UK Charts - Dec 2 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

SO I like one, maybe two Leona tunes, and that makes me a Loon, does it?

Nah, don't think so. There are many artists I don't like many songs from, but I'm subjective enough to know when they do make a good tune, even if it's not something that I particularly like.

Maybe when you hit your teens you'll start appreciating something other than McFly.

The age joke again! C'mon you can do better than that.

Who told you I like McFly? You are assuming too much. I actually dont like boybands.

And I wouldn't consider Leona's music for adults at all. It is targeted for teenagers and brainless adults. If we are talking about U2, Dire Straits or Tina Turner, then I would agree with you, .. these are well-respected artists, but Leona, c'mon we all know the type of person who would buy her CDs...

At least I am mature enough not to like what I am being showed on the MTV.

Francisco has 1 friends.

:chuckle:

Do I need to answer to this? I think you are making fun of yourself. Go back to insult people with cancer, it seems it is the only thing you can do. I feel really pity for you.

I agree with you in something though: your nickname couldnt be more fair. :thumbsup:

There's no way in hell any retailer would use "X" as a loss leader. It's nowhere NEAR big enough for that. The final Harry Potter book was used as a loss leader by many supermarkets and stores because of the phenomenal demand. "X" doesn't even come *close* to the levels needed to truly be a "loss leader". It's not as is 100s of 1000s of people were rushing around on monday to buy their copy of "X". Leona Lewis's album would have been a suitable loss-leader, but Kylie's? No way.

:clap:

ASDA are currently selling Dom Perignon for £30. Now THATS A LOSS LEADER!

Guest FuckBuddy

such a shame girls aloud cannot climb to number one. i mean, leona was fine for a couple of weeks, yet the joke's now gettin too old.

i'm actually surpised of kylie's steady day to day sales. she's on course of sellin at least 90k copies by saturday, and that's quite a feat. this is the first time a studio album of hers manages to perform a lot better than the lead single that promotes it.

Friday Top 40 Update

SINGLES

1 Leona Lewis (27.2k)

2 Girls Aloud (22.4k)

3 T2 (21.4k)

Top 10

Elvis Presley

Top 15

Soulja Boy

Top 30

Editors

Mariah Carey

Top 40

Pendulum

Sean Kingston

Christina Aguilera - Hurt

Sugababes - Change

Pogues & Kirsty Macoll

ALBUMS

1 Leona Lewis (102k)

2 Shayne Ward (68k)

3 Kylie (57k)

4 Westlife (50.5K)

Top 15

Russell Watson

Top 20

Royal Scots Dragoon Guards

Michael Buble

Top 30

Connie Talbot

Top 40

Paul Potts

----

Physical single might as well be dead. At some point Elvis was #1 in this chart ... Leona and GA are neck to neck in digital, but GA physical sales are quite low. Poor sales overall.

The gap between Kylie and Westlife has shrunk to less than 6500. What if the Irish mongrels end up at #2 on Sunday!

Guest Glamorama

The gap between Kylie and Westlife has shrunk to less than 6500. What if the Irish mongrels end up at #2 on Sunday!

They'll never overtake Shayne Ward will they?

Last week, Westlife was at 34.5K on Friday and end up with 54.3K on Sunday. That's an increase of over 57%.

If the increase is the same this weekend, Westlife may end up with 80K. Sales are now stronger than last week overall, so it all depends on how good Shayne and Kylie sell in the next 36 hours.

Guest FuckBuddy

Well it all depends. Leona Lewis is #1 for a 5th week with her single. Kylie is at 9 after 2 weeks. Relatively speaking, it's an absolute disaster.

a month ago, kylie was supposed to miss the top spot in favour of the spice girls. a month later, she's set to spend a third week in the top 10 while the spice girls never managed to enter it. her album will probably sell about 90k in its first week, which would mark her second biggest album opening of her career. it's possible that people have actually been waiting for the album in order to get 2hearts. don't forget that kylie's audience is older than the kids that get to watch x factor and idolize beyonce and justin wannabes. if the album gets to sell 300k+ up to christmas, then relatively speaking, 2hearts should be considered to have served its purpose.

a month ago, kylie was supposed to miss the top spot in favour of the spice girls. a month later, she's set to spend a third week in the top 10 while the spice girls never managed to enter it. her album will probably sell about 90k in its first week, which would mark her second biggest album opening of her career. it's possible that people have actually been waiting for the album in order to get 2hearts. don't forget that kylie's audience is older than the kids that get to watch x factor and idolize beyonce and justin wannabes. if the album gets to sell 300k+ up to christmas, then relatively speaking, 2hearts should be considered to have served its purpose.

Hmm, I really can't agree. I still think if she had kicked off proceedings with "In My Arms" or "The One", the album would have gotten a much better start. 90k is definitely more than respectable though.

Guest FuckBuddy

Hmm, I really can't agree. I still think if she had kicked off proceedings with "In My Arms" or "The One", the album would have gotten a much better start. 90k is definitely more than respectable though.

obviously both songs u've mentioned are far more classic kylie than 2hearts and would have been far bigger hits than the lead single. still, i'm glad she chose 2hearts cause she seems to love it to bits. i get the impression this is the kind of music she's more comfortable with these days, and that's fair enough. instead of just delivering the vocals, she seems to be enjoying it. it's evident she was the one that decided on this song being served as the first single, and i hope it won't backfire to her cause, from now on, she should have the right to release the music she's really fond of.

2 hearts is also holding up well on downloads. It currently features three times on the top 100 itunes songs, highest place no.9 (just overtaken Shayne again). This is a nice suprise after the no.4 peak and predicted plummet.

Thanks for RikH, we know the Top 4 Albums this week:

1. Leona - 164000

2. Shayne - 95000

3. Westlife - 83692

4. Kylie - 82370

At the end the Syrupy Irish sold ~1K over la Minogue :shock:

Yes, 82.000 are pretty good! Well, of course it's a relative flop compared to what we expected a couple of months ago, but after the bad reviews and the cold reaction to 2 Hearts, I expected far less. I hope people keep on buying!!!!