Benassi’s European co-manager Paul Sears, who in turn sent it to Guy Oseary, Madonna’s manager. Soon, the Benassi boys were on their way to London (from their home of Parma, Italy) to record with Madonna.

Moxey reports…

“She loved them.

Benny is such a quality person;

I think that made it all flow so much easier.”

Two tracks from that session — “Girls” and “I’m Addicted” — made it onto “MDNA,” with “Girls” opening the album.

Moxey says…

“A brilliant way to have hits is to create hits.

When you have very talented people around you, you just make the introductions, and maybe give them some direction. It’s the essence of the A&R process, but it’s so natural — it’s not contrived.”

Looking toward the release of the “GGW” video, Moxey says he isn’t concerned with a reported lawsuit from Joe Francis, creator of the “Girls Gone Wild” series of co-ed flasher videos…

“When I looked at ASCAP, I noticed there were approximately 50 records called ‘Girls Gone Wild.

This guy just thinks too much of himself.”

Source: Billboard

I remember someone on madonnatribe saying MDNA isnt very good,

I feel somewhat ambivalent. Maybe if it flames out quickly Madonna will come back with a successor worthy to COADF/ROL. But I always find somethings to like on a Madonna album. I am sure it will be delightful in some respects.

I feel somewhat ambivalent. Maybe if it flames out quickly Madonna will come back with a successor worthy to COADF/ROL. But I always find somethings to like on a Madonna album. I am sure it will be delightful in some respects.

I really don't believe any comments good or bad until I see a proper review. However, I've loved songs on every single album she's ever done so I'm sure this will be a worthy addition.

One of the things I love is that I will discover a song years down the line that I will fall in love with.

I really don't believe any comments good or bad until I see a proper review. However, I've loved songs on every single album she's ever done so I'm sure this will be a worthy addition.

I am trying to stay optimistic. However, based on my response to GMAYL and then the other two songs in the megamix, I am a bit deflated right now. I mean, I think I will like "GGW" better than "GMAYL" but it just doesn't grab me enough. Maybe the whole song will change my mind. I do love "Turn up the Radio" even though Sunday Girl's demo sounded edgier.

Still looking forward to the album, of course, but I am always hopeful for a new breakthrough era and my bones tell me that there might not be one this time around. Hopefully she proves me wrong. :)

we go from superhigh moods to depressive on this one here.

first we all are hyped cause we are believed there gonna come another ray of light, confessions

and now that the release date is getting closer we are more doubtful by the minute..

mmhmm she always has a few solid songs that I end up living for.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6570

Interview: Give Me All Your Smilin'

French website Pure Charts by Charts in France met MDNA producer and dee-jay Martin Solveig for a long and interview about his work with Madonna on her new album and single.

Check out the Full Story at chartsinfrance.net and read an excerpt of their long conversation translated into English for you by MadonnaTribe:

2012 will be the year od Martin Solveig. His latest album "Smash" was released last June in France and became a real hit in the U.S. Madonna listened to "Hello", the first single. She loved it and she enrolled the 35 year-old French dee-jay and producer to work on "MDNA", her new album, hitting the stores on March 26.

A month and a bunch oif days before the release, the one who used to be soprano solo in the choir of the Petits Chanteurs de Sainte-Croix de Neuilly talks about the album recording, his collaboration with Madonna, her personality, her desires, William Orbit, the internet leak of the single, and the vibe of the next album from the Super Star.

Martin welcomed Pure Charts in his Parisian studio in Le Sentier neighbourhood.

You are one of the composers and producers of the new Madonna album "MDNA", to be released on March 26.

Ho did this collaboration start?

Martin Solveig : I got a phone call from her manager, here in my studio. He called me in a very easy way. All the first contacts happened in a simple mood. This made me quite surprised. Madonna is not someone who puts some impossible hierarchy ranks in her team. She has a small team made of people who are with her all the time, and she has a very easy way to communicate with them. We met, we talked about music, and about cinema, too. We realised that we had very similar tastes about songs, about pop music, about a lot of things. All this happened very fast and in a pretty cool mood.

I think it all started thanks to your song "Hello" from your latest album "Smash" that was published last June. It was a hit in the U.S.

Yes, Madonna got to know me thanks to this song... She listened to my albums and she picked up other tracks like "Sunday" or "Boys And Girls" - which had some influence on "Give Me All Your Luvin".

She told me "I'd like you to make me something a little like that". She wanted something that she calls "surf", like some electronic Beach Boys, she loves this idea.

At the beginning Madonna asked you to work on one song only, the lead single...

Well yes. I know that there were some dozens of producers in the cauldron. Madonna wanted to work with two or three people only, to give the album a general sense of consistency. With me, we got on the same vibe and I had the chance to start at full throttle. And in the studio, everything went super smooth and all of a sudden we ended up recording six tracks, a little less than the half of the album which is made of 15 songs.

Was it difficult for you to get over the fact that you were working with a Pop music icon?

I realized that on a second thought, what impressed me the most with Madonna was not the icon from the 80's but her ability to keep up with the present time, to pass through the decades, and to always be there and be really herself all the time.

I have to say that my favourite bits of the entire Madonna discography are those she made with Mirwais and Stuart Price. And those are from the 2000s. Even if I adored "Ray Of Light" produced by William Orbit…

You have also crossed paths with William Orbit?

It was a pretty crazy encounter. We really laughed in the studio. We worked together for a while. Him in his studio, me in mine but in the same building. Madonna was moving from one room to another. We shared a lot. William and myself, we are quite the opposite one another. Overall... William is British, I'm French. He is big, I'm small. He's very messy, I'm pretty organized.

Madonna is a sort of counterpart of her producers. She was super sweet with him. With me, she was quite touch and straightforward. She is someone who pushes peple and I think that she allows them to give their best.

How was she during the process?

She makes you forget that she is Madonna very quickly. She is very natural. We were there to make an album and therefore we started working fast and we went fast to the core of the project. She wanted to make people dance, and she was looking to transposing this in catchy songs, messages, to make simple things full of energy.

Did she ask you for something specific? Did she give you any guideline?

She wanted some smiling! She wanted to work on the smiley side. With William, she was more introspective. To me, she used to say: "What we need is that people smile when they listen to your songs. This is what I like in your work. In general, when people listen to your songs, they get positive vibes". She feels that this is something missing in today's scene a bit and that this is what people need...

She felt that you had "a different sound"... Is that true?

Yes. You always have a little signature style. The idea was to keep it intact. After all, it is clearly there in the first single. A lot of people called me when the single was out to tell me "there's no doubt, it's you who produced this song:" It's very flattering. I don't even realizeall that completely...

Do you mean that this goes beyond yourself?

I'm a little in a twister. There is a strong contrast between the simplicity of the work I've done with her and the mediatic mess that this generates. The reactions, the commentaries. I was surprised. When you do some music with Madonna, you are ready to see people talking about it but you are not prepared to see that if you make a tweet, it's instantly retweeted 250 times. And these people will go ahead and dissect every tiny details. It's crazy stuff. Therefore, it is true that I make some little faux pas about what I say on Twitter or on some interview... Everything I say cand and will be used against me (laguhs). I learned that, to live in the world of great pop acts. It is an extraordinary experience for me...

There's a little vintage sound in this first single, is this what you were looking for?

I would say that this track is sixties and contemporary at the same time... There's a specific signature in this album, a dance-y side without being actually dance music. If you listen to William's tracks and mines, there's a sort of inspiration that comes from all over pop music.

Did you complete all the tracks?

Yes the album is done and even mastered. All fifteen songs have a history and something to say. This is gonna be a very good Madonna album.

I am aware that all that goes beyond music, that the Icon goes way beyond the music and her songs. I'm simply proud of the work I've done. And I am also aware of the honour and the luck I've been given to work on something like that, it's an adventure out of the ordinary. I really hope that everything goes for the best...

In the first single we also listen to M.I.A and Nicki Minaj. I think that it was your idea to enroll M.I.A and that Madonna wanted Nicki Minaj…

Yes.. Guy Oseary and myself were very up for the idea of collaborating with M.I.A. On the other hand, Nicki Minaj was her idea. I think she sees herself a lot in Nicki. The idea of the team worked very well with the Super Bowl. The choice of the single wasn't completely a coincidence. The pom-poms side rocketed well this project in the incredible context of the Super Bowl. But the album still has a lot of things to reveal.

Will there be a before and an after for you?

For sure. I also think that I need to tell myself that I've just done my good work as a producer. I put all my energy in it, everything I'd got. This music, it's been done for her. It belongs to her. I have to go on my own way. And in a humble way, I hope I put my own little stone in this extraordinary building. Madonna does not anyone to be who she is.

Read the Full Story at chartsinfrance.net.

Guest ditaluver

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6570

Interview: Give Me All Your Smilin'

French website Pure Charts by Charts in France met MDNA producer and dee-jay Martin Solveig for a long and interview about his work with Madonna on her new album and single.

Check out the Full Story at chartsinfrance.net and read an excerpt of their long conversation translated into English for you by MadonnaTribe:

2012 will be the year od Martin Solveig. His latest album "Smash" was released last June in France and became a real hit in the U.S. Madonna listened to "Hello", the first single. She loved it and she enrolled the 35 year-old French dee-jay and producer to work on "MDNA", her new album, hitting the stores on March 26.

A month and a bunch oif days before the release, the one who used to be soprano solo in the choir of the Petits Chanteurs de Sainte-Croix de Neuilly talks about the album recording, his collaboration with Madonna, her personality, her desires, William Orbit, the internet leak of the single, and the vibe of the next album from the Super Star.

Martin welcomed Pure Charts in his Parisian studio in Le Sentier neighbourhood.

You are one of the composers and producers of the new Madonna album "MDNA", to be released on March 26.

Ho did this collaboration start?

Martin Solveig : I got a phone call from her manager, here in my studio. He called me in a very easy way. All the first contacts happened in a simple mood. This made me quite surprised. Madonna is not someone who puts some impossible hierarchy ranks in her team. She has a small team made of people who are with her all the time, and she has a very easy way to communicate with them. We met, we talked about music, and about cinema, too. We realised that we had very similar tastes about songs, about pop music, about a lot of things. All this happened very fast and in a pretty cool mood.

I think it all started thanks to your song "Hello" from your latest album "Smash" that was published last June. It was a hit in the U.S.

Yes, Madonna got to know me thanks to this song... She listened to my albums and she picked up other tracks like "Sunday" or "Boys And Girls" - which had some influence on "Give Me All Your Luvin".

She told me "I'd like you to make me something a little like that". She wanted something that she calls "surf", like some electronic Beach Boys, she loves this idea.

At the beginning Madonna asked you to work on one song only, the lead single...

Well yes. I know that there were some dozens of producers in the cauldron. Madonna wanted to work with two or three people only, to give the album a general sense of consistency. With me, we got on the same vibe and I had the chance to start at full throttle. And in the studio, everything went super smooth and all of a sudden we ended up recording six tracks, a little less than the half of the album which is made of 15 songs.

Was it difficult for you to get over the fact that you were working with a Pop music icon?

I realized that on a second thought, what impressed me the most with Madonna was not the icon from the 80's but her ability to keep up with the present time, to pass through the decades, and to always be there and be really herself all the time.

I have to say that my favourite bits of the entire Madonna discography are those she made with Mirwais and Stuart Price. And those are from the 2000s. Even if I adored "Ray Of Light" produced by William Orbit…

You have also crossed paths with William Orbit?

It was a pretty crazy encounter. We really laughed in the studio. We worked together for a while. Him in his studio, me in mine but in the same building. Madonna was moving from one room to another. We shared a lot. William and myself, we are quite the opposite one another. Overall... William is British, I'm French. He is big, I'm small. He's very messy, I'm pretty organized.

Madonna is a sort of counterpart of her producers. She was super sweet with him. With me, she was quite touch and straightforward. She is someone who pushes peple and I think that she allows them to give their best.

How was she during the process?

She makes you forget that she is Madonna very quickly. She is very natural. We were there to make an album and therefore we started working fast and we went fast to the core of the project. She wanted to make people dance, and she was looking to transposing this in catchy songs, messages, to make simple things full of energy.

Did she ask you for something specific? Did she give you any guideline?

She wanted some smiling! She wanted to work on the smiley side. With William, she was more introspective. To me, she used to say: "What we need is that people smile when they listen to your songs. This is what I like in your work. In general, when people listen to your songs, they get positive vibes". She feels that this is something missing in today's scene a bit and that this is what people need...

She felt that you had "a different sound"... Is that true?

Yes. You always have a little signature style. The idea was to keep it intact. After all, it is clearly there in the first single. A lot of people called me when the single was out to tell me "there's no doubt, it's you who produced this song:" It's very flattering. I don't even realizeall that completely...

Do you mean that this goes beyond yourself?

I'm a little in a twister. There is a strong contrast between the simplicity of the work I've done with her and the mediatic mess that this generates. The reactions, the commentaries. I was surprised. When you do some music with Madonna, you are ready to see people talking about it but you are not prepared to see that if you make a tweet, it's instantly retweeted 250 times. And these people will go ahead and dissect every tiny details. It's crazy stuff. Therefore, it is true that I make some little faux pas about what I say on Twitter or on some interview... Everything I say cand and will be used against me (laguhs). I learned that, to live in the world of great pop acts. It is an extraordinary experience for me...

There's a little vintage sound in this first single, is this what you were looking for?

I would say that this track is sixties and contemporary at the same time... There's a specific signature in this album, a dance-y side without being actually dance music. If you listen to William's tracks and mines, there's a sort of inspiration that comes from all over pop music.

Did you complete all the tracks?

Yes the album is done and even mastered. All fifteen songs have a history and something to say. This is gonna be a very good Madonna album.

I am aware that all that goes beyond music, that the Icon goes way beyond the music and her songs. I'm simply proud of the work I've done. And I am also aware of the honour and the luck I've been given to work on something like that, it's an adventure out of the ordinary. I really hope that everything goes for the best...

In the first single we also listen to M.I.A and Nicki Minaj. I think that it was your idea to enroll M.I.A and that Madonna wanted Nicki Minaj…

Yes.. Guy Oseary and myself were very up for the idea of collaborating with M.I.A. On the other hand, Nicki Minaj was her idea. I think she sees herself a lot in Nicki. The idea of the team worked very well with the Super Bowl. The choice of the single wasn't completely a coincidence. The pom-poms side rocketed well this project in the incredible context of the Super Bowl. But the album still has a lot of things to reveal.

Will there be a before and an after for you?

For sure. I also think that I need to tell myself that I've just done my good work as a producer. I put all my energy in it, everything I'd got. This music, it's been done for her. It belongs to her. I have to go on my own way. And in a humble way, I hope I put my own little stone in this extraordinary building. Madonna does not anyone to be who she is.

Read the Full Story at chartsinfrance.net.

AWESOME! Im looking forward to this album!!!! I cant wait! :adore:

Great interview! I like when he said there's a dancey side to this album but it's not actual "dance music". That's what I love. I love to dance, but I hate typical dance/club music based in house/techno beats. I find that so boring. In recent years, what is called dance music has become so limited. You can dance to many different kinds of music.

Great interview! I like when he said there's a dancey side to this album but it's not actual "dance music". That's what I love. I love to dance, but I hate typical dance/club music based in house/techno beats. I find that so boring. In recent years, what is called dance music has become so limited. You can dance to many different kinds of music.

I agree. As much I love electro and house music when I go out, I don't want a full on electro-house album by Madonna because I listen to her albums when I'm driving the car, at home or just going for a walk outside, so I like the fact that they were influenced by pop music in general which could mean anything. I believe GGW and Turn up the radio are going to be the danciest songs on the album. The snippet from B-Day Song sounded like a fun dancepop song without actually being "dance music" made for clubs. I like that.

After reading this interview, I can't help but feel so excited for the album's release and also a bit baffled over why so much negativity has to occur on this website. Why can't everyone just join Madonna for what she wants to offer? This is all coming from a particular point in her life right now and I can't wait to go on this ride with her once again! People/fans need to stop complaining that Madonna isn't doing what they want Madonna to do. I think a lot of people hold certain albums and eras close to their hearts and need to learn to let go of that a bit and enjoy other facets to the Madonna-spirit. We are so lucky to be Madonna fans in a time when she's still making great music :)

After reading this interview, I can't help but feel so excited for the album's release and also a bit baffled over why so much negativity has to occur on this website. Why can't everyone just join Madonna for what she wants to offer? This is all coming from a particular point in her life right now and I can't wait to go on this ride with her once again! People/fans need to stop complaining that Madonna isn't doing what they want Madonna to do. I think a lot of people hold certain albums and eras close to their hearts and need to learn to let go of that a bit and enjoy other facets to the Madonna-spirit. We are so lucky to be Madonna fans in a time when she's still making great music :)

AMEN! I agree completely.Let's drop the negativity and get ready for an exciting new Madonna era! There's been too much doom and gloom around here lately.