M with Jesus, Lourdes and Steven Klein at Lady Gaga's show Saturday night

Bitch

i can assure you that when madonna attended the spice girls or britney - my opinion has NEVER shifted - not even for a second. :rotfl:

and mine won't shift in this case either.

i can assure you that when madonna attended the spice girls or britney - my opinion has NEVER shifted - not even for a second. :rotfl:

Well said!

Madonna could attend every show lady caca does and she would still bore me!

still don't get the hoopla over this gaga thing

she's a 1 trick pony

will be over by her next album

don't judge new artists like this. GaGa is one of the few will go on and on ;)

Yay! Gaga is great fun, very talented and the closest we've come to a successor to Madonna. Madonna is a million times prettier though.

Someone on Piggy Hilton said:

'Gaga is our generation's Madonna except she's a better musician!' ...Hmmm....

Good I'm glad she went. Maybe she can teach Gaga how to write a GoodGood pop song instead of the generic, watered down "dance" music on her album.

Sorry....but Gaga's stage looks interesting enough, her image IS enough to make one look twice at her. But the music is just simply NOT that good. It's so standard, run of the mill....PAP! Somehow for me the image doesn't fit the music. With her practically begging to be taken seriously as an artist and then hearing what is on her album....something just doesn't mesh for me. I will say this though....I would rather see her perform than hear her album. I do think the girl has genuine talent, hopefully she can do something good with it musically on her next album.

It's amazing that the first blonde haired girl that comes along with a HINT of individuality....and the fact that she isn't quite as manufactured as the Britney's and X-tina's of the last ten years.....and all of a sudden she's the REAL new Madonna.....LOL. The "next Madonna" won't be called the "next Madonna" she will be her own thing just as Madonna was. The bitch has had 2 singles.....my God.

Guest nothingfails0603
Yay! Gaga is great fun, very talented and the closest we've come to a successor to Madonna. Madonna is a million times prettier though.

Someone on Piggy Hilton said:

'Gaga is our generation's Madonna except she's a better musician!' ...Hmmm....

what about Gwen Stefani? I think she's closer to Madonna than Gaga is, and she's had a dozen years to prove herself too.

Cyndi and Madonna should do something. Love them BOTH!

no they shouldnt LOL ! Cyndi is barely relevant enough to do a duet with RuPaul lol.

Does that mean some people here will suddenly change their tune about GaGa because the Queen likes her? Typical internet gays!

doesnt that theory usually hold true when its the reverse?

whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Pud...u dont like the SPICEY CHIX ? :chuckle:

Good I'm glad she went. Maybe she can teach Gaga how to write a GoodGood pop song instead of the generic, watered down "dance" music on her album.

Sorry....but Gaga's stage looks interesting enough, her image IS enough to make one look twice at her. But the music is just simply NOT that good. It's so standard, run of the mill....PAP! Somehow for me the image doesn't fit the music. With her practically begging to be taken seriously as an artist and then hearing what is on her album....something just doesn't mesh for me. I will say this though....I would rather see her perform than hear her album. I do think the girl has genuine talent, hopefully she can do something good with it musically on her next album.

It's amazing that the first blonde haired girl that comes along with a HINT of individuality....and the fact that she isn't quite as manufactured as the Britney's and X-tina's of the last ten years.....and all of a sudden she's the REAL new Madonna.....LOL. The "next Madonna" won't be called the "next Madonna" she will be her own thing just as Madonna was. The bitch has had 2 singles.....my God.

Who said anything about her being the next Madonna? Some of us just happen to like her record.

Jesus Christ, some people are really insecure about their idols. Some of you lot are worse than Michael Jackson fans who still think he's sexy.

Guest Pud Whacker
Who said anything about her being the next Madonna? Some of us just happen to like her record.

Jesus Christ, some people are really insecure about their idols. Some of you lot are worse than Michael Jackson fans who still think he's sexy.

happy day after your birthday but i think its you that are insecure about your joanne. some of us just dont like her, or britney, or the spice girls or avril levigne!!! flip that mirror around. :demonic:

Think this all started from your earlier remark in this thread! Not about insecurity at all, just personnal taste.

happy day after your birthday but i think its you that are insecure about your joanne. some of us just dont like her, or britney, or the spice girls or avril levigne!!! flip that mirror around. :demonic:

Thanks baby.

But seriously, I'm not even a 'fan' of Lady GaGa or anything. I just happen to like her album! I don't understand why it has to be twisted into something far bigger than it is. Why can't some fans just accept that other Madonna fans may actually, GOD FORBID, listen to music apart from Madonna's? It's all very bizarre to be honest.

And I appreciate that others may not like GaGa, Britney or whatever - but why is it that the reasons cited are always in relation to how 'inferior' they are to Madonna? It's as if they have to validate their Madonna fandom by putting these other girls down. Rather transparent, wouldn't you say?

Think this all started from your earlier remark in this thread! Not about insecurity at all, just personnal taste.

Well I must admit that was rather catty of me... but just look at the way it all unfolded.

I'm nothing if not reliable. :queenbitch:

Guest Pud Whacker
Thanks baby.

But seriously, I'm not even a 'fan' of Lady GaGa or anything. I just happen to like her album! I don't understand why it has to be twisted into something far bigger than it is. Why can't some fans just accept that other Madonna fans may actually, GOD FORBID, listen to music apart from Madonna's? It's all very bizarre to be honest.

And I appreciate that others may not like GaGa, Britney or whatever - but why is it that the reasons cited are always in relation to how 'inferior' they are to Madonna? It's as if they have to validate their Madonna fandom by putting these other girls down. Rather transparent, wouldn't you say?

totally. but, FOR ME, there is no comparison. just as there wasnt with britney, xtina or any of the myriad of others that have been called "the new madonna."

my friend said it best, we were going through newspaper clippings that he got off ebay and there were some of lola. he wiped it away with this foul look on his face and said, "im a fan of madonna not lourdes". :rotfl:

that made me laugh so hard. the reason i say that is because even an extention of madonna for some of us is just not madonna. she wont even be 'the next madonna'. we just dont care.

OK....well, I've read numerous times, especially about GaGa that she has that "Madonna quality" that made her so unique in the early days. So based on that many have come to the conclusion (blogs, boards, media) that she is the current, most natural contender for taking over Madonna's "throne". So I didn't make this up off the top of my head, I'm basing my comment on MANY MANY comments I've read over the past few months.

I don't get this bashing of Lady Ga Ga. But it seems it's typical of Madonna fans to bash most artists that may give Madonna a run for her money.

Will Lady Ga Ga just be a "one trick pony". Well, she's already proven she's not. She managed to create enough buzz around her album and first single before they were released. And then once the album came about several of her songs were big hits. So far the songs have longevity since POKER FACE is still at the top of the charts and her "Just Dance" recently was at the top of the charts when that has been released more than a year ago.

I like Lady Ga Ga. She really stands out artistically and has created this wild persona that makes her more interesting. And the thing is, I don't like all the songs on her "Fame" album. All the bonus tracks are obvious throw aways. But there are a number of songs on the album that definitely make up for it. I love that her voice can be quite beautiful while at times quite gritty.

I needn't Madonna to endorse Lady Ga Ga for me to like her. I liked her long before. And I do understand why Lady Ga Ga appeals to Madonna. Lady Ga Ga has a unique appeal as Madonna does.

By the way, I don't think Lady Ga Ga is "the next Madonna". She's unique enough to stand on her own.

Guest Pud Whacker
OK....well, I've read numerous times, especially about GaGa that she has that "Madonna quality" that made her so unique in the early days. So based on that many have come to the conclusion (blogs, boards, media) that she is the current, most natural contender for taking over Madonna's "throne". So I didn't make this up off the top of my head, I'm basing my comment on MANY MANY comments I've read over the past few months.

and for an entire new generation she may just be and im glad for it. and thank the lord jesus christ in heaven that i am what would lOndBO1 say? over 35? cause if i had to look and admire that mug and shoulder pad, i dont know what id do. :rotfl:

give me that devil haring skirt and my ciccone whore face anyday!!! at 25 OR 85. :thumbsup:

beat that tambourine, cowbell and guitar, not clog foot lumpitous up on keyboard. :lol:

and for an entire new generation she may just be and im glad for it. and thank the lord jesus christ in heaven that i am what would lOndBO1 say? over 35? cause if i had to look and admire that mug and shoulder pad, i dont know what id do. :rotfl:

give me that devil haring skirt and my ciccone whore face anyday!!! at 25 OR 85. :thumbsup:

beat that tambourine, cowbell and guitar, not clog foot lumpitous up on keyboard. :lol:

Well, I am not sure if you're being fair here. While you're entitled to enjoy whomever you like. It's obvious we're all Madonna fans. And I don't expect all Madonna fans will agree on who they like other than Madonna. With that said, Madonna has had her days of sporting some pretty ridiculous outfits. Do I really care? Because it's more than about what they look like for me. It's the whole package. No doubt Madonna has it. She will always be #1 for me, but I am able to look beyond Madonna and enjoy other artists who may or may not be compared to Madonna.

But again, I don't really think Madonna and Lady Ga Ga are alike other than they both stand out and are quite unique. If I was to be honest, Lady Ga Ga has a better voice. But what is interesting is that she mixes it up and is able to sing gritty and then sing really great all in the same song. POKER FACE is a great example of that.

If you don't like Lady Ga Ga, that is your choice, but let's remember it seems the things I see many fans criticize other artists for, are the same things critics have criticized Madonna for all through her career.

Guest Pud Whacker
Well, I am not sure if you're being fair here. While you're entitled to enjoy whomever you like. It's obvious we're all Madonna fans. And I don't expect all Madonna fans will agree on who they like other than Madonna. With that said, Madonna has had her days of sporting some pretty ridiculous outfits. Do I really care? Because it's more than about what they look like for me. It's the whole package. No doubt Madonna has it. She will always be #1 for me, but I am able to look beyond Madonna and enjoy other artists who may or may not be compared to Madonna.

But again, I don't really think Madonna and Lady Ga Ga are alike other than they both stand out and are quite unique. If I was to be honest, Lady Ga Ga has a better voice. But what is interesting is that she mixes it up and is able to sing gritty and then sing really great all in the same song. POKER FACE is a great example of that.

If you don't like Lady Ga Ga, that is your choice, but let's remember it seems the things I see many fans criticize other artists for, are the same things critics have criticized Madonna for all through her career.

again neut, i think thats FANTASTIC that you like this joanne. im not being condescending or anything. glow on!!!

but heres the thing. the more the press and plebs says shes the new madonna (as they did with britney and others) most of us hardcore fans are going to laugh and put a stake in it. and say:

NO!!!

just as im sure, die hard debbie harry fans did when madonna came along and the comparisons started. then after a year we can see the VAST difference between the two.

there is only one madonna, as there was one dietrich and there was one monroe. there is one joanne and if youre on that ship - HAPPY SAILS!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
I love it when Pud refers to her as Joanne :lmao:

well, i mean really - im not going to call someone gaga. ive been on food for quite some time. :lol:

again neut, i think thats FANTASTIC that you like this joanne. im not being condescending or anything. glow on!!!

but heres the thing. the more the press and plebs says shes the new madonna (as they did with britney and others) most of us hardcore fans are going to laugh and put a stake in it. and say:

NO!!!

just as im sure, die hard debbie harry fans did when madonna came along and the comparisons started. then after a year we can see the VAST difference between the two.

there is only one madonna, as there was one dietrich and there was one monroe. there is one joanne and if youre on that ship - HAPPY SAILS!!!!

But I am a "hard core Madonna fan". And to be honest, the only time I've read/heard that Lady Ga Ga is the "new Madonna" is from Madonna fans. Maybe the media is making the comparisons too, but I've yet to see them??? And frankly, I don't care. Any female artist who tends to stick out visually as Lady Ga Ga has and make a huge impact will always be compared to Madonna these days. I expect that, but it's hardly a reason I am going take great offense and purposely look for flaws or poke fun at her appearance. I like her because she's "Lady Ga Ga" not because I (or anyone else for that matter) think(s) she reminds me of Madonna. I never thought that.

guyoseary i saw ladygaga tonight. i had a great time.. it was refreshing to see an artist put on a good show.. shes very talented..

I guess they didn't think much of Prin Prin's Circus..... :chuckle:

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't think Gaga's either as great as her fans claim she is, but she's nowhere as bad as her detractors say she is either. Just look at her as someone who has a few catchy songs to her name and nothing more. I don't see her as some savior of pop music and I think she's okay, but I think people are so ready for a new "super-diva" (it's been a decade since Beyonce, Britney, Christina, etc... came along) that they will hop on the first train they see, and I think she needs to prove herself more before that.

But at the same time, she's not that bad, there's a lot of unlistenable crap out right now on the charts and it's nice to see an unabashed dance-pop singer who has no allegience to Disney Channel or any of that shit do well.

Her album is worth checking out, she's certainly not Madonna or any of the other "icons" but it's still a decent enough listen.

Guest Pud Whacker
But I am a "hard core Madonna fan". And to be honest, the only time I've read/heard that Lady Ga Ga is the "new Madonna" is from Madonna fans. Maybe the media is making the comparisons too, but I've yet to see them??? And frankly, I don't care. Any female artist who tends to stick out visually as Lady Ga Ga has and make a huge impact will always be compared to Madonna these days. I expect that, but it's hardly a reason I am going take great offense and purposely look for flaws or poke fun at her appearance. I like her because she's "Lady Ga Ga" not because I (or anyone else for that matter) think(s) she reminds me of Madonna. I never thought that.

nein. do your homework before you reply to me.