M with Jesus, Lourdes and Steven Klein at Lady Gaga's show Saturday night

Bitch

nein. do your homework before you reply to me.

What homework? Just because I don't listen to or read what all these critics are saying... stating Ga Ga is the "next Madonna" means I haven't done my homework. I'm just being honest. I have better things to do than seek out what critics/media think of Madonna and/or compare her to other artists, etc. But again, I've only heard the "new/next Madonna" thing from fans. I didn't say it wasn't being said by the media. Furthermore, I've already said I could care less if people compare the two. I like them both. I needn't make a contest out of it as some are here.

Guest Pud Whacker
What homework? Just because I don't listen to or read what all these critics are saying... stating Ga Ga is the "next Madonna" means I haven't done my homework. I'm just being honest. I have better things to do than seek out what critics/media think of Madonna and/or compare her to other artists, etc. But again, I've only heard the "new/next Madonna" thing from fans. I didn't say it wasn't being said by the media. Furthermore, I've already said I could care less if people compare the two. I like them both. I needn't make a contest out of it as some are here.

great and youre not obligated to but i suggest you dont speak with authority. :thumbsup:

as a hard core (as you stated you were), hardcores usually scan everything for the name. and before you pounce, i said usually.

great and youre not obligated to but i suggest you dont speak with authority. :thumbsup:

as a hard core (as you stated you were), hardcores usually scan everything for the name. and before you pounce, i said usually.

Let me ask... why do you assume you're the only "authority" on anything Madonna? I don't discredit that you have been a long time fan or you don't know your shit. Though, I would never assume you're not this hardcore fan because you don't listen to the bullshit and comparisons. But I do find it quite odd for a person such as yourself who claims to never follow trends and what is popular, that you are criticizing me for not following any little mention/comparison to Madonna. I just simply don't care anymore. I am secure with my appreciation for Madonna. I've been a fan since almost the beginning. If someone wants to say... so and so is "the next Madonna". Then so be it. I've heard it all before and I know how it usually plays out. The artist disappears into oblivion or they find their own path and like Madonna has borrowed from other artists, they may borrow from Madonna. That cannot be denied.

At this time, I know that no one is going to be the "next Madonna". They may reach a similar fame status and sales status, but there have other artists before and during Madonna's fame that achieved great fame and sales status. In the end, Madonna is Madonna. There will never be another Madonna.

But I must say again, I do feel most of these comparisons are coming from fans. And in this case, I've only heard that Ga Ga is "the new Madonna" among fans who are either thinking she is or disagreeing that she is. I personally disagree!

Guest Pud Whacker
Let me ask... why do you assume you're the only "authority" on anything Madonna? I don't discredit that you have been a long time fan or you don't know your shit. Though, I would never assume you're not this hardcore fan because you don't listen to the bullshit and comparisons. But I do find it quite odd for a person such as yourself who claims to never follow trends and what is popular, that you are criticizing me for not following any little mention/comparison to Madonna. I just simply don't care anymore. I am secure with my appreciation for Madonna. I've been a fan since almost the beginning. If someone wants to say... so and so is "the next Madonna". Then so be it. I've heard it all before and I know how it usually plays out. The artist disappears into oblivion or they find their own path and like Madonna has borrowed from other artists, they may borrow from Madonna. That cannot be denied.

At this time, I know that no one is going to be the "next Madonna". They may reach a similar fame status and sales status, but there have other artists before and during Madonna's fame that achieved great fame and sales status. In the end, Madonna is Madonna. There will never be another Madonna.

But I must say again, I do feel most of these comparisons are coming from fans. And in this case, I've only heard that Ga Ga is "the new Madonna" among fans who are either thinking she is or disagreeing that she is. I personally disagree!

ill answer the first question. i dont consider myself the ONLY or even AN authority. ive just been a fan since 83 and anything that came across my eyes with her name ive read, listened, or watched.

im what they call a hardcore fan from the beginning. before she even had a video that was aired on MTV. thats all.

---

as for joanne,. why youre taking this so personally, i dont know. cause madonna went to the show?

anyway, shes a talented girl. she will probably go far. will one of her songs get in my path along the way that i may like? i dont rule it out. am i on the bandwagon now? certainly not. i think shes a joke at this point.

but things always change.

i never thought i would think christina aguilera had a good voice and then my friend from junior high school showed me her singing a james brown song on the grammys and she blew me away.

do i listen to her other stuff? no.

What I've heard from Gaga is remotely enjoyable (if not rather generic). She seems to have some talent though.

However, on first glance her image is more interesting than her music...although she seems to be trying WAY too hard to be 'original', 'cutting edge' or 'avant garde' for her own good, making her seem more than a bit pretentious. I feel like she is acting bizarre and dressing different just for the sake of it.

ill answer the first question. i dont consider myself the ONLY or even AN authority. ive just been a fan since 83 and anything that came across my eyes with her name ive read, listened, or watched.

im what they call a hardcore fan from the beginning. before she even had a video that was aired on MTV. thats all.

---

as for joanne,. why youre taking this so personally, i dont know. cause madonna went to the show?

anyway, shes a talented girl. she will probably go far. will one of her songs get in my path along the way that i may like? i dont rule it out. am i on the bandwagon now? certainly not. i think shes a joke at this point.

but things always change.

i never thought i would think christina aguilera had a good voice and then my friend from junior high school showed me her singing a james brown song on the grammys and she blew me away.

do i listen to her other stuff? no.

Back up dude and re-read my previous replies which you've read and quoted. I had stated that I've been a fan of Lady Ga Ga last year. My appreciation for her has nothing to do with Madonna. And just because Madonna went to her show, doesn't mean she is a fan of Ga Ga. But I suspect she appreciates her and probably is intrigued by her and interested in the impact she may have on this current generation of music.

The only thing I've taken personal is the whole silly "authority" comment you've made. You simply assumed because I haven't heard from the media that Lady Ga Ga is the "new Madonna" that I'm hardly up to snuff on Madonna or better yet privileged to talk about Madonna with you. Go figure! And to think all those late nights I used to sit by my VCR to record anything Madonna and her videos on MTV or FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS.... All those clippings and pics I used to put in this scrap book and wallpaper my bedroom with.... All those times I ran out to the store to pick up the latest single, twelve inch on vinyl which are all stored nicely in protection now.... All those hours I used to spend listening to her music "over and over". The many buttons and posters that I bought. All the shows I've been too. Even catching her slightly embellishing her stories in how she came to NYC with only $35 in her pocket, asking the cabby to be dropped off in the middle of everything... Times Square. Knowing before Madonnamania and the LAV performance on MTV that she had already made a big impact on MTV with her LUCKY STAR and BORDERLINE videos. But of course, this isn't a contest who is more of an authority on Madonna is it? Of course, you reign above all of us. :wacko:

Dude, you and I are practically the same age. You may have been to some club appearance, etc., before she became the huge phenomenon (lucky you, if so), but I've been following this woman for almost just as long.

quite naturally she she will seen to be the next madonna by the media. i cant remember how lady gaga rose to fame but it is something she worked for and not off the back of a mickey mouse club. lady gaga like madonna had a club following, an underground star before becoming mainstream.

all these kylies, britneys, christinas cant compete with madonna because they were tv stars before hitting it big and not performers on the underground/club circuit.

OK....well, I've read numerous times, especially about GaGa that she has that "Madonna quality" that made her so unique in the early days. So based on that many have come to the conclusion (blogs, boards, media) that she is the current, most natural contender for taking over Madonna's "throne". So I didn't make this up off the top of my head, I'm basing my comment on MANY MANY comments I've read over the past few months.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
guyoseary i saw ladygaga tonight. i had a great time.. it was refreshing to see an artist put on a good show.. shes very talented..

He's right :thumbsup:

From LadyStarlights [Gaga's creative mentor] Twitter:

i luv u all! who was there? Madonna, Cyndi, Kanye, Marc Jacobs, David LaChapelle, Semi Precious and of course mama, papa and sister gaga!

Love that people hate Gaga and that she's unstoppable, must be annoying for some :demonic: keep it coming baby.

:thumbsup:

i have no idea why the media has to create this next madonna, or next britney etc. why dont people just appreciate gaga or madonna for who they are.

I needn't Madonna to endorse Lady Ga Ga for me to like her. I liked her long before. And I do understand why Lady Ga Ga appeals to Madonna. Lady Ga Ga has a unique appeal as Madonna does.

By the way, I don't think Lady Ga Ga is "the next Madonna". She's unique enough to stand on her own.

yes i read the gaga thread. there is obvious a negative and a positive buzz about her, madonna expereinced that and thrived on it. poker face has grown on me considerably although i dont find the album that good overall.

you check the gaga theads to see how these queens were bitching about her, even got to the point where they became spelling teachers.

i reckon they were 35 plus queens though who can't keep up with any new talent coming in. INNIT!

I wasn't into Gaga at first, but I bought her album a few weeks ago and now i'm a fan. Not sayin she's this mega talent, but she is decent enough and I enjoy her music, style, etc. That's cool Madonna went to the show though and Cyndi as well.

yes i read the gaga thread. there is obvious a negative and a positive buzz about her, madonna expereinced that and thrived on it. poker face has grown on me considerably although i dont find the album that good overall.

The "negative" buzz surrounding Madonna when she hit the scene had to do with the fact that she made people uncomfortable, often times to the point of disgust.....the whole virgin/whore thing....and with the name Madonna....can't get much better than that really. Madonna's image fit with her persona and music she was creating at the time. Gaga's image seems to have nothing to do with her music at all. Any negativity regarding GaGa is because people seem to think she's pretentious, fake and just tries too hard to be "odd". Totally different I think. I agree with what I think you are getting at though and that is that Madonna's career has thrived on the whole love/hate thing with the public/media. But the buzz around GaGa is nothing like that IMO.

I appreciate the fact that she has made it pretty much on her own and has adapted this oddball sort of image that does stand out in a world of celebs who generally all look the same to me. They all want to be "Barbie" usually and it's boring. GaGa....as pretentious and "PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!!!" as it all is, is at least funner to look at and when you see a pic of her you KNOW it's her. There's no second guessing. Girl has got to work on the music though....it's Britney-lite at best.....which makes it unacceptable to listen to! :) I find Blackout more "edgy" in sound than anything on The Fame.

give me that devil haring skirt and my ciccone whore face anyday!!! at 25 OR 85. :thumbsup:

beat that tambourine, cowbell and guitar, not clog foot lumpitous up on keyboard. :lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
THIS...

682ede91.jpg

I prefer a woman with a bit of meat on her bones, her ass is GREAT.

Guest Pud Whacker
I prefer a woman with a bit of meat on her bones, her ass is GREAT.

right on, take a bite out of crime:

a177c03f.jpg

i prefer mine trim and tight, not swinging saloon doors...^

bd04cff7.jpg

Perezito Twitters:

P.S. We hear Madonna loved the show! And Lourdes too - she was videotaping a lot of Gagaloo's performance.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
right on, take a bite out of crime:

i prefer mine trim and tight, not swinging saloon doors...^

:thumbsup:

madonnahctour.jpg

“Madonna loved Gaga’s show,” said our wintess. “Especially when Gaga played “Future Love” on the piano. Lourdes was singing along to every word.”

At the end of Gaga’s set, the out-there singer was presented with a gold record for her current album “The Fame.” After thanking the audience and her label, she then thanked her “amazing” opening band, Semi Precious Weapons.

But Madge and Lourdes missed that. They left halfway through the show —”probably because Gaga went on late, around 1 a.m., and Madge is a good mom!” — says our source. Other celebs continued on to Bungalow 8 for the after-party, where Kanye West tried to keep a low profile. “He was very weird about people knowing he was there. He didn’t seem to want anyone to know he was out,” snitches an insider. Maybe he should’ve “Just Dance(d)”!

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/05/..._lady_gaga.html