4 Minutes around the World Sales Charts

Guest Hafo

I think we all can agree what a super sized flop 4M is by Madonna's standards. She could easily have a frozen or HU sized hit WORLDWIDE again with the right material but 4M isn't strong enough. Where was HU, Music, Frozen, even Sorry 23 days into their debut? AL was #1 on mediatraffic for 4 weeks. Let's see if 4M can reach one. Bottom line is, don't ever trade mediocre to superior because of famous names attached when choosing lead single.

Dude, get a clue! 4M is a great pop song and is already a worldwide smash - by anybody's standards. Madonna wanted an american hit this time around and she got it. Perhaps you wanted a Hung up vol. 2. You ain't getting it. Get over it!

week 14/2008

1 (1) - Canada (hot 100)

3 (3) - USA (hot 100)

8 (5) - UK

1 (1) - Finland

1 (new) - Italy

1 (new) - Netherlands

1 (1) - Norway

2 (5) - Sweden

2 (3) - Denmark

3 (new) - Portugal

8 (9) - Ireland

15 (14) - New Zealand

14 (14) - Europe

2 (3) - World

Airplay

4 (7) - Canada

7 (6) - UK

30 (41) - USA

1 (11) Denmark

1 (6) - Quebec

1 (45) - Luxemburg

2 (new) - Turkey

3 (new) - Poland

4 (10) - Venezuela (pop-rock)

5 (15) - Macedonia

8 (9) - Australia

8 (52) - France

8 (25) - Norway

8 (18) - Switzerland

9 (19) - Ireland

9 (18) - Slovakia

9 (new) - Slovenia

11 (15) - Italy

12 (21) - Germany

13 (157) - Spain

14 (37) - Estonia

14 (10) - Sweden

17 (21) - Czech

18 (47) - Argentina

19 (new) - Ukraine

21 (new) - Bulgary

22 (new) - Brazil (hot 100)

2 (new) - Europe (nielsen music control)

Downloads

1 (2) - USA (446.345)

1 (1) - Canada

6 (5) - UK (59.295)

1 (new) - Netherlands

2 (4) - Greece

3 (3) - Australia

4 (1) - France

6 (7) - Spain

8 (13) - Sweden (realtones)

1 (2) - Europe

I think we all can agree what a super sized flop 4M is by Madonna's standards. She could easily have a frozen or HU sized hit WORLDWIDE again with the right material but 4M isn't strong enough. Where was HU, Music, Frozen, even Sorry 23 days into their debut? AL was #1 on mediatraffic for 4 weeks. Let's see if 4M can reach one. Bottom line is, don't ever trade mediocre to superior because of famous names attached when choosing lead single.

:clap::thumbsup::bow:

Back then, singles were released differently and nothing charted until a physical release was available. You can't compare how quickly a single rises in 2008 with how quickly singles released even two years ago rose. 4M is a massive worldwide hit for Madonna before the physical single even hits the shelves.

Guest boytoyville

I don't get it UK airplay dropped from #6 to #7 this week? What the hell? Oh well nice to finally see her at number 1 on UK I-tunes. It's about damn time!

I would like to point out to you that "Hung Up" was #4 on the Media Traffic chart in its 3rd week and "4 Minutes" is now at #2 in the same time frame. I am not sure how that constitutes a flop. :confused:

week 14/2008

15 (14) - New Zealand

Can I ask WHAT THE HELL is up with New Zealand? She never does super well there and I haven't a clue why. Is anyone here from NZ? Is she a pariah there?

Can I ask WHAT THE HELL is up with New Zealand? She never does super well there and I haven't a clue why. Is anyone here from NZ? Is she a pariah there?

even Hung Up was #2 in New Zeland :confused:

FUCKING YEAH, she is No. 1 on UK iTunes!

She is also up to No. 2 in Ireland's iTunes so I expect a higher position on tomorrow's Irish chart, hopefully a Top 5!

Guest iMisto

Well, I REALLY hope 4M hits #1 on mediatraffic this coming week... so we can add another song to her list of GLOBAL number 1's!!! She already holds the record. Now it's time to pull away from everybody. ;)

its dong "well"/way better than so-so worldwide as some are saying. I think its gonna obviously have more longevity than American Life, which also debuted in many countries then w/in a month, well I won't elaborate lol. No, it clearly doesnt have that enormous worldwide domination vibe of HU, "yet" its scoring every bit as well, if not better than the average first M single from a new album. Shes also hitting #1 in countries which she rarely does like Holland, Denmark and a few others.

Guest marsha
Itunes: still #1 in Canada

BL #2 selling @ 40-50% of 4 minutes

TMB #9 selling 1/3 of 4 minutes

I'd say 40% -+ for Touch my belly I'm pregnant (likely 100K, so we can expect 220/230k for 4M, impact of the video. and more next week with the edit version and the remixes)

Guest SuperPop
Shes also hitting #1 in countries which she rarely does like Holland, Denmark and a few others.

:bad: in Denmark even AL (the song) hit no1...

Guest iMisto
I'd say 40% -+ for Touch my belly I'm pregnant (likely 100K, so we can expect 220/230k for 4M, impact of the video. and more next week with the edit version and the remixes)

If Madge sells that much, I'll be blown away. :dramatic:

And if she manages to sell more the week the remixes are released... I just might shit myself.

4M peak on I-Tunes Charts

Us 1

Uk 1

Australia 1

Canada 1

Spain 1

France 1

Finland 1

Denmark 1

Sweden 1

Nederland 1

Italy 1

Luxembourg 1

New Zealand 1

Portugal 1

Norway 1

Austria 1

Swizterland 1

Belgium 1

Germany 2

Ireland 2

Japon 34

Guest Caresse Henry
She better be #1 in Latvia or I will be VERY disappointed. :vanitybonet:

Well dear it is not charting in Latvia yet but you will be DELIGHTED to know that it is now #1 in Lithuania. Is it a real country anyway? :D

Why they don't let it chart:(

Finally! :angel:

Australian singles chart 14/04

3 (NEW) 4 MINUTES Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake WARNER

I guess based on downloads alone

Australian digital chart 14/04

1 (3) 4 MINUTES Madonna WARNER

I have no idea why Warners Australia has suddenly decided to let 4M chart based on downloads alone after two weeks of requesting that its digital sales not be included in the main chart. If sales continue to be strong this week, there's a chance it could go to #1 next week, becoming only the second single to do so based on downloads alone (Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop The Music" being the first. As it stands, Madonna now holds the record for the highest debut ever by a digital single.