"Miles Away" Worldwide Chart Thread

Ugly Hecty

Guest superman
it also dawned on me while i was typing this that american boy is really big now. who knows but maybe WBR was thingking that if they released a feat. kayne west single, it would be looked at as copying :electropop:

I totally Agree, American Boy is now very popular and such a great song.. if BGO release this year, it will be a stiff competition for the Grammy Award as Best song Collaboration category.

Estelle & Kanye / Madonna & Kanye. coool!!!

According to Rudonno at UKMIX:

Miles Away to be released on Nov 14 in Germany as a Maxi CD / download single

No info on the physical single

Thanks to AdonaiGermany on Madonnafanzine

He also said that Warner Netherlands is starting the official promo push for the single this week. With no video though, I am not sure what that entails.

However, since we have word of a CD maxi - I am guessing we will get some remixes. Hope they are good, if so.

from madonnatribe

miles away official date release for italian radio is at 10 october

Give it to me is still play it a lot on the italian radio , it's at 9 on the national airplay ( from Musica & dischi )

Give It 2 Me was not a flop in Europe and is still slowly dropping down the charts. I suppose they want to take advantage of that and then release MA later on when sales start to pick up after the summer slump.

I still can't work out why they would bother to release MA and not even put some sort of video together? It wouldn't take that long. Perhaps videos of old clips just don't get played now. Everything has to have a new look every time. I never saw any of the GHV2 videos or even heard the song on radio.

Guest superman

10 October - from Mad-eyes.net ----- Miles Away digital single available

Several European iTunes stores, including Belgium, The Netherlands and the UK released the digital single of Miles Away. unfortunately it's nothing new for fans as it's just the regular album version, that's been available for nearly 6 months already. The cover picture used is the same used for the promo CDs. We currently have no info whether this ballad is going to get a physical single or a digital remix EP, without those or a music video, it promises to be Madonna's most pointless single release ever that's not likely to make a dent on the charts. The final Warner Bros Madonna single is not really giving justice to a 25-year long partnership...

and to Warner Bros. : DAMMED YOU!!! you killed Hard Candy Album!! :americanlife:

And it's now at #20 on the Dutch Top 40 (not the official chart, but still a quite good indicator - it mixes airplay with downloads/sales.

Also, Miles Aways hits #1 on its first radio airplay chart - in Lithuania's Radio Laluna :p There.

Guest superman
MA re-enters the Canadian Hot 100 at #83.

Really? wow.. but i havent heard on the radio yet though..

it will rise up when Canadian tour starts.

From UKMix:

And Miles Away is also now Radio 2's Single Of The Week as well.

I predict Radio 1 to C-List & Radio 2 B-List and let it fly away just like Love Profusion.

Miles Away Global Airplay Chartings:

Turkey (International): #3 (+2)

Slovak Republic: #21 (Debut)

Czech Republic: #23 (+37)

Russia: #353 (Debut) - lol

Guest superman

I sent an email to Ask the Billboard about Madonna's 3rd single not been in the chart yet, and i made a comments about U.S radio not playing Madonna latest song. here is the answer to my question:

Ask BB (Askbb@billboard.com)

Sent: October 23, 2008 1:50:51 AM

To: Christian XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

"Miles" hasn't been released in the U.S. yet, or even promoted to radio. I haven't heard anything official from Warner Bros. about a third single in America yet, though I keep reading stuff on fan sites alleging "Miles" is the next single.

AskBB.com

So there you go.. but some of fans on here saying the 3rd single is a Flop!! who says?

Guest mvitale

According to Warner Music Netherlands, there will be video with a compilation of live footage from the Sticky & Sweet Tour. The video is set to premiere on November 17th.