Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

Madonna hasn't appeared on TV yet. We're talking about the pre show. If someone looks like a fucking asshat, people are going to talk about it. Would it be any different if I was talking about Taylor Swift or Leighton Meester? No. We can talk about whatever we want. Okayalrightgoodbyethankyou.

Funny you chose me to quote when many people before and after me were much more blunt about getting back on topic. And my point was that some people just can't help to bag other artists, rather stick to the discussion regarding Madonna.

What do you do around here again?

Anyway, Madonna looked HOT!! Her speech was awesome!!

the one thing i can't figure out is (i know this is a madonna board, but it's already drifted to VMA's discussion of the event in here it seems) was taylor swift's performance prerecorded? it looked too perfect and edited to be live camera switching, but i could be wrong. i know she was in the same dress at the end as in the video, but it's not hard to change outfits to keep the continuity...

on that note, why did lady gaga feel the need to force a different outlandish outfit down people's throats every half hour? i like her songs, and the performance was good, but i think gwen stefani pulled off the singer-wannabe-fashionista so much more effortlessly... just my two cents.

on topic, i never really realized how short madonna is... i like that they let her go up and open the show, but she looked so cute and tiny in the outfit she was wearing. looked great though! looks better at 51 than many people ever will...

Edited by infiniblue

Some people believe everything is some ridiculous conspiracy, regardless of logic and reason.

If lighting fell and decapitated Madonna or whoever, it would be "planned", "for publicity" etc....

I'm always cynical of these things but this didn't look planned at all.

As for the camera on Beyonce (which there was a logical reason for anyway) they caught her singing with the SNL guys too- maybe with all the noms they had a camera set on her all night?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I love the position M has in the pop world now. She's the Mistress of everybody, she walks on and all the younglings shut up because the Principle is in the house :lol: She has reached a good level of "respectable elder", the way she commanded the stage during that speech was fantastic. Even if she wasn't talking about MJ everyone would still looked up at her with gleaming faces. So much respect.

I finally saw the end of the show. I thought Beyonce was going to let Taylor talk and then come back on and do her big speech, but she didn't! That was really epic of her, she let Taylor have the WHOLE moment. So sweet. Beyonce is such a great lady.

I loved how much love was in the room that night [minus Kuntye]. People were speaking so highly of GaGa all night on the red carpet, they really opened their arms up to her at her first big awards gig. She sat in her place and made it her own little freakshow section in her red condom outfit. She's part of the family now and they all love her. Fantastic. I also love Diddys face during the GaGa performance, she runs to the piano and he doesn't know whether to bop his head or think about what exactly is going on, but he seemed mesmerized either way :lmao:

The whole crowd was so lively too, jumping about, singing, getting into it, i even loved Jay Z and Alicia at the end.

Great show.

I thought all of the press coverage today, was supposed to be about Lady Gaga, and her star making performance last night? At least that's what her loon base kept going on and on about. :lmao:

Thank you Kanye, Madonna, and Janet for sparing us that. :thumbsup:

Guest jamesshot

"The View" ladies were fucking bitchy about Madonna. They completely made fun of her, acting like her whole speech was about bringing the attention back onto her instead of MJ. Of course Joy added she looked beautiful but had to say a snarky comment about plastic surgery. Whoopie said Madonna sounded "silly". You can tell Whoopie does NOT like Madonna.

Then that cunt Kate Gosselin had to add in her 2 snarky cents.

I swear, Madonna cannot do ANYTHING without people finding some huge fault with it.

I thought all of the press coverage today, was supposed to be about Lady Gaga, and her star making performance last night? At least that's what her loon base kept going on and on about. :lmao:

Thank you Kanye, Madonna, and Janet for sparing us that. :thumbsup:

You realize, that Madonna is hardly a mention, other than among the Madonna base. The same goes for Janet. Kayne is the big story here. And why? Because as usual, negativity prevails. People prefer to talk about the negativity than focus on the good. Granted, Beyonce came out as the hero and Miss Taylor graciously got her acceptance speech, but the fact it's based on something negative that happened, it's a story.

Yet, we have Lady Ga Ga who just did her thing and did a smashing job at it, and it definitely has gotten lost in the shuffle since what's a better story than showing up with ridiculous costumes when you have some asshole who steals a mic from a 17 year old when she makes her very first acceptance speech at the VMA's and a 3 month long tribute to some creepy accused pedophile.

Honestly, I don't mean the above as disrespect, but I am just putting it in perspect here. People love to concentrate on the negativity and the only attention GA GA is getting is by few who want to rip her to shreds because of her silly outfits when it's really not surprising that she showed up that way. It's part of her act.