"Miles Away" Worldwide Chart Thread

Ugly Hecty

Are we gonna see the song in the united world chart???

that's what i was thinking... downloads there surely is huge enough for it to chart in the United World Chart...

that's what i was thinking... downloads there surely is huge enough for it to chart in the United World Chart...

I know.. But I have never seen any Japanese song in the United World chart Maybe due to the rule that there is on the ORICON charts(not to count the downloads) they do not appear on the united world chart either??

and how come is Miles away doing so great????

Because it's the theme song to the hugely hyped and highly rated TV Drama Change in Japan!

Miles Away in Japan:

Hotexpress Daily Airplay chart:

Miles Away is up to #3! :D :D On the Billboard Weekly Japanese Airplay chart, 4 Minutes slips down 2-6 - time for Miles Away to take over!

iTunes daily chart:

Now been pushed down to #2! Although it still appears at #1 here: Here.4 Minutes down to #13 & Hung Up down to #63. The Hard Candy (Deluxe Edition) album is now down to #2 & also at #81 thanks to the annoying boyband Superfly. The original version is at #14 & Confessions is still rockin' it at #45!

Recochoku daily charts (Biggest digital store in Japan, moreso for ringtones than for PC downloads):

Song Ringtone Rankings: #2 (Last Time: #2)

Full Song Ringtone Rankings: #3 (Last Time: #3)

Ringtone Rankings: #1 (Last Time: #2) :D :D

Ringback Tone Rankings: #2 (Last Time: #2)

Total Rankings: #2 (Last Time: #2)

It's safe to say that Miles Away is currently one of the top 3 most downloaded songs in Japan, easily!

And note - the last time a song did this well on Recochoku was Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend. So I think it's safe to assume that Miles Away is the biggest international song in Japan since Avril's Girlfriend (a million selling single on digital sales). :scared::scared:

Madonna in Japan, Thursday:

Digital Sales for "Miles Away" - 100,000 downloads so far according to this article. :D

Recochoku Daily Rankings (Biggest digital store in Japan):

Song Ringtones: Miles Away down 2-4, 4 Minutes down 29-35

Full Song Ringtones: Miles Away down 3-8, 4 Minutes down 44-67

Videoclips: 4 Minutes down 13-16 & Hung Up is back at #93. :D

Incoming Movies: 4 Minutes down 18-28 & Hung Up is back at #99.

Ringtones: Miles Away down 1-5 :sad:, Miles Away (Deluxe Edition) is down 8-16, & Miles Away (E-Mail Version) is down 8-25

Ringback Tone Rankings: Miles Away slips 2-3, 4 Minutes up 63-57

Total Rankings: Miles Away down 2-5, 4 Minutes down 34-50

iTunes Daily Updates:

Miles Away is now down to #3. :tongue:4 Minutes down to #18 & Hung Up is now down to #80. :americanlife:

Albums: Deluxe Edition at #'s 3 & 59, original at #16, Confessions at #41, & The Immaculate Collection at #101. :D

Airplay

Billboard Japanese Airplay Chart: 4 Minutes slips 2-6 while Miles Away doesn't appear in the top 20 just yet. However it will be top 5 next week as:

Hotexpress Daily Airplay Chart: Miles Away appears at #4 today, and since it was #3 yesterday & top 10 all week, a top 5/10 placing for next week is well secure. :D

The momentum from 2 days ago is now calming down as she had the #1 ringtone on Recochoku & the #1 download on iTunes, but I guess we've have to wait for next Monday for any significant impact to occur again. ;)

madge-tribe.blogspot.com

Friday, May 16, 2008

"Change" closing credits with "Miles Away" by Madonna

As I've reported a few months ago, Madonna has licensed Miles Away, expected to be the album’s third single, as the theme for a drama called Change on Japan’s Fuji TV.

Today you can watch the closing credits of the series that aired yesterday with Miles Away in the background (as you can hear, the song was slightly edited): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0za0xhvwq8g

Source: Madonna Fanzine

madge-tribe.blogspot.com

Friday, May 16, 2008

"Change" closing credits with "Miles Away" by Madonna

As I've reported a few months ago, Madonna has licensed Miles Away, expected to be the album’s third single, as the theme for a drama called Change on Japan’s Fuji TV.

Today you can watch the closing credits of the series that aired yesterday with Miles Away in the background (as you can hear, the song was slightly edited): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0za0xhvwq8g

Source: Madonna Fanzine

Nice editing. Except the cut in the first verse : awkward.

This song is career top.

Fantastic Promotion! Nice editing version! This is going to be Huge in Japan for sure and this time her album will surely break records ;)

So... digital sales don't count toward the Japanese charts? This could have been herfirst No. 1 on an all-encompassing Japanese singles chart. Do physical non-foreign Japanese singles even sell much of anything?

Guest Hafo

Japanese singles chart by Oricon only consider physical releases. So unless it has a physical release, Miles Away won't make it to the chart.

Ugly Hecty has more details on this I think :)

Japanese singles chart by Oricon only consider physical releases. So unless it has a physical release, Miles Away won't make it to the chart.

Ugly Hecty has more details on this I think :)

f@ck.. those japs make high tech gadgets with very good brains yet they are not advanced on their charts... flop...

So... digital sales don't count toward the Japanese charts? This could have been herfirst No. 1 on an all-encompassing Japanese singles chart. Do physical non-foreign Japanese singles even sell much of anything?

Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You" #2 on Oricon Single Chart in 1994

Celine Dion "To Love You More' #1 on Oricon Single Chart in 1995

Both Singles sold more than million copies in Japan :dramatic:

Fabulous update today, guys! :D :D

Airplay

Hotexpress Daily Airplay Chart: Miles Away is now at #1! :D :D I think it'll be top 5 on the Billboard Japanese Airplay chart this week! :D :D It'll easily do better than 4 Minutes in Japan!

I'd say her biggest hits in Japan this decade are (considering physical/digital sales & airplay):

01 Miles Away

02 Hung Up

03 Music

04 4 Minutes

05 Me Against The Music (Yes, I'm serious! :D)

It's still top 5 on iTunes & Recochoku, so it'll be later on today or tommorow that we'll see a major update with the song again due to the airing of Change again today!

Massive update for today! :D

Digital Sales

RIAJ Official Monthly Download Chart - April 2008

International Ranking - Overall Ranking

Only Int.Artists

(Left To Right:Rank of International chart,Rank of Overall chart,Title,Artist)

05 [49] Four Minutes - Madonna

06 [51] Miles Away - Madonna

4 Minutes was #91 on the Monthly Download Chart in March!

And Miles Away was only there on a week's worth of sales! :D Considering it's sales, I believe it's already been certified Gold there (100,000 copies) following Hung Up's Double Platinum certification in late 2006. (500,000 DL's) - considering it's everlasting presence of iTunes, I imagine Hung Up's digital sales are at 600-700K in Japan - close for a Triple Platinum certification. :D

Recochoku Rankings:

Daily:

Song Ringtones: Miles Away stays 2-2, 4 Minutes down 42-52.

Full Song Ringtones: Miles Away down 4-5, with 4 Minutes down 72-93.

Video Clips: 4 Minutes down 15-21

Incoming Movie Rankings: 4 Minutes up 34-33.

Ringtone Rankings: Miles Away stays 3-3, Miles Away (Deluxe Version) down 8-12, & Miles Away (E-Mail Version) down 13-18.

Ringback Tone Rankings: Miles Away stays 3-3

Total Rankings: Miles Away down 2-5, with 4 Minutes down 42-53.

And Recochoku reported that it's #1 on the international download chart, and it's guessing on a weekly download chart it's probably lower top 5, higher than top 10 at the moment! :D

iTunes Japan:

Miles Away is now at #5 with 4 Minutes at #26 & Hung Up at #90. On the albums listing, the deluxe edition is at #3, with the original at #20 & Confessions now down to #118.

Airplay

Billboard Japanese Airplay Chart: Miles Away is up 26 spots to #4 this week! :D :D I knew it! :D :D With 4 Minutes out of the top ten now. Still though, it's amazing that she has 2 top ten airplay smashes in a row from this album!

Hotexpress Daily Airplay Chart: Miles Away down to #5 today.

Miles Away in the regional weekly airplay charts from Hotexpress:

#3 Tokyo

#8 Osaka

#8 Fukuoka

#9 Sapporo

4 Minutes still #5 in Nagoya.

Guest Hammageil

So you wanna say that MA is way bigger than 4M in Japan, right?

And the 100.000/ platinum certification, you speak of 4 minutes?

So you wanna say that MA is way bigger than 4M in Japan, right?

And the 100.000/ platinum certification, you speak of 4 minutes?

According to recent articles (the most recent the 20th of May), Miles Away has sold 100,000 copies in digital sales which is enough to qualify it for a Gold certification for downloads/ringtones in Japan.

Miles Away has definitely outsold 4 Minutes which I would estimate would be around 60,000-70,000. 4 Minutes only briefly went top 10 on iTunes while Miles Away was #1 for 2-3 days last week in Japan

Appearances on RIAJ's Monthly Downloads Chart:

March:

#91 4 Minutes

April:

#49 4 Minutes

#51 Miles Away

In terms of airplay, Miles Away isn't way bigger than 4 Minutes yet, but it will be eventually. So far, official airplay peaks for both:

4 Minutes #2 for 2 weeks (Plus hit #1 on MTV Japan & #4 Spaceshower TV)

Miles Away #4* (So far.)

4 Minutes is still top 5 on the video channels as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

according to Madonnatribe:

MadonnaTribe News has just heard from reliable sources

that it's 200% confirmed at this moment that Miles

Away is going to be the third single off the Hard

Candy album even though we don't have any info on the

video at this point. Stay tuned!