Guy Oseary confirms no new music has been recorded!

moe

Guest ursaminorjim

So I guess this is going to end up being the longest gap between albums since BS and ROL.

She just released a live album, like, last week. :D

The gap was expected. She's off contract now. She isn't obligated to have something out so soon again.

Give her time to come to her senses about David Guetta, people!

As much as I would love some new Madonna music,I think it's a good idea that she's taking her time and not rushing into things.She's probably gonna spend a long time on the next album....listening to many demos,choosing songs,deciding on who to work with,etc.Her next album is gonna be the beginning of a whole new era for her.It'll be the start of the "LiveNation years".She probably wants to begin this era with a truly brilliant,inspired album.We'll just have to be patient.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

As much as I would love some new Madonna music,I think it's a good idea that she's taking her time and not rushing into things.She's probably gonna spend a long time on the next album....listening to many demos,choosing songs,deciding on who to work with,etc.Her next album is gonna be the beginning of a whole new era for her.It'll be the start of the "LiveNation years".She probably wants to begin this era with a truly brilliant,inspired album.We'll just have to be patient.

:thumbsup: +1

Glad she's focusing on her charities and film project and her children of course

she works so hard and she's got so much talent and raw energy that she puts into all the different things that she does.....you cannot not love her :inlove:

Has the Benni Benassi remix of Vogue leaked in studio quality yet?

it leaked a long time ago. i believe you can find it on madgetribe.blogspot.com :-)

while we're at it.. i'm looking for frozen and holiday studio version aswell!

it leaked a long time ago. i believe you can find it on madgetribe.blogspot.com :-)

while we're at it.. i'm looking for frozen and holiday studio version aswell!

ARe you sure it's leaked other than the live versions on youtube? I've not seen it.

Anyone actually got it? The link didn't.

Also, the gap between BS and ROL had Something to Remember and Evita Soundtrack! To me the gap between Who's That Girl and Like A Prayer seemed like an eternity with no internet. 88 was M free!

Really? I get instant gratification on the first go!

Anyone who can listen to that and not dance is in serious need of a funk replacement.

i agree Jimmy. Candy SHop is a great track...but i dont really care for HC as a whole.

i completely hate ICREDIBLE/ SPANISH LESSON/ / HEARTBEAT.

she may surprise ur all and release a full CD b4 this christmas.....it can be done.

That would be highly out of character for Madonna. She has consistently taken about a year to write, record and release a record. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it is very unlikely and I think people who believe it are setting themselves up for disappointment.

To me the gap between Who's That Girl and Like A Prayer seemed like an eternity with no internet. 88 was M free!

Wasn't it.. back in the day, that seemed like an eternity thats for sure. and M grew her hair all the way out from short blonde to the like a prayer hair.

Luckily that void was filled for me by INXS and the Kick album, their biggest and best.. RIP M.H.

Guest madonnar

Is this true? no new music has been recorded? What was all that talk about Madonna auditioning dancers recently.

He said no music recorded YET! That to me seems as though something could be just around the corner. Also, not every album takes a long time. Didn't she write and record the whole LAP album in something like 3 weeks? It can be done. I fully expect a new album by the end of the year. That W.E. nonsense doesn't have to monopolise her time.

He said no music recorded YET! That to me seems as though something could be just around the corner. Also, not every album takes a long time. Didn't she write and record the whole LAP album in something like 3 weeks? It can be done. I fully expect a new album by the end of the year. That W.E. nonsense doesn't have to monopolise her time.

Yeah but if she does lets hope she works with a couple of producers not just Guetta. I'm not against them working together I just think albums work better if there is more than one producer involved.

My predictions/thoughts are that we "will" see a new album out by the end of the year or the early part of the next year...and there "will" be a new tour in 2011 right after.

Also, just because she hasn't actually recorded anything yet doesn't mean she and others don't have the songs written and that she hasn't been practicing and working/reworking them until she's ready to actually "record". I still think and sense she's got a cat in the bag and she's keeping it tightly wrapped up until she's ready to let it loose. "Timing" has always meant a lot to her and has been one of the keys to her success. I think too that she doesn't want too much information revealed yet for all the critics that come after her about it. So many people and fans out there have her work (and whoever she might be working with) judged and crucified before they even hear it. I'd hate that if I were her.

My predictions/thoughts are that we "will" see a new album out by the end of the year or the early part of the next year...and there "will" be a new tour in 2011 right after.

Also, just because she hasn't actually recorded anything yet doesn't mean she and others don't have the songs written and that she hasn't been practicing and working/reworking them until she's ready to actually "record". I still think and sense she's got a cat in the bag and she's keeping it tightly wrapped up until she's ready to let it loose. "Timing" has always meant a lot to her and has been one of the keys to her success. I think too that she doesn't want too much information revealed yet for all the critics that come after her about it. So many people and fans out there have her work (and whoever she might be working with) judged and crucified before they even hear it. I'd hate that if I were her.

I finally agree with you on something! :thumbsup:

Guest edsalas

If Madonna isn't gonna release new music for the moment, that's fine. I mean, I was expecting new music and was really thrilled but I'd rather have Madonna take Kate Bush-esque periods of releasing albums than releasing something every two years or less and throw out something half-assed.

Yeah but if she does lets hope she works with a couple of producers not just Guetta. I'm not against them working together I just think albums work better if there is more than one producer involved.

Couldn't agree more! However, she needs to find a healthy balance here. Two or three producers is fine but if you end up working with every Tom, Dick and Harry then you end up with an album that struggles to be coherent a la Bedtime Stories.

I'd be very surprised if she didn't tour in 2011 - she is contracted to what? 3 more tours under LN? I would guess that means a tour every 2 years or so, so Summer 2011 would be on track for that and I can't really see her touring when she doesn't have a new album to support. What the hell would she perform? She's already said herself that she gets bored easily performing even her newer tracks so I very much doubt she would go on the road without having new stuff to showcase.

I would also think that this time around she would want to capitalise on holiday sales, so a release late this year would fit there. Of course its half guess work, half wishful thinking. I personally don't mind waiting another year or two for a new album but I just can't see it to be honest.

Couldn't agree more! However, she needs to find a healthy balance here. Two or three producers is fine but if you end up working with every Tom, Dick and Harry then you end up with an album that struggles to be coherent a la Bedtime Stories.

I should point out COADF had Stuart Price, Mirwais Ahmadzaï, Bloodshy & Avant and Bagge & Peer. I'd say 4 is best at max but I doubt Madonna would work with more than two. Secretly I'd love her to do an album with The Neptunes and Stuart Price and Mirwais :dramatic: but I know most people here wouldn't :lol:

Thank God. The rumors of what she'd been working on were simply awful. I'd much rather have her take some time to produce something honest than put out some half-baked project every two years. Her career trajectory over the past several years is clearly that of an aging icon desperately searching for a hit, not of a musician producing art. I feel as though the last album she actually cared about was "Music."

She really isn't in a position to have long hauls between her albums anymore. I personally think as an musician she is getting better. Even her vocals are better, especially for many of her live performances. Unfortunately, there isn't a place for aging popstars. Fortunately for her, she's made a huge enough impact within the last 25 plus years that she will always have a large enough fan base to keep her going until she decides to just stop all together. But waiting to release something new within 3 years is quite risky for someone in her position. I don't doubt Madonna has it in her to prove her critics wrong and showing age has nothing to do with being a great entertainer. Though, there will always be people who will use it as a reason to bash her or dismiss her.

It's true. People can record an album within weeks and have it out shortly after. There is just usually so much production and work in releasing Madonna albums. So I am not sure if that will change, but it would be cool if she could pull it off. And just because one records and writes an album within a short period time, doesn't mean they didn't put much thought behind it. And besides, it's been two years (actually longer) since the conception of Hard Candy. So no doubt she already has a lot of ideas brewing if not ready to go for the studio. And most artists want to get in and out studios quickly especially if they are paying to use a studio.

I suspect she's writing music as we speak. Meanwhile, she's focusing on other projects that interest her. Can't fault her for that. I also have to wonder if she may not release conventional albums anymore. I have to wonder if we'll be seeing more EP's from her since album sales are quite slump. And I suspect they may come more frequent. But in the end, it's all about touring. That is where her bread and butter is. She's obligated to tour, so you can bet within the next year she'll be back on tour. And I'm betting it will be in support of an EP or 6 to 8 songs and a strong focus on some of her back catalog. Maybe some songs she never performed as well from previous albums.