Madonna, How About Some Australian Shows?

Cherish

I think her show is too expensive to take to Australia. She charges about 2 million per show. It would be really difficult for promoters to make a profit.

Besides she can make more dollar touring Europe. It a business decision if she decides not to go to Australia.

I doubt Madonna will tour Australia. This keeps coming up with every tour Madonna does and it never transpires. Constantly "Madonna will tour Australia next time" type of thing. I think most Aussie fans have given up hope of a Madonna tour. Too bad for Madonna

Lets see if its true ,,, LOL

*September 24th 2009 - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia

*September 26th 2009 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia

*September 29th 2009 - Telstra Dome, Melbourne, Australia

*October 3rd 2009 - Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

Guest Danny86

I guess the whole second part of S&ST was planned in advance, but the Australian dates fell out as we heard in the press a month ago, so round 2 of the tour got relegated to Europe...

Lets see if its true ,,, LOL

*September 24th 2009 - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia

*September 26th 2009 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia

*September 29th 2009 - Telstra Dome, Melbourne, Australia

*October 3rd 2009 - Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

Oz would be too cold for her to tour during this period of time.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm sure if Lola has to change her undies Madonna will want to be there for that, so i doubt she'll come. Hope so though.

I guess the whole second part of S&ST was planned in advance, but the Australian dates fell out as we heard in the press a month ago, so round 2 of the tour got relegated to Europe...

Mmmm... interesting. Perhaps you're right. As in she cleared her schedule to tour Australia this summer but the economy meant she's substituted the shows for Europe.

I am praying on behalf of Australian fans that she goes there. I really don't understand her problem with Australia. She may claim economic crisis this time but what about Confessions, Reinvention or Drowned World? She should just come out and say, "You're too far away and my private jet isn't comfortable enough for me to put in the 20 hours it takes to get there. Sorry, douche bags."

:rolleyes:

Guest Danny86

This is from a Madonna Tribe webmaster, I think it answers the question:

well Tribe always said it was a 2008-2009 tour, they never announced the 2009 leg until now, but we know she was planning to visit Japan and they had deals almost done to tour Australia

the latter did not materialize, and this is for sure a smaller amount of money than they planned

plus, Madonna it is not only "signed" at a record label now, she is in partnership with Live Nation

If Live Nation goes down financially, so does Madonna

last thing is, is they announce the itinerary this week it is likely that they will have the biggest income in their pockets (i.e., the sale of the O2 shows, if she does any) as soon as the next week

this is better than any remortgage

That makes sense. Australian dates were confirmed for January and the contracts were about to be signed but it all fell apart. It makes sense that she'd shift the second leg to Europe during the summer. The September dates for Australia do look feasible, though! Maybe we'll be lucky this time! P!nk will have finished her record-breaking tour here by that stage (43 shows and counting) - it will be time for Madonna to reclaim her attendance record ;).

Oz would be too cold for her to tour during this period of time.

It's spring - lots of people get married in that exact two week period because the weather is so nice. It can be cold in the southern states, yes, but generally, you'd be looking at temps in the low 20s right across the country at that time of the year.

Guest Danny86

Hey, it seems Australia might be happening after all:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...65-2902,00.html

Madonna, Britney Spears set to tour Australia in 2009

PEOPLE power - and a large cheque - have reportedly lured Madonna Down Under after she dodged Australia on her previous three tours.

And pop fans could also see Britney Spears for the first time.

A Madonna show at Telstra Dome has been pencilled in for September 29 and is tipped to be confirmed this week.

The Telstra Dome date - a Tuesday - would not clash with the venue's AFL commitments.

Fans may have to shell out $150 for the cheapest seats, given the falling Australian dollar and Madonna's high production costs.

Seats closest to the stage could sell for as much as $400.

The itinerary was posted on her promoter's website, Live Nation, yesterday. It listed shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth, as well as Europe and Japan, before being swiftly removed.

Madonna will extend her 2008 Sticky and Sweet tour - which became one of the highest-grossing tours in history, making $420 million - to visit places she missed last year.

Fan forums are already suggesting the diva should ditch many of the songs from the flop Hard Candy album for a greatest hits set.

Her Australian promoter Michael Coppel yesterday refused to comment.

Madonna's last Australian tour was in 1993.

Several Australian promoters are negotiating to bring Britney Spears to Australia for the first time, also in September.

Dates have been tentatively discussed for indoor shows in Melbourne and Sydney, as well as New Zealand.

Insiders say Spears' Circus tour will be one of the biggest productions to play indoor venues in Australia.

Britney's world tour begins in New Orleans in March. Ticket sales for the tour have already reached 600,000.

AC/DC are also tipped to perform at Telstra Dome at the end of 2009.

Maybe we'll be lucky this time! P!nk will have finished her record-breaking tour here by that stage (43 shows and counting) - it will be time for Madonna to reclaim her attendance record ;).

From your lips to God's ears...

She better fuckin tour down here soon, it's been way too long. Sydney is the second gay capital of the world for Christ's sake

I'll believe it when I see something official from either Madonna's people or the promoter.

Right now it sounds to me like another unfounded rumour.

And if she DID tour Australia, you really think Madge would dump the HARD CANDY songs from the set list?

Guest johnxjohn
I'll be pissed off if all she's doing is more European shows in 2009.

We Aussie fans have been waiting since 1993, I think we're owed a tour from Madge!

i hope she does go down there with you guys, she should go to Japan too since Japan is real good for the Music market i bet she can milk a lot of shows there!

Hope she doesn't. Last thing she want is for Caked Up Baby Shit to attend her show.

Here you go again, for fucks sake dude, can you FUCK OFF out of any Australian thread if all you are going to do is be a total cunt.

If Madonna doesn't come to Australia, even after doing another leg of S&S tour then she can FUCK OFF. I'm going to throw out all my Madonna records and start listening to Kylie. She owes us more than just one tour at this point and if she snubs us again then that is it for me!

Madonna and Britney Spears both touring Australia this year

By Kathy McCabe

The Daily Telegraph

January 29, 2009 12:01am

Text size

+ - Print Email Share Add to MySpace Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Fark Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff What are these? Superstars ... Madonna and Britney Spears are both expected to play Australian dates in September

Madonna, Britney Aussie tour dates leaked

Material girl last played Australia in 1993

Pictures: Madonna at 50

IT'S back on again: Madonna is expected to tour Australia in September.

Now the dust has settled on her divorce, her Madgesty confirmed on her website yesterday she was extending the Sticky And Sweet world tour, The Daily Telegraph reports.

While the official statement confirms she is "looking forward to an amazing summer in Europe", prospective concert dates in Japan and Australia were leaked on her international promoter's site before being quickly pulled.

But not before they were sighted by eagle-eyed fans, who posted the dates on fan blogs.

The leaked itinerary featured four Australian concerts with Madonna scheduled to perform at Sydney's ANZ Stadium on September 26.

A Madonna show at Melbourne's Telstra Dome has been pencilled in for September 29 and is tipped to be confirmed this week.

Related Coverage

That outfit's a shocker!

NEWS.com.au,

Life and times of Madonna

NEWS.com.au,

Madonna, Britney set to tour

Courier Mail, 29 Jan 2009

Madonna, Brit heading to Oz

Daily Telegraph, 29 Jan 2009

Divas down under

Herald Sun, 29 Jan 2009 Your Say

Who care's both of them can't sing as well is Kylie anyhow... Kylie sooooo puts on a better live show then both of them..

(Read More)

Shaun of Melbourne

The Telstra Dome date - a Tuesday - would not clash with the venue's AFL commitments.

Fans may have to shell out $150 for the cheapest seats, given the falling Australian dollar and Madonna's high production costs.

Seats closest to the stage could sell for as much as $400.

The website also listed shows in Brisbane and Perth, as well as Europe and Japan, before being swiftly removed.

The last time Madonna performed in Australia was for the 1993 Girlie Show tour at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Also leaked and then removed from the same Live Nation website were details of the next leg of Britney Spears' world tour - and it looks like the comeback pop princess and Madonna will both be in Australia in September.

Spears was slated to perform three concerts at Sydney's Acer Arena - right next door to the ANZ Stadium where Madonna is booked.

While their proximity would fuel a frenzy of speculation about cameos at each other's shows, it is unlikely Madonna or Spears' jam-packed schedules would allow for an Australian duet.

Local fans and promoters have been willing the dollar to improve to safeguard Australia as a must-do destination on the international touring circuit for the huge stadium acts.

With sales of more than 400,000 tickets for more than 40 shows, Pink has singlehandedly demonstrated that music fans here are determined to be entertained despite hard economic times.

Rock fans remain optimistic that AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica and U2 also add Australian legs onto their international tours this year.

- With the Herald Sun

Guest Pud Whacker
Hope she doesn't. Last thing she want is for Caked Up Baby Shit to attend her show.

oh, if he was close, it would change drastically. anyway, i have a few freinds in australia and one in particular would be soooooooo happy and its sooooooooo long overdue. ask molly!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
If Madonna doesn't come to Australia, even after doing another leg of S&S tour then she can FUCK OFF. I'm going to throw out all my Madonna records and start listening to Kylie. She owes us more than just one tour at this point and if she snubs us again then that is it for me!

6ec84a5f.jpg

:lol:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The Aussie media is taking this all a bit too excitedly i think, nothing has OFFICIALLY been announced yet, so i think we should all wait till Live Nation actually says it themselves. Going off a so called "list" that appeared on the site which people saw [and magically didn;t take a screen cap of] isn't enough to go gaga over.................not yet. We'll find out soon enough though.

With Britney and Midge here over the course of a week during the same month, Australia will be in pop star madness! i won;t know what to do with myself! i will simply run around in circles screaming :lol:

Cameron Adams clearly doesn't read forums or take much notice of worldwide sales. Yes, forum members have suggested dropping a couple of HC tracks (most notably Spanish Lesson), but it's hardly as though they've been suggesting that she drop most of the tracks! As for HC being a flop, how can one of the highest selling albums of the year across the entire planet be considered a flop?

If S&S makes it to Australia in September, its current tracklist would be a massive crowd pleaser. Lots of Australian #1 singles (Vogue, LAP, 4M, HU, ITG), lots of Top 20 singles (Borderline, YMLM, LIB, ROL, HN, DADay) and a show that's just downright good fun. This show would be a bigger hit with Australian audiences than CT would have been. Fingers crossed!!! The rumoured dates in September coincide perfectly with my holidays.....which would be amazing!!! :thumbsup: