MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/22/music-from-madonna-now-mastered-for-itunes/

Music from Madonna Now Mastered for iTunes

Universal Music Group announced today that albums from popular Universal artists such as Madonna, Paul McCartney, Kaori Muraji, U2, John Coltrane and Bon Jovi are now Mastered for iTunes, giving music fans even higher quality audio recordings from their favorite artists. Mastered for iTunes albums are mastered specifically with the iTunes format in mind, ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended.

These new recordings are mastered using high-resolution sourced audio to provide fans with an incredibly rich listening experience, taking advantage of the dynamic range enabled by the iTunes format.

Music fans can access many of today’s most anticipated albums including Madonna’s forthcoming “MDNA”, and the “Give me all your Luvin’” single

Universal Music Group Mastered for iTunes titles can be found at www.itunes.com/masteredforitunes.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/22/music-from-madonna-now-mastered-for-itunes/

Music from Madonna Now Mastered for iTunes

Universal Music Group announced today that albums from popular Universal artists such as Madonna, Paul McCartney, Kaori Muraji, U2, John Coltrane and Bon Jovi are now Mastered for iTunes, giving music fans even higher quality audio recordings from their favorite artists. Mastered for iTunes albums are mastered specifically with the iTunes format in mind, ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended.

These new recordings are mastered using high-resolution sourced audio to provide fans with an incredibly rich listening experience, taking advantage of the dynamic range enabled by the iTunes format.

Music fans can access many of today’s most anticipated albums including Madonna’s forthcoming “MDNA”, and the “Give me all your Luvin’” single

Universal Music Group Mastered for iTunes titles can be found at www.itunes.com/masteredforitunes.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

So they're mastering the album in lossy AAC format? :thumbsdown:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6570

Interview: Give Me All Your Smilin'

French website Pure Charts by Charts in France met MDNA producer and dee-jay Martin Solveig for a long and interview about his work with Madonna on her new album and single.

And in the studio, everything went super smooth and all of a sudden we ended up recording six tracks, a little less than the half of the album which is made of 15 songs.

Read the Full Story at chartsinfrance.net.

so that's 15 songs then. no losing the attitude and ringing the bell then when the record drops then right...? i can accept that. 15 is cool.

Guest groovyguy

MDNA Tracklist:

01. Girls Gone Wild [benassi]

02. Gang Bang [Orbit]

03. I'm Addicted [benassi]

04. Some Girls [Orbit]

05. I Don't Give A [solveig]

06. Turn Up the Radio [solveig]

07. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) [solveig]

08. B-Day Song (Feat. M.I.A.) [solveig]

09. Superstar [TBA]

10. I'm a Sinner [Orbit]

11. Masterpiece [Orbit]

12. Falling Free [Orbit]

Deluxe Edition bonus tracks:

13. Love Spent [Orbit]

14. I Fucked Up [solveig]

15. Beautiful Killer [solveig]

16. Give Me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO Party Remix)ft. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO) [bonus Track]

17. Bonus Track [TBA]

MDNA Tracklist:

02. Gang Bang [Orbit]

04. Some Girls [Orbit]

09. Superstar [TBA]

10. I'm a Sinner [Orbit]

11. Masterpiece [Orbit]

12. Falling Free [Orbit]

Deluxe Edition bonus tracks:

13. Love Spent [Orbit]

14. I Fucked Up [solveig]

15. Beautiful Killer [solveig]

16. Give Me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO Party Remix)ft. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO) [bonus Track]

17. Bonus Track [TBA]

It's 18 tracks. There are two bonus tracks to be announced. Look at iTunes - it cuts off the th 18th song so you have to expand to see the full list.

However, I'm expecting it to be another remix.

Guest groovyguy

From Jean Baptiste's Facebook

When we were making "Fleshtone" I was picturing Madonna listening to it in her ipod while working out. When I found out she loved the album I felt validated. now pretty soon I'll be working out with my ipod listening to "MDNA" which I worked on. That shit cray!!!

From Jean Baptiste's Facebook

When we were making "Fleshtone" I was picturing Madonna listening to it in her ipod while working out. When I found out she loved the album I felt validated. now pretty soon I'll be working out with my ipod listening to "MDNA" which I worked on. That shit cray!!!

Nice to know she loves that masterpiece! Hopefully her album comes to close to it.

Guest groovyguy

It's 18 tracks. There are two bonus tracks to be announced. Look at iTunes - it cuts off the th 18th song so you have to expand to see the full list.

However, I'm expecting it to be another remix.

MDNA Deluxe Edition

MDNA – The official Press release

iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna’s new album. The bonus remix will be available from Friday, February 3rd through Monday, February 6th only. During this time period the album will be available for $9.99 and fans will also receive the digital single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” immediately. This single is also exclusive to iTunes during this limited time.

hey,I never got the bonus remix! It was only available for that one weekend (February 3-February 6)...did anyone get it? What was it?

Anyone care to answer this very important question? i think we will get this song on March 26...

Track #17 i'm guessing will be a GGW remix...

as for Track #18, if it gets delivered in the 1st week of the album availability, is it eligible to chart?

MDNA Tracklist:

02. Gang Bang [Orbit]

04. Some Girls [Orbit]

09. Superstar [TBA]

10. I'm a Sinner [Orbit]

11. Masterpiece [Orbit]

12. Falling Free [Orbit]

It seems to keep that vibe of party songs as the album core and ends with a dark/sadness mood with "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free"... i like it :) , i could do without "Masterpiece" though.

Guest groovyguy

It seems to keep that vibe of party songs as the album core and ends with a dark/sadness mood with "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free"... i like it :) , i could do without "Masterpiece" though.

Kind of like MDMA effects - an elevated euphoric mood to depression

hey,I never got the bonus remix! It was only available for that one weekend (February 3-February 6)...did anyone get it? What was it?

Nobody got anything, we have to wait til the release date...

Anyone care to answer this very important question? i think we will get this song on March 26...

Track #17 i'm guessing will be a GGW remix...

as for Track #18, if it gets delivered in the 1st week of the album availability, is it eligible to chart?

What country are you talking about? If it's the UK, then I think yes. GaGa had several album tracks that entered the top 100 that weren't released as singles and I think the same would apply to a remix if it sold individually on its own merits. Let's face it though, it's not going to happen.

As for the remixes, they will just be sent through with the rest of the tracks on release.

Guest groovyguy

What's the link of Jean Baptiste's Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=535669195&ref=ts

Jean Baptiste

Monday

:lol: She's unlikely to sell 1M by the end of the year.

It's really, really difficult to have a real conversation about Lady Gaga when almost everyone in the room hates her and is incapable of being objective. You guys are so blinded by your distaste for her that you can't see past the Madonna comparisons to what I'm actually saying. I do think part of it has to do with exposure, and I also think the "quality" of the music matters. I happen to like BTW a lot, but I can see how it wouldn't resonate on pop radio like her past hits. These are all factors.

XXL and 12:51: Madonna appealed to the gays from the start too. But "Just Dance," etc. had broad appeal. A song about trannys and lesbians and videos with men in tights and heels are taking it to a level where it's inherently going to alienate more casual fans who are just listening for the pop songs and the fun costumes. She crossed a line. Nobody's talking about whether the controversies were "good" or not. You guys are confusing what I'm saying with me saying Gaga is as good or controversial as Madonna was. For the last time: That's not what I've been saying. Read what I'm actually saying! Kurt did!

Supernatural: You're confusing "stunts" or individual controversies (which Madonna has many of and Gaga has few) with an overall tone. Gaga's images have become more and more subversive, and more and more gay. That is one factor that is turning off Middle America. I'm not saying it's the only one, but it's one.

When are we going to stop blaming record labels and start blaming Madonna for making shitty music and trying to pass it off as art?