The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Guest danielal

So the sales uncounted by CCA will still count to madonna overall sales won't they?

I mean they will not be lost in space...no?

So the sales uncounted by CCA will still count to madonna overall sales won't they?

I mean they will not be lost in space...no?

Bloody Tesco....

I hope they withdraw that offer soon, otherwise it will kill catalogue sales

Guest boytoyville

That sucks. I guess it's good for Warners though as Tesco is buying the albums form them & selling them at a loss all on their own.

Guest boytoyville

So they aren't counting the catalogue sales for the chart but they are still counting Hard Candy sales right? Hard Candy should still have all it's sales count & tope the chart for second week?

That sucks. I guess it's good for Warners though as Tesco is buying the albums form them & selling them at a loss all on their own.

It's not a loss for Tesco. Buyers will now buy more CDs from them knowing they have such offers once in a while.

Madonna's back catalogue is at 4.99 £ on iTunes as well.

Guest Hafo

We hope so. Tomorrow's midweeks may give a better idea of HC's performance, it's expected that all missing sales from Sun/Mon will be added.

James Masterson's commentary this week:

Well this shouldn't take long. All the chart headlines this week belong to Madonna who not only retains top place on the singles chart but also sees long awaited parent album 'Hard Candy' shoulder all competition neatly out of the way on the album chart. In doing so she sets yet another benchmark, becoming only the fourth act in the history of the UK charts (and the first woman naturally) to land herself ten Number One albums. At least that is the statistic you will read everywhere this week anyway. Some would dispute the exact total given that one of those albums was the Original Cast Recording of the movie version of 'Evita' which had a week at the top in early 1997, and whilst Madonna was one of the lead performers on the album she by no means had solo billing. Argue amongst yourselves as to whether that actually counts.

Incidentally, the other acts with over ten Number One albums to their name? The Beatles and Elvis naturally, but also unusually for these records, the Rolling Stones who had their tenth chart-topper with 'Voodoo Lounge' back in 1994.

Guest powerofgoodbye

Another week to continue at #1?

Now 4 minutes at #1 & #54 in Itunes now. GI2M @ #103

Black & Gold @ #3, #23 & #86.

Great. I want another week at number 1. With all the forthcoming promo in the UK, I hope it sells very well. Lets hope for well-crafted videos though, not like GT or Jump....

Another week to continue at #1?

Now 4 minutes at #1 & #54 in Itunes now. GI2M @ #103

Black & Gold @ #3, #23 & #86.

Difficult to say it now. The gap on itunes is very small. All depends on physical sales and on the forthcoming promotion.

Wednesday Midweeks:

1 4 MINUTES MADONNA FT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 14,190

2 BLACK & GOLD SAM SPARRO 12,252

3 WEARING MY ROLEX WILEY 11,964

1 HARD CANDY MADONNA 14,311

2 JUMPING ALL OVER THE WORLD SCOOTER 12,256

3 ROCKFERRY DUFFY 9,996

4 SONGS FROM THE SPARKLE LOUNGE DEF LEPPARD 6,733

Wednesday Midweeks

Singles

1 Madonna

2 Sam Sparro

3 Wiley

4 Will I Am

5 Usher

9 Kylie Minogue

Top 20

Duffy

Kelly Rowland

jamie fox

nelly

Duffy Warwick Avenue

Top 40

Wideboys

Sara Bareilles

Albums

1 Madonna

2 Scooter

3 Duffy

4 Def Leppard

5 Portishead Third

Top 10

Hadouken!

Top 20

Delays

Jack McManus

Top 30

Steve Winwood

One Night Only

Willie Nelson

Frankie Valli/ The Four Seasons

Top 40

Robert Plant

Kylie Minogue

Feeling

Guest ercos

wohoo! double #1 for Madge. Same for Untied World Chart for sure... Madge rules the world!!!!

Guest Hafo

HC sales are appallingly low for a second week. Hope the midweek numbers are still missing info! Otherwise we're looking at 30K sold this week :confused:

HC sales are appallingly low for a second week. Hope the midweek numbers are still missing info! Otherwise we're looking at 30K sold this week :confused:

I agree but if it's number 1 then so is the trend. If they get their strategy right and do a big push for the festive market then it should do one million by the year end. However, if they fuck it up and abandon things after single number 2 then it'll be lucky to do 500,000.