The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

It seems digital & physical release on the same day, based on what the promo CD says: September 14th.

They probably want a #1 debut. This is the infamous "repressing" Mariah so often does in the US.

I didn't know that!

But yeah that might sound like a good idea after all, it'll grow at radio, the video will be out by then and the tour will be over..maybe M will do a bit of promo?? The song could debut at #1 Hmmm, interesting!

Heard it a few times this afternoon on the radio...didn't help that the presenters took the mick out of it and called it vile. twats!

COULD this be the beginning of the end of MADONNA's reign as the Queen Of Pop?

The powers that be at Radio 1 have snubbed Madge by failing to playlist her new single Celebration.

The track, which sees the pop-skeleton collaborate with dance legend PAUL OAKENFOLD, has not made the A, B or C list for the UK's most popular and influential station.

And after some digging through chart history, that's the first time one of her singles has not made the playlist.

Madonna can console herself in the knowledge that at least Radio 2 have found a place for the song and have been playing it for the past two weeks.

This has been coming for a while.

Her Madgesty's last album, Hard Candy, didn't do as well as expected. Probably because it was rubbish.

I'm also sick of the sight of her parading around in her undercrackers.

On September 29 Madge will release her latest Greatest Hits compilation, also called Celebration.

I think I'll celebrate when she finally puts her feet up and calls it a day.

COULD this be the beginning of the end of MADONNA's reign as the Queen Of Pop?

The powers that be at Radio 1 have snubbed Madge by failing to playlist her new single Celebration.

The track, which sees the pop-skeleton collaborate with dance legend PAUL OAKENFOLD, has not made the A, B or C list for the UK's most popular and influential station.

And after some digging through chart history, that's the first time one of her singles has not made the playlist.

Madonna can console herself in the knowledge that at least Radio 2 have found a place for the song and have been playing it for the past two weeks.

This has been coming for a while.

Her Madgesty's last album, Hard Candy, didn't do as well as expected. Probably because it was rubbish.

I'm also sick of the sight of her parading around in her undercrackers.

On September 29 Madge will release her latest Greatest Hits compilation, also called Celebration.

I think I'll celebrate when she finally puts her feet up and calls it a day.

What a biased article! Where did it come from?

Has anyone in the UK thought of ringing Radio 1 to request the song? They might be told something like the station's not playing it or something....

What a biased article! Where did it come from?

Has anyone in the UK thought of ringing Radio 1 to request the song? They might be told something like the station's not playing it or something....

I heard Scott Mills play it once and the reaction was decidedly mixed. After Miles Away tanked, I'm wondering if Radio 1 are thinking she is no longer relevant for their target market? Trouble is, Radio 1 are so up themselves and think they are cool that they tend to be desperate to be cool rather than just play good songs. Lady GaGa is played to death because she is the latest thing. They are normally happy to play new singles weeks in advance and start to reduce play once the song charts in which case, this isn't good news that they aren't playing it. :wacko:

I was so annoyed when I read the sun. The newspaper is so 2 faced. I'd like to make a few points.

1- radio 1 not playlisted the song - yet! It will be!

2- hard candy did well in the current sales climate. It sold platinum here which is a big achievement.

3- main point. Gordon Smarts says he wants M to retire and is sick of her "parading in her undercrackers.'

This is from the same paper that slammed the tv show Strictly Come Dancing for sacking a female judge over the age of 60 . They have argued that the BBC have been ageist and condemned the treatment of women of a certain age in showbiz and employment in general. How then can the same paper knock a 51 year old star who has been the top of her game for over 25 years?

Yes I mean top of her game - forget individual chart positions this woman earns more than any other rock or pop star ! She is the top of her game still!

The sun will also be so nice to her when she's promoting the album here in the autumn and it wouldn't surprise me if this Gordon bloke does the interview. I'd hope we post this current article alongside a future one to show the two faces of this inadequate little pipsqueek!

Its strange Radio 1 are not playing M yet - normally they do play weeks in advance. It could at least be c-listed right now. The fact that Scott Mills played it once and its not c-listed yet looks bad. However, there is time. Radio 1 spend too much time trying to be cool - the DJ's as a whole dont seem that much into pop music but prefer Indie music it appears. DJ's like Jo Whiley fawn over indie/brit-pop bands when they come in to the studio.

I did hear Galaxy Manchester play Celebration Bennasi remix at about 7.30 pm yesterday just after a "J J " or whatever the name is remix of Lovegame by GAGA. Other songs included mixes of Sexy by Sugababes, SexyBitch by Akon/Guetta, Dancefloor by Cascada - sounded very uplifting. Listening to the Benassi remix on radio - sounds a bit faster that it should be and after the spoken part it goes a bit dull. I have a feeling local stations will play Celebration if Radio 1 wont.

Radio 1's ban does not mean anything - they banned Hips Dont Lie Shakira and it still spent about 6 weeks at no1.

Why are they not playing it - its not that good. Its good but sounds dated. Her age does not have anything to do with it but so many people will be thinking "look how old she is and she is making songs that a teenager should". The whole commercial pop music thing will probably put those off who got interested in her after ROL. Radio 1 gave her a lot of respect from ROL to even HC. HC Did put a lot of people off - the cover, the S & S tour photos, the quality of the songs.

Im not sure if the writer is being ageist/sexist - lets face it how many of us want to see Madonna turn into Cher after Believe? I definitely dont! i have a feeling Madonna is going to concentrate on very commercial poppy music for a while - aimed at teenagers. I hope im wrong because it wont work.

Mighty comfort HC sold less than 25% of its predecessor in the UK - how can you ay it did well for the current sales climate? Globally it did well - but in the UK it tanked - the lead single outsold the album - this has never happened in M's history. I dont think this happens with most established acts. Miles Away was ok but a very bland song but it ddi not stop Radio1 from playing it - was it a-listed for a while?

She has been facing a bit of a media backlash in the UK for the last year or so. The adoption, the divorce, the Wembley fiasco, being booed at the 02, HC poor sales.

A lot of the public who fell in love with her early when she first started out now view her as arrogant, rude and acting like someone half her age.

Her photo appears in the papers almost everyday, usually a photo of her and Jesus or with a skimpy outfits. The article accompanying

the photo and reader comments are for the most part negative. I also think in her 25 year career whenever she plays live in the UK she rarely plays outside

London and many casual fans simply cannot afford her ticket prices. She appears to have alienated many people and only has her hardcore fans left.

I am hoping the X Factor appearance and the GH album can turn things around. She will always have her diehard fans but she does need to connect

with the general public again.

Guest madgefan02

i wanna see madge and mimi go head to head in the us. both album and compilation released in the first week. then we will see who will get the better spot.

i wanna see madge and mimi go head to head in the us. both album and compilation released in the first week. then we will see who will get the better spot.

um...thanks. had no idea that it could all end up that way LOL. :blink::doofus:

Hopefully late release of celebration on 14th is due to an X factor performance! :dramatic:

I think her x factor appearance will be later than September .

It will be when they have the live shows with the finalists. September will be the early auditions moving to the boot camp selection.

X Factor live shows aren't til late OCTOBER, and Burke is TOP priority for a slot, what with the Sony BMG links. Madonna will have to fit around her. rotfl.gif

But hopefully her appearance will sustain steady sales until Christmas.

And you can thank ARLENE PHILLIPS if Madonna secures an airplay #1 with Celebration. Radio 1 probably won't want to spin it but inevitably will have to because of the ageism fallout. Urban radio (Galaxy, Kiss) are spinning quite substantially now.

The song WAS number one on the "Cool Club Cuts" chart in late July but has since dropped out of the countdown completely.

In other news, WBR bought ad space for a double-spread in a magazine (October issue, on shelfs in September) a friend works for to advertise the greatest hits but later changed it for one for Muse's "The Resistance" instead, which is released September 14. I wouldn't be suprised if they supressed the release date for a while to benefit from the X Factor hype.

I wanna see madge and mimi go head to head in the UK,Europe and Japan. Both album and compilation released in the first week. then we will see who will get the better spot.

It must be very interesting :lmao:

Oh, and for those who think her appearance on The X Factor is "beneath her", let us not forget her performance on the NATIONAL LOTTERY. I remember it clearly. It aired inbetween a report on how lottery money was being spent on a community centre in Newham and the actual RELEASE OF THE BALLS. rotfl.gif

The continuity announcement over the BBC One logo was FABULOUS though. "And now, the National Lottery with a very special guest." [titles] disco.gif

Finally, some good news! Hope doesn't peak to soon with release still a while away, people might have already got bored with it!

Radio Airplay:

1 1 Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling

2 2 Beyonce Sweet Dreams

3 3 Lily Allen 22

4 9 Pixie Lott Boys And Girls

5 4 JLS Beat Again

6 10 Calvin Harris Ready For The Weekend

7 5 Tinchy Stryder feat. Amelle Never Leave You

8 8 Dizzee Rascal Holiday

9 25 Madonna Celebration

10 6 Lady Gaga Paparazzi

11 26 Mika We Are Golden

12 21 Noisettes Wild Young Hearts

13 14 David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland When Love Takes Over

14 27 Sugababes Get Sexy

15 20 The Ian Carey Project Get Shaky

16 13 La Roux Bulletproof

17 16 Cascada Evacuate The Dancefloor

18 7 Frankmusik Confusion Girl (Shame Shame Shame)

19 12 Mr Hudson feat. Kanye West Supernova

20 11 Pitbull I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

Singles:

1 21 2 David Guetta feat. AkonSexy Chick

2 1 10 Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling

3 2 3 Tinchy Stryder feat. Amelle Never Leave You

4 3 2 Calvin Harris Ready For The Weekend

5 5 7 Beyonce Sweet Dreams

6 10 4 Little Boots Remedy

7 N 1 Esmee Denters Outta Here

8 6 5 Mr Hudson feat. Kanye West Supernova

9 4 2 Peter Andre Behind Closed Doors

10 9 3 The Ian Carey Project Get Shaky

11 N 1 Just Jack The Day I Died

12 7 6 JLS Beat Again

13 14 5 Sean Kingston Fire Burning

14 8 9 Pitbull I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

15 17 2 Jeremih Birthday Sex

16 12 9 La Roux Bulletproof

17 11 8 Cascada Evacuate The Dancefloor

18 13 17 Lady Gaga Paparazzi

19 16 11 David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland When Love Takes Over

20 15 2 Bloc Party One More Chance

21 18 15 Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow

22 24 4 Flo-Rida feat. Nelly Furtado Jump

23 37 4 Lily Allen 22

24 29 14 Daniel Merriweather Red

25 N 1 Sean Paul So Fine

26 22 11 Noisettes Never Forget You

27 20 6 Chicane Poppiholla

28 25 11 Jordin Sparks Battlefield

29 19 9 Eminem Beautiful

30 N 1 Kasabian Where Did All The Love Go

31 23 7 Chipmunk Feat. Emeli Sande Diamond Rings

32 27 23 La Roux In For The Kill

33 64 2 Lady Gaga Lovegame

34 26 14 Keri Hilson feat Kanye West & Ne-Yo Knock You Down

35 56 3 The Temper Trap Sweet Disposition

36 28 9 Florence & The MachineRabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

37 38 18 Tinchy Stryder feat. N-Dubz Number 1

38 34 32 Lady Gaga Poker Face

39 36 14 Dizzee Rascal Feat. Armand Van HeldenBonkers

40 42 20 Calvin Harris I'm Not Alone

41 32 12 Pussycat Dolls Hush Hush

42 30 13 Agnes Release Me

43 35 6 Pink FunHouse

44 33 5 Frankmusik Confusion Girl (Shame Shame Shame)

45 72 6 Arctic Monkeys Crying Lightning

46 43 12 Kasabian Fire

47 41 11 Pixie Lott Mama Do

48 39 6 30H!3 Don't Trust Me

49 45 48 Kings of Leon Sex On Fire

50 N 1 Tinchy Stryder You're Not Alone

51 48 25 Beyonce Halo

52 40 10 Michael Jackson Man In The Mirror

53 46 37 Jason Mraz I'm Yours

54 52 4 Taylor Swift You Belong With Me

55 31 2 Ian Brown Stellify

56 44 13 The Veronicas Untouched

57 67 2 Pitbull Hotel Room Service

58 51 22 Lily Allen Not Fair

59 50 11 Linkin Park New Divide

60 57 2 Keri Hilson Energy

61 47 7 Green Day 21 Guns

62 55 34 Lady Gaga Just Dance

63 N 1 Enter Shikari No Sleep Tonight

64 59 47 Kings of Leon Use Somebody

65 53 16 Soulja Boy Feat. SammieKiss Me Thru The Phone

66 69 15 Empire Of The Sun We Are The People

67 N 1 Daniel Merriweather Impossible

68 N 2 Paul Van Dyk For An Angel 2009

69 73 37 The Killers Human

70 R 38 Dizzee Rascal Feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome Dance Wiv Me

71 54 10 Freemasons feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)

72 61 3 Shontelle Battle Cry

73 58 16 Katy Perry Waking Up In Vegas

74 N 1 Athlete Superhuman Touch

75 N 1 Kelly Clarkson Already Gone

Albums:

1 N 1 Calvin Harris Ready For The Weekend

2 N 1 Tinchy Stryder Catch 22

3 2 40 Beyonce I Am Sasha Fierce

4 3 11 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D.

5 4 12 Paolo Nutini Sunny Side Up

6 1 19 Michael Jackson The Essential

7 6 7 Florence & The Machine Lungs

8 10 11 Kasabian West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

9 8 32 Lady Gaga The Fame

10 7 8 La Roux La Roux

11 5 8 The Stone Roses Stone Roses

12 9 15 Noisettes Wild Young Hearts

13 17 43 Pink FunHouse

14 18 47 James Morrison Songs For You, Truths For Me

15 14 48 Kings of Leon Only By The Night

16 13 28 Lily Allen It's Not Me It's You

17 23 39 The Killers Day & Age

18 20 12 Daniel Merriweather Love And War

19 12 5 Michael Jackson Bad

20 21 19 U2 No Line On The Horizon

21 11 9 Chicane Best Of

22 15 14 Eminem Relapse

23 16 9 Michael Jackson Thriller

24 24 15 Green Day 21st Century Breakdown

25 34 11 Little Boots Hands

26 27 26 The Prodigy Invaders Must Die

27 N 1 Vagabond You Don't Know The Half Of It

28 30 35 U2 U218 Singles

29 31 76 Duffy Rockferry

30 33 69 Elbow The Seldom Seen Kid

31 25 9 Michael Jackson Off The Wall

32 22 9 Michael Jackson & Jackson Five The Motown Years

33 19 4 Alison Krauss The Essential Alison Krauss

34 60 8 Michael Jackson & Jackson Five The Very Best Of

35 36 67 Abba Gold - Greatest Hits

36 N 1 The XX XX

37 38 37 Akon Freedom

38 28 38 Take That The Circus

39 N 1 Simian Mobile Disco Temporary Pleasure

40 29 7 Cascada Evacuate The Dancefloor

41 45 26 The Saturdays Chasing Lights

42 43 34 N-Dubz Uncle B

43 51 48 Ne-Yo Year Of The Gentleman

44 26 4 A-ha Foot Of The Mountain

45 64 46 Bob Marley & The WailersLegend

46 41 19 Calvin Harris I Created Disco

47 40 33 Jason Mraz We Sing We Dance We Steal Things

48 47 24 Taylor Swift Fearless

49 42 54 The Script The Script

50 39 5 Jordin Sparks Battlefield

51 48 55 Coldplay Viva La Vida

52 R 3 U2 The Joshua Tree Deluxe

53 59 20 Friendly Fires Friendly Fires

54 37 5 Michael Jackson The Collection

55 74 100 Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad

56 50 24 Stereophonics A Decade In The Sun - Best Of

57 32 2 The Temper TrapConditions

58 54 18 Stevie Wonder The Definitive Collection

59 61 32 Girls Aloud Out Of Control

60 58 44 Fleet Foxes Fleet Foxes

61 53 170 The Killers Hot Fuss

62 44 3 Michael JacksonDangerous

63 63 90 Paolo Nutini These Streets

64 R 22 Abba 18 Hits

65 46 7 Kings of Leon Boxed

66 55 29 Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits

67 66 62 MGMT Oracular Spectacular

68 70 18 White Lies To Lose My Life

69 56 2 The Stone Roses The Complete

70 52 15 Jim Reeves The Very Best Of

71 62 118 Take That Never Forget - The Ultimate Collection

72 35 3 Frankmusik Complete Me

73 71 18 Empire Of The SunWalking On A Dream

74 R 46 Arctic Monkeys Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not

75 67 6 Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu Gurrumul

So the song it's already TOP 10 airplay in UK... what will "The Sun" write tomorrow... so much for the suppose airplay flop ;)

And when the promo for the album starts it will certainly hit TOP 3 airplay for sure... maybe even #01... fun and light superficial song it's what gets more chance for a UK airplay #01 hit ;)

I wish I had £1 for everytime madonna was declared' 'over' by the uk press.

I also wish I had £1 for every article about the latest female artist they declare 'will be bigger than Madonna'.

Congratulations on a UK airplay top ten M! Who needs Radio 1 anyway?

:thumbsup:

Here's an interesting clipping from UK industry paper "Music Week" which publishes all the official UK charts.

Madonna's new single "Celebration" has reached number 1 this week in both the UK Upfront Club Chart and the UK Commercial Club Chart. There's also a commentary about this achievement on the same page

musicweek_001.jpg

from Mtribe