Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

wMOeM

We Need a Lil Mama Thread.

:lmao: Seriously wtf was she doing there?????? So stupid, I also thought it was an audience member that got onstage and was wondering why the security didn't get her down..

I can't seem to find the episode of the view (for free and NON US residents, that is) so can anyone please tell me what exactly each one of the view said? I read comments on eonline bashing what kate gosselin, a guest, apparently z-list who rather exposes her family and makes money of it than go to work, said about Madonna and most people defended M, but I can't find what the other people of the view said about her.

What bothers me the most is that people often feel the NEED to say negative things for no apparent reason. The speech was wonderful, period. She only compared herself to MJ to make her point, and puhlease, the speech was more than 6 minutes long, she only talked about 'herself' the first five seconds. And even so, who cares? Like I said, she was trying to make a point, I can't believe that some people didn't see that. It's as if they only remembered those first few seconds of the speech and completely forgot about the rest of it. In fact, even a lot of people that are average viewers or don't even really like Madonna "get" her speech, respect her for making this wonderful speech and I even read one comment that said out of all tributes and things that happened for michael since his death, her speech was the most honest of them, the best of everything, because it summurized what MJ is to the fans and what he meant to them. They especially loved her anecdotes. It was all just so simple and personal and so honest. For people to NOT see that just because of those five seconds of talking about herself (even though she didnt really "talk about herself", once again, she was trying to make a point) is really ignorant. It sounds to me that those are the same kind of people who would hate Madonna for saving a cure to cancer or aids. To some people, she just can't do anything right..

BTW: let's not forget that some people just love drama, love catfights, love to talk about people or issues and just love to bitch. Maybe that's all there is to it. And the reason why Kayne (according to what I'm reading here) seemed to get some support of one of the women of the view, may have to do with the reason that he gets so many negative reactions right now, I bet that by next week it will be "cool" again or seem "more intelligent" to look at the kayne thing in a different perspective and say something positive.

I see how the speech could be misconstrued as Madonna making it all about herself. But then again, what could she talk about? She made it personal and talked about how she saw Michael through her own eyes. Otherwise it would just be 5 minutes of another WASNT HE AN AMAZING GENIUS speech. I remember thinking the same when she wrote a piece about Gianni Versace after he died. She didn't talk about HIM but about HER experiences with him and her memories of him. It makes it more touching and personal I think.

Guest Pud Whacker

I see how the speech could be misconstrued as Madonna making it all about herself. But then again, what could she talk about? She made it personal and talked about how she saw Michael through her own eyes. Otherwise it would just be 5 minutes of another WASNT HE AN AMAZING GENIUS speech. I remember thinking the same when she wrote a piece about Gianni Versace after he died. She didn't talk about HIM but about HER experiences with him and her memories of him. It makes it more touching and personal I think.

i agree.

yes, she always does that. in keith harings authorized biography, she wrote a piece in the same vain. and the martha graham piece in 94 bazaar.

Her speech was so concise and astute. I have been feeling for years that society and people are abandoning their responsibilities and the important things in life. That is where my obsession with the 1950s stems from. I think Madonna is yet again ultimately amazing for bringing something to the forefront which has been long forgotten; Respondible action.

The 1950s werent all that wonderful either....

But I agree. These cunts need to lay off Madonna. But people hate her. And nothing she does will ever change that. To them her whole life is simply one big heartless pre planned publicity stunt. People that think that might as well just call her the biggest coldhearted evil woman that ever lived. Its kind of sick when you think about it.

She brings up her dead mom only for publicity..

She has children only for publicity...

She adopts only for publicity...

She gives a speech in memory of Michael only for publicity...

She secretly helps her brother write a tell all book about her...for publicity...? :blink:

When she dies they will say, "There goes Madonna again. Dropping dead for publicity. What an attention seeking skank."

These women of "The View" represent the voices of boring middle-aged conservative housewives so of course they're going to be hostile when it comes to the topic of Madonna. The show is abismal with nothing to offer but background noise to a uneventful morning that involves cleaning the house or making the bed. And anyone that promotes sanity would not hold a candle to these womens opinions.

These women of "The View" represent the voices of boring middle-aged conservative housewives so of course they're going to be hostile when it comes to the topic of Madonna. The show is abismal with nothing to offer but background noise to a uneventful morning that involves cleaning the house or making the bed.

If you want to know the truth though I wish I could be like these housewives. I would love to just sit home all day and clean. :lol: :vanitybonet:

I like this write up from fourfour, mostly because he's an eloquent writer and usually a Madonna snark:

To me, the highlight of the night was Madonna, weirdly. Here's her tribute to Michael Jackson. It's worth watching again, I think:

Putting the misguided arrogance and accent aside for once, Madonna proved that she is at her most eloquent when she is plainspoken. I don't know who wrote this, but given the level of personal detail, it's clear that she had a lot of input. (Although, Michael Jackson didn't become a superstar at age 6 -- "I Want You Back," the Jackson 5's first hit, came out in 1969, when he was 11. That doesn't mean Michael Jackson had a happy childhood or one at all, it just means that Madonna's too-perfect parallel was, in fact, too perfect.) That inaccuracy was the only misstep -- Madonna's perspective was so valuable as MJ's one true peer. (That may be an exaggeration, but if it is, it's not by much.) She was able to make her speech personal, yet relatable. One of those things coming from a superstar is remarkable -- both at once seems something close to a miracle. I felt like everything about this -- from the delivery to the details like french fries and a quiet movie night at home -- was full of humility. It's nice to be reminded that such a trait is possible within superstars. (Love you, too, Bey!)

It's so weird, because for over a decade, I've been wishing that Madonna would just shut up and not try to say anything beyond insipid pop-music sentiment. I had no idea she had this kind of grace in her. I'm glad to be proven wrong about her, yet again.

And I have to say that I enjoyed Madonna's tribute more than Janet's.

I'm suprised The View ladies acted like that...especially being Madonna has been on their show before. I'm questioning if any of them really heard the whole speech and maybe are just basing their opinion on the very beginning of it? Anyway, they've gone down a notch or two in my book now because I don't see how anyone could not see what a heart warming speech that was for MJ. If I was Madonna, I'd never agree to do their show again. Also, I hope Barbra Walters is peaved at them for it because I think she likes and respects Madonna and liked having her on the show?

If you want to know the truth though I wish I could be like these housewives. I would love to just sit home all day and clean. :lol: :vanitybonet:

:lol: :lol: and wait for your husband to come home?? :horn:

Some people r just moronic fucks plain & simple.

Madonna's speech was wonderful, brilliant even if u look at the context.

I mean the Queen of MTV, a megastar, a cultural icon, & alledgedly: a human being.

Paying tribute 2 the King at the MTV Video Music Awards. Wonderful how she built her speech

from one Icon 2 another, letting the audience relate 2 Michael Jackson as a person & a superstar.

From her own point of view & experience. I loved how she, the superstar,

expressed how she was in awe of his talent. How she, like him an artist & entertainer, hurt by life, became 'obsessed'.

How honest she was, 'I can't say we were great friends'. Compartively mentioning the death of her own mother,

'He got the shorter end of the stick.' Listening 2 her words I felt that I understood Michael Jackson.

Such is her talent 4 the rethoric.

Only a fool fails 2 relate. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.

Some people r just moronic fucks plain & simple.

Madonna's speech was wonderful, brilliant even if u look at the context.

I mean the Queen of MTV, a megastar, a cultural icon, & alledgedly: a human being.

Paying tribute 2 the King at the MTV Video Music Awards. Wonderful how she built her speech

from one Icon 2 another, letting the audience relate 2 Michael Jackson as a person & a superstar.

From her own point of view & experience. I loved how she, the superstar,

expressed how she was in awe of his talent. How she, like him an artist & entertainer, hurt by life, became 'obsessed'.

How honest she was, 'I can't say we were great friends'. Compartively mentioning the death of her own mother,

'He got the shorter end of the stick.' Listening 2 her words I felt that I understood Michael Jackson.

Such is her talent 4 the rethoric.

Only a fool fails 2 relate. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.

:clap:

She's a class act. I doubt he would have done the same for her. I'm not aware of any other star of her stature that consistently pays respect so publicly and so eloquently. Her eulogies for Gianni, Herb, Keith, MJ, Martha G and others show a true sense of respect, for people and for life and death.

Guest ursaminorjim

Jeez, from the sound of it I though they supposedly ripped her apart! That wasn't that bad. I mean, I felt the same way when she started off (she does have a tendency to make things all about her), but that shifted...well, pretty much at the point where the clip they showed ended.

It was a cheap laugh on their part, nothing more. Hardly the character assassination I thought it was gonna be.

Guest jamesshot

Jeez, from the sound of it I though they supposedly ripped her apart! That wasn't that bad. I mean, I felt the same way when she started off (she does have a tendency to make things all about her), but that shifted...well, pretty much at the point where the clip they showed ended.

It was a cheap laugh on their part, nothing more. Hardly the character assassination I thought it was gonna be.

I disagree. They took a very heartfelt, very personal and very moving tribute and turned it into something ugly. The clear implication was Madonna didn't do this for MJ but out of some egotistical narcissistic need to make this about her. They don't have to spell it out for you for you to understand they think she had the worst motives. It was extremely cynical and actually disgusting. Where I come from, when someone questions your motives and assume the worst that is a very bad thing. They impugned her character for crying out loud.

Guest ursaminorjim

I disagree. They took a very heartfelt, very personal and very moving tribute and turned it into something ugly. The clear implication was Madonna didn't do this for MJ but out of some egotistical narcissistic need to make this about her. They don't have to spell it out for you for you to understand they think she had the worst motives. It was extremely cynical and actually disgusting. Where I come from, when someone questions your motives and assume the worst that is a very bad thing. They impugned her character for crying out loud.

Then you should have your seconds call on them, slap them with a glove and challenge them to a duel for besmirching the fair lady Madonna's character so very egregiously.

Pistols at dawn!

I agree with Jameshot. It wasn't egotistical. It was "personal"....which is different than being egotistical or self centered. She was trying to write it from her heart and for why she always felt 'a connection' with MJ. The things she listed were all true and very coincidental when you think about it especially in noting how the two are referred from many as the King and Queen of Pop. And for anyone that knows something about speech writing, knows you need a hook like that in the beginning to grab people (not that much different than when you write a song)....which she did just that with it. It was brilliant. The conclusion was brilliant too. Those women have not a clue. They just don't get "it".

Guest jamesshot

Then you should have your seconds call on them, slap them with a glove and challenge them to a duel for besmirching the fair lady Madonna's character so very egregiously.

Pistols at dawn!

Oh now! :)

Like I said earlier in this thread, this is nothing at the end of the day but it just sucked they took away a small part of a lovely speech. It gets very tiring when some won't even give Madonna an inch yet they are willing to give others a mile.

Ehh oh well. What's a fag to do?

Guest ursaminorjim

They didn't take anything away from her - the speech still exists. Anyone who thinks that her tribute was solely in service of herself is an idiot, and if people wanna believe that to be the case based on a 25-second snippet highlighted on a talk show? Their loss.

Again, though, it was hardly a scathing attack. They made a joke commentary based on a small snippet. That's all. Who really gives a shit? :lol: