Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

Guest ursaminorjim

Some people are naturals at making waves. Naturals at causing a commotion. Some people have to try a lot, lot harder.

True. But like Lady Gaga, you'll get there someday.

"The View" ladies were fucking bitchy about Madonna. They completely made fun of her, acting like her whole speech was about bringing the attention back onto her instead of MJ. Of course Joy added she looked beautiful but had to say a snarky comment about plastic surgery. Whoopie said Madonna sounded "silly". You can tell Whoopie does NOT like Madonna.

Then that cunt Kate Gosselin had to add in her 2 snarky cents.

I swear, Madonna cannot do ANYTHING without people finding some huge fault with it.

I was unaware of this when I posted my above response. But it just proves my point, how some focus so much on the "negativity", rather the good. I mean; why tear her speech apart when the whole intent was to pay tribute to a legend in music? Seriously, is this all they can talk about?

I don't watch the VIEW, but I respect that they have a voice. I don't have to agree with them, but it's quite disappointing to hear these women tear Madonna apart as if she's done something wrong?? I mean; we have Whoopie and Joy who are pretty much around the same age as Madonna. They all have made a career of being controversial and saying things that got a lot of attention. You'd think they just respect the fact someone on their level (Madonna) has taken the time out to just pay tribute to a legend in music, rather dissect it into some "ego driven" speech all about her. It wasn't. It was about her experience with Michael. How else do these people want her to approach it? It's not like Madonna pretended the two were best pals. She didn't sugar coat it, yet she got up on stage and pretty much respectably gave her perspective and shared her experience she had with Jackson.

It sounds like the song IS a tribute to her brother. Plus, it's just a free song that she is giving away as a "gift" to her fans on her website. It's not from any album or anything.... it's just a free song for her website. She's done that before.

Too bad the song is shit though. :bad:

You realize, that Madonna is hardly a mention, other than among the Madonna base. The same goes for Janet. Kayne is the big story here. And why? Because as usual, negativity prevails. People prefer to talk about the negativity than focus on the good. Granted, Beyonce came out as the hero and Miss Taylor graciously got her acceptance speech, but the fact it's based on something negative that happened, it's a story.

Yet, we have Lady Ga Ga who just did her thing and did a smashing job at it, and it definitely has gotten lost in the shuffle since what's a better story than showing up with ridiculous costumes when you have some asshole who steals a mic from a 17 year old when she makes her very first acceptance speech at the VMA's and a 3 month long tribute to some creepy accused pedophile.

Honestly, I don't mean the above as disrespect, but I am just putting it in perspect here. People love to concentrate on the negativity and the only attention GA GA is getting is by few who want to rip her to shreds because of her silly outfits when it's really not surprising that she showed up that way. It's part of her act.

Whatever....she didn't get lost in any shuffle. The bitch was wack. End of

Deal with it.

I mean; we have Whoopie and Joy who are pretty much around the same age as Madonna. They all have made a career of being controversial and saying things that got a lot of attention. You'd think they just respect the fact someone on their level (Madonna) has taken the time out to just pay tribute to a legend in music, rather dissect it

Their level? They sit and talk about people who are DOING.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Madonna did make it a bit about herself, but at the same time she was not a personal friend of MJ so it makes sense to fill in a bit with how she can relate to him.

I laughed when Madonna started saying her speech and kept saying "so did i" :lol: not because it was actually funny, but because prior to watching it i read a post online from this poof who said it was all about her and it just came across funny after reading that.

She was simply trying to relate to what she was talking about, like she said, she wasn't good friends with him, but she obviously saw similar things in his life to hers that helps her put his life into perspective when talking about him. She was really amazing.

Why are you people even watching the fucking View???? I stopped watching those bitches years ago, and haven't looked back. Someone like Madonna will always rub them the wrong way. She represents the opposite of everything they embody as middle aged sexless hags. Of course they hate her.

I laughed when Madonna started saying her speech and kept saying "so did i" :lol: not because it was actually funny, but because prior to watching it i read a post online from this poof who said it was all about her and it just came across funny after reading that.

She was simply trying to relate to what she was talking about, like she said, she wasn't good friends with him, but she obviously saw similar things in his life to hers that helps her put his life into perspective when talking about him. She was really amazing.

This whole MJ thing hits home for her... and I think she was trying to make a case for people being nicer to her, too. Better than acting like they were so close or sounding like a typical MJ "Artist Of All Millenium" lead-in.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Yeah. You can definitely read the speech that way and I knew while listening to it that all the haters would jump all over that and accuse her of grandstanding. Anyone who hates her whould've found fault with the speech no matter what she said though.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

To be perfectly honest, I was also one of the ones who assumed Gaga would walk away with the show.

Why did you think she would walk away with the show? she isn't the only capable performer there :dazed:

Not sure what stuff you guys are reading, but GaGa, Beyonce, Kanye and Madonna are all over Entertainment news today :dazed:

GaGas album and new single has been rising fast on iTunes too after yesterday. I'd say the whole show was a good impact for everyone :dazed:

I guess pretending like no impact is happening helps the delusion though. It's a bit weird.

OMG, this has to be Madonna's best apperance at the VMAs like EVA - even better than her Vogue performance in 1990. :wow: Certainly better than her snooty post Princess Di appearance in 1997 where she was like a 67 year old, past the prime of Miss Jean Brodie school marm.

The hair! - love the channeling of Belle Du Jour. :wow: The shots to the audience were irritating again, that annoying midget douche Pete Wentz again, and, randomly, Jimmy Fallon(?!), and what's that disgusting talentless cunt J-Lo doing there? Is there any point to her, all she does is turn up to awards shows where she isn't even nominated.

I liked Janet too. After that I switched off, cause I saw all the Kanye/Taylor Swift shyt on youtube. :queenbitch:

Queen Beyonce wasn't even bothered about getting her award cause she knows this show is sooo ova and nobody cares about videos. "Video of the decade" Single Ladies could have been shot in 1986, iconic maybe, but low budget and dull otherwise.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

This whole MJ thing hits home for her... and I think she was trying to make a case for people being nicer to her, too. Better than acting like they were so close or sounding like a typical MJ "Artist Of All Millenium" lead-in.

Agreed. She was very honest about him, when she started talking about everyone abandoning him, that was pretty upfront of her, because it's true and everyone there knew it.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Don't let the internet hate make you blind and stupid. :wacko::thumbsup:

You give yourself WAY too much credit. Too hate someone requires a vested emotional interest. Believe me, you are not even worth the time. :lol:

All M's appearances on the VMA's are an EVENT, not matter what the acts are. and since this was a final farewell to MJ which lead to that mega performance with Jan and those kick ass dancers, meant it was another prolific moment in VMA history.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Queen Beyonce wasn't even bothered about getting her award cause she knows this show is sooo ova and nobody cares about videos. "Video of the decade" Single Ladies could have been shot in 1986, iconic maybe, but low budget and dull otherwise.

True, but it was so omnipresent this past year that it deserved something.

You give yourself WAY too much credit. Too hate someone requires a vested emotional interest. Believe me, you are not even worth the time. :lol:

Really?? Your random post directed at me was sorta strange and personal....unless my comments just happened to stand out in this 26 page thread. :wacko::thumbsup:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Really?? Your random post directed at me was sorta strange and personal....unless my comments just happened to stand out in this 26 page thread. :wacko::thumbsup:

Egomaniacal much? I've been posting in this thread almost from the start yesterday. If you don't like people responding to you then post somewhere else. Duh...

Agreed. She was very honest about him, when she started talking about everyone abandoning him, that was pretty upfront of her, because it's true and everyone there knew it.

actually I sorta changed my outlook on some troubled people in my life with that comment, so good for Madonna for putting that out there...

in the pre-show J Lo was asked about her upcoming album and even J Lo didn't sound excited about it.

I also noticed that she was uncertain when the release date was and not willing to talk about it. Usually she's over the moon when asked about a new album :americanlife:

Guest jamesshot

Why are you people even watching the fucking View???? I stopped watching those bitches years ago, and haven't looked back. Someone like Madonna will always rub them the wrong way. She represents the opposite of everything they embody as middle aged sexless hags. Of course they hate her.

The show is actually interesting and they have great/lively discussions usually.

But they usually have negative things to say about Madonna. Barbara Walters, who wasn't on today, has defended the adoption but little else concerning Madonna.

It just struck me how they completely missed the point and were so negative about her today. Then, they didn't even rip Kanye a new one at all. Whoopie kind of even excused it a bit. I mean, if ANYONE deserved to be ripped it was Kanye. Yet Madonna was the one they really ripped on. LOL. She just can't do anything right I guess.

I actually loved seeing the audience watch Madonna during her speech. I love seeing the respect from her contemporaries.

But of course. The girls in the front row were all EYES on her. ASPIRATION face to face.

The show is actually interesting and they have great/lively discussions usually.

But they usually have negative things to say about Madonna. Barbara Walters, who wasn't on today, has defended the adoption but little else concerning Madonna.

It just struck me how they completely missed the point and were so negative about her today. Then, they didn't even rip Kanye a new one at all. Whoopie kind of even excused it a bit. I mean, if ANYONE deserved to be ripped it was Kanye. Yet Madonna was the one they really ripped on. LOL. She just can't do anything right I guess.

Stop wasting your time watching that mess. You should be watching Dr. Oz like me :drool::thumbsup:

Guest ursaminorjim

"Video of the decade" Single Ladies could have been shot in 1986, iconic maybe, but low budget and dull otherwise.

Disagree. For such a simple video, it's completely riveting. Everything about it is pretty much perfect - the lighting, the camera moves, the choreography, even the ridiculous metal hand. It's a perfect reflection of the song's sound, but doesn't replace the song with its own images, which I consider to be the true measure of a great video.