4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

Madonna loons are probably more determined... Madonna hasn't been this close to a #1 in nearly a decade :dramatic:

nah. I think its being purchased by people who are actually digging the song. I mean look at this board. How many people are showing Lamb-like lunacy? Maybe 3 or 4 out of all the members in total? Its a genuine hit.

Guest mattcho
Are you absolutely sure that the video downloads do not count toward the single sales? I remember reading, a couple of years ago when "Sorry" came out, that sales of that particular video counted towards sales of the "Sorry" single.

Videos have their own chart on iTunes - they are not included in the single's sales.

Unfortunately, however, there is no Billboard chart that incorporates music video sales on iTunes.

- Matt

Edited by mattcho

there are 5 Madonna ads on the iTunes front page now ... #1 song, #1 video, #1 ringtone, the album ad in the "staff favorite" & the top video ad!

and I hope there'll be "bandwagon-buyers"

Billboard counts sales of DVD and video singles towards its singles charts, but it does not count sales of digital videos at this stage.

My GOD the bitch just might be able to pull it off this week!!!!

Whats Moo moos aud. imp right now? Has the freaking poop song peaked yet?

because no matter how much people laugh at Mariah's crazed fans... truth is EVERY artist has them and they ALL buy multiple copies of singles/albums

people just want their fave artists to do well and appear popular to the general masses

record companies LOVE the LOONS

I have to say I've never seen it as organized as it is with the lambs. SHE even encourages them to do it. I would turn in my fan card if Madonna EVER pulled some shit like that....it's PATHETIC! But yes ALL artists (especially divas) have the fans that will buy multiple copies but the lambs take it to a WHOLE 'NOTHER LEVEL!!

I need to add something else cause this is what pisses me off. 4 MIN is obviously going to outsell the living shit out of Mariahs song when all is said and done yet Mariahs gets to be #1 while Madonna has to perform these huge amount of downloads week after week and its still not in the bag for her. :rant:

Guest harbors
another difference is Mariah calls in the troops for things that cost 49 or 99 cents while we all come out for 300-500 dollar concert tickets.

it's called GAP "Mariah" VS GUCCI "Madonna" :dramatic:

Guest Bad Robot

Just a quick sanity check.

You should buy the song if you like it, you can request it at your LOCAL radio station if you want to hear it, or suggest it to a friend you think might like it, but really once you start buying multiple copies or requesting at radio stations you don't listen to (or even live near), you're venturying into scary territory!

Let's not use these threads to mobilize "loon" fans, please.

Guest Bad Robot

I just don't think it's at all healthy or admirable to encourage that kind of stuff.

Plus, I think it turns off a lot of the posters here who often find the chart forum overwhelmed with the loon-like stuff.

If you want to talk about how many sales it would take to hit #1 or what counts for what chart, by all means, but stuff like organizing radio request-a-thons or telling people to buy tons of copies and open multiple iTunes accounts -- please reserve that for another thread or subforum.

In fact actually I think that might be a good idea. I'm going to start a thread for the promo stuff.

Guest flotando

If TMP is between Leona and Lily Wayne it's for sure TMP will be around 160.000-170.000 downloads. So, if with 23 bars she is at 170.000, that would mean Madonna, with 35, is around 258.000. And if Mariah is at 160.000, that would mean Madonna is at 243.000. In the first case Madonna could be #1, but still, TMP would be really really close!!! It's very difficult.

Madonna's bars last week were double than Usher and finally her downloads didn't duplicate Usher's though... so don't be too surprised if Madonna's downloads are 200k, TMP's 170k and we see another #3 or even #4...

i just checked the popularity bars, and it's still about the same. moomoo is at about 65% of madonna's bar.

Let's hope Madonna can gain more distance during the weekend with the video release ;):thumbsup:

for those interested....Madonna's videos in the top 100 videos at Itunes...

#70 Hung Up

#59 Sorry

#20 Justify My Love

#1 4 Minutes

4 Minutes has had 684 reviews and has a 4 out of 5 star rating. TMB has a lowly 164 reviews and a 3 1/2 star rating!