Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

Why did Madonna say she had 8 siblings (I thought she just had 6? or 5?) and that her mother died when she was 6 (she always change this number "my mother died when i was five" <- Mother & Father)... I mean I get it.. it fit the whole speech but still.. feels kinda weird... that was probably the only thing that kind of stuck to my mind

other than that her speech was freaking brilliant and she really is a great speaker.. classy, personal and interesting and with good points made..

I still think MJ was overrated so... but still it was a great speech and probably the best one out of all these MJ speeches we've heard since he died.

the whole TAYLOR SWIFT thing was beyond hilarious. ahhhhhhhhhaahahaha. Kanye is such a dick. Beyonce ripped off choreography from Bob Fosse and stuck it on a white background. The video grabbed attention, but it was hardly ground breaking. Taylor Swift must have felt like shit. I absolutely love it and Beyonces face while she said 'KANYE!!!'.

he wasn't being pro beyonce, he was being pro black.

:vanitybonet:

I love it how JJ milks on her brother's death now...

they all do... it seems the Jacksons all work the same when it comes to taking advantage of eachother... weird family

Pure ignorance as usual. Have you listened to the song? It's OBVIOUSLY a shout out to her brother (if your musical knowledge covers Off The Wall of course). What better timing to release it? Its not like she's charging for it.

he wasn't being pro beyonce, he was being pro black.

Actually this is the exact feeling I got to.

Didn't he complain in the past that he didn't get awards because he was black and stuff??

And the fact that this all white country chick wins the award and Beyoncé was the only black artist that was nominated for this one, was probably just too much for him..

He feels kinda racist actually.

Anyways he's such a douche but he makes good music though... but I will never pay for his things though.. he is not worth it

Kayne = free download product

Pure ignorance as usual. Have you listened to the song? It's OBVIOUSLY a shout out to her brother (if your musical knowledge covers Off The Wall of course). What better timing to release it? Its not like she's charging for it.

Oh whatever

I think this whole family have always been milking on eachother (especially when it comes to Michael)... But I guess this wasn't the worst of the things though.. eventhough it's free or whatever it's still promo for HER aswell...

Actually this is the exact feeling I got to.

Didn't he complain in the past that he didn't get awards because he was black and stuff??

And the fact that this all white country chick wins the award and Beyoncé was the only black artist that was nominated for this one, was probably just too much for him..

He feels kinda racist actually.

Anyways he's such a douche but he makes good music though... but I will never pay for his things though.. he is not worth it

Kayne = free download product

up, he sure did, zezwer. that's who/what he does.

:vanitybonet:

Why did Madonna say she had 8 siblings (I thought she just had 6? or 5?) and that her mother died when she was 6 (she always change this number "my mother died when i was five" <- Mother & Father)... I mean I get it.. it fit the whole speech but still.. feels kinda weird... that was probably the only thing that kind of stuck to my mind

other than that her speech was freaking brilliant and she really is a great speaker.. classy, personal and interesting and with good points made..

I still think MJ was overrated so... but still it was a great speech and probably the best one out of all these MJ speeches we've heard since he died.

She has 7 siblings and another died at birth.

As I recall she was 6, or nearly 6, when her mother died.

She does have 7 brothers and sisters, But I remember reading that there was a sibling who died as a baby(Joan was the mother). So she is correct in saying that she has or rather had 8 brothers and sisters.

She does have 7 brothers and sisters, But I remember reading that there was a sibling who died as a baby(Joan was the mother). So she is correct in saying that she has or rather had 8 brothers and sisters.

Aha I see!

Where did I get the 6 number from??

Oh.. never trust wikipedia that is!

my fault...

ok then it all made sense...

and it was amazing!!

She looked very much like VMA's 1995 (especially the hair did it) and that happens to be one of my favorite Madonna looks of all time.. I love her looks during the BS/mid 90's era in general

She has 7 siblings and another died at birth.

As I recall she was 6, or nearly 6, when her mother died.

losing a sibling, even a baby you dont actually "know" yet as s/he was just born is also a very difficult thing to go through, im surprised that not many people actually know she lost a sibling.

Saw the clips of the VMAs. I'm convinced either Kayne is battling issues with being bipolar, or that he's just be a general ass. Either way, he's kinda worthless as a musician.

Madge - awesome speech. She also looked her age, which isn't bad at all; in fact she looked radiant. Hope she continues to feel comfortable about aging now.

Janet - looks good again, shame her segment was so short. And bigger shame that we had to see cutaways of Jermaine and the devil incarnate that is Joe Jackson.

Pink - I don't get why she had to do the theatrics, tbh. She has the voice that she doesn't need to do the Cirque du Loleil type performances.

Gaga - eh, period blood. Whatever.

I suppose this will be one of the more memorable VMAs based on the star power alone.

Oh whatever

I think this whole family have always been milking on eachother (especially when it comes to Michael)... But I guess this wasn't the worst of the things though.. eventhough it's free or whatever it's still promo for HER aswell...

Yes a song not related to anything (album/movie) tossed off on her site for her fans with no fanfare at all is TREMENDOUS promo. Can't you see the media going crazy over it already? :rolleyes:

losing a sibling, even a baby you dont actually "know" yet as s/he was just born is also a very difficult thing to go through, im surprised that not many people actually know she lost a sibling.

She talked about it in the Q magazine from 2003. Quite ironically (!) it was at the same interview that she last publicly talked about Michael J before his death.

She mentions the child who died after being asked about her own mortality.

Here's the part:

Look on the bright side, you could be Michael Jackson. "I haven't seen that documentary [Living With Michael Jackson], but it sounds disgusting, like he [Martin Bashir] exploited a friendship. Publicly humiliating someone for your own gain will only come and haunt you. I can assure you, all these people will be sorry. God's going to have his revenge."

When Madonna was six her mother died of breast cancer. She broaches the subject on Mother And Father, the most touchingly powerful track on American Life. "That song is a way of letting go of the sadness and moving on," she reflects. She claims she has been searching for a reason for her existence since her mother died.

"Most people ask it, but they don't dwell on it. Don't you really want to know why you're here? Do you really think that life is just about being born, making lots of money, finding someone to have kids with, then dying?'

Are these thoughts accelerated the more you become aware of your own mortality? "I've always been aware of my own mortality. Because when I was growing up there was always a lot of death around me. My mother died, my uncle died, my grandfather died, all in a really short space of time. My father re-married and had a child with step-mother, and that child died.

"When I moved to New York in 1978, six men died in front of my eyes. I watched them take their last breath. I've always had that feeling of, What is the point of living and of life? Then you have children and you have so much love for them, and you think, Oh my God, if anything ever happened to them I'd kill myself. Not literally, God forbid. All these questions get thrown up and you'd have to be an idiot not to want answers."

Guest Pud Whacker

^

I was thinking more Faye Dunaway doing Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest. :lol:

She still looked foxy though.

thats bizarre. joan never had long blond hair.

thats bizarre. joan never had long blond hair.

I'm thinking more about the few scenes in the film where Faye is sporting this rather bouffant hairdo like Joan. Madonna seems to channel that for me, with a little bit of Ann Margaret.

Edited by StrikeItUp

Guest bruinboy222

i heard they are discussing Madonna on The View today and dissin her speech....that it was all about her (which i kinda agree with)...and the ladies from The View keep repeating "And so was I"

KANYE'S APOLOGY

what about using your brain before you did such a thing????????

It's too late to apologize. The damage is done.